PDA

View Full Version : Tainted candy in America!!!

Mcich
10-27-2008, 02:14 PM
yeah thats right, you read the comment just right, I can't even begin to describe it to you, all I can do is show you this link.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nUB79WJ9ktQ

I admire Mike for doing this, he's really putting his neck on the line to let people know the score, please comment, rate him spread the word to all your friends.

I am not from the US, I am from the UK, but this is something that we all need to help with! so come on, help get the word out to people before it is too late!

Malaki Skywalker
10-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Here's another one: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R3dbBQPIFf0&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_105611

sekrogue1985
10-27-2008, 02:32 PM
not trying to seem uncaring but they have a candy scare every year i think...yeah just showed this to some parents in my class they went holy crap i bought those for my kids or for kids...and thus yeah cells phones were out and people were calling. it made me laugh sort of...

Malaki Skywalker
10-27-2008, 02:37 PM
not trying to seem uncaring but they have a candy scare every year i think...yeah just showed this to some parents in my class they went holy crap i bought those for my kids or for kids...and thus yeah cells phones were out and people were calling. it made me laugh sort of...

They may have a candy scare every year... but 50,000 children with melamine poisoning doesn't happen every year. Would you risk it?

Tom Starkiller
10-27-2008, 02:42 PM
I've made a post about this over at PAJedi, and posted your link Mcich, along with a link to this thread.

Man I'm so glad that we don't have Halloween.

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
This post was deleted with my head hung in shame...

DarthTratz
10-27-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't EVER react to rumors such as this, but in regards to my wife and son I would prefer to err on the side of caution. That being said, I'd appreciate it if they'd post some links to some type of documented proof to back all of this up.

Lord Preston
10-27-2008, 03:17 PM
What ever happened to just putting razor blades in popcorn balls and/or apples! Jeez, don't anybody ever go with the classics?:evil:

Dude, what the hell is your problem?! One of my best friends had that happen to him. He can't eat or talk right, and you dare joke about that? I'm speechless.

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Jedi-Loreen
10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
But you can do that without coming off like looking like an uncaring jerk. :roll:

Malaki Skywalker
10-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Problem? What problem? Not to disrespect your friend,but I'm making a concerted effort to turn to the dark side.:evil:

Its pretty sick that your even talking idiotically about something that COULD BE PRETTY SERIOUS!! What the h3ll is your problem?

Angelus Lupus
10-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Gotta agree with J-Lo and Malakai here. As somone once said, pretend evil=fun.
Razor blades in halloween treats? That is just sick, just imagining at what point he noticed the blade makes me shudder.

Tom Starkiller
10-27-2008, 04:28 PM
I second all the above comments on this page.

Dude, it's not funny and you clearly don't have much tact. After seeing that you upset someone with it, you continued to make a joke out of it.

You're just sick.

sekrogue1985
10-27-2008, 04:50 PM
They may have a candy scare every year... but 50,000 children with melamine poisoning doesn't happen every year. Would you risk it?

Nope! I didn't even know and what not but I get the message. I've linked it to some people that have that kind of influence and they are getting around in our neighborhoods and making sure people are not planning to give them out.

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
my bad. I didn't think he was serious. I meant no offense. I am verry sorry. I luv U guys! I'll try to control my dark impulses better from now on. Sorry, again.

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 06:04 PM
There, I deleted my insensitive comments with my head hung in shame...and humbly ask you forgiveness...:(

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 06:04 PM
We cool?:mrgreen:

Lord Preston
10-27-2008, 06:15 PM
We cool?:mrgreen:

I'll think about it.

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
So...Lord Preston, some one you know REALLY had that happen?!? That's terrible! I really did think it was just an urban legend! I saw on the Discovery Channel a special on Halloween and they said that there had never been any publicly-documented cases of the razor blade in the apple thing and that nearly all poison candy-related deaths of children were usually the result of domestic disputes or done by sick family members...There truly are some evil people in the world.:-(

Lord Preston
10-27-2008, 07:07 PM
I forgive you. After all, I am a Jedi. Well not so much. But yea, my friend had these carmel apples. So he was eating one, and he said that his apple tasted funny. So he continued eating. About 2 minuets into the apple. He started crying, so when he too the apple out of his mouth, we saw a razor blade in there. He started screaming, and his mom started crying. After that, he got rushed to the E.R. where they stiched his tounge back.

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Dude! That sucks! How old were you guys? When did it happen?

Angelus Lupus
10-27-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm not usually a vindictive person, but I hope that karma caught up with whoever did that.

Tom Starkiller
10-27-2008, 07:13 PM
OW!! F*CK THAT'S BAD!!

Why the hell would someone do that? Seriously people can be such ..... I need to invent a whole new word...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Preston, that really does suck.

Lord Preston
10-27-2008, 07:18 PM
Dude! That sucks! How old were you guys? When did it happen?

We were 5 years old, halloween night.

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Dude I don't think you could come up with a word that would be bad enough for some one who would do something like that to an other person. How anyone can mistreat women, children, or animals is beyond me.:-x (men's ok - You can just KICK the H*** out of them! and Cats-never liked cats:D) (just kidding about that cat thing, but you can still beat on the men.)

Lord Preston
10-27-2008, 07:22 PM
OW!! F*CK THAT'S BAD!!

Why the hell would someone do that? Seriously people can be such ..... I need to invent a whole new word...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Preston, that really does suck.

Thank you Tom. He is doing a lot better since the incident, but his tounge is deformed, and he has to be fed mashed foods.

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 07:22 PM
MAN! That's BAD! BAD, don't really do that justice!

Lord Preston
10-27-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm not usually a vindictive person, but I hope that karma caught up with whoever did that.

Sorry for my many posts, but I feel like I need to respond personally. The person who put the razor in the apple was caught, and has a life sentence in jail.

annon
10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
The razor thing is a bigger problem than most people realize. Lots of ERs and hospitals run a service were they will x ray Halloween candy for free. I highly recommend it.

samurai_rob
10-27-2008, 07:35 PM
My mom works in the xray dept. of the local hospital and they used to do that, but stopped because the new owners said it was a waste of film and was costing too much money. Gotta love evil corporations - money before kids!

LeMoel
10-28-2008, 05:15 AM
has canada pulled these products off the shelf? is it only USA that hasnt?

MaverickJsmith
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Wow, I haven't seen anything on the news about bad candy or a razor blade scare in years. I live in the US.

Then again, I haven't really watched TV in...well 3 years.

I do hope nothing bad happens to anybody.

Maverick 8)

GrimaOllak
10-29-2008, 01:05 PM
And people still wonder why cancer is on the rise? *sigh* Poisons and preservatives are in nearly everything that's manufactured. It's a sad fact, and one that will ultimately lead to many, many premature deaths.

Interesting, though, about the political implications of this. I'm not entirely convinced, but it sure would make a lot of sense in terms of our pharmaceutical and medical industries. It's pretty disgusting just how much money really makes this world go 'round.

ThreeQuadFive
10-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Won't X-Rays melt my chocolate? :D

Jedi-Loreen
10-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Heh heh, no, that's microwaves that'll do that. ;)

Darth_DevilGuy
10-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Dude, what the hell is your problem?! One of my best friends had that happen to him. He can't eat or talk right, and you dare joke about that? I'm speechless.

rob probably feels bad now, but it was a joke dude, cool it, the moment you get offended by jokes that don't honestly mean anything is the moment you lose touch.

Novastar
10-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Darth Devil... ok, so this would be my first "unofficial moderating"--let's NOT open up this can of worms again. Samurai Rob and Lord Preston are working it out now--LEAVE IT BE. Do not make Novastar angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. ;) :cool:

To get this thread back on track, I've told as many parents and friends as I can--some of which go "Enh? Huh. Haven't heard anything... meh" and that kind... whereas others take it quite a bit more seriously. I too remember some problems back when I was a kid. Many of my friends got sick this one year. I never heard anything about things more dire, but... maybe that was due to people taking PRECAUTIONS and being extra careful. You hear the horror stories when NOTHING is being done!

Any way you want to run with it--there is NO issue with erring on the side of caution. Especially when you consider it could be your life or a child's... an inconvenience or a serious health thing.

The point is simple: better safe than sorry.

And to me--there is nothing worse than a CHILD suffering from a MAN'S mistakes. It takes men and women to run a candy factory... and if for even one SECOND the president of that company thought that something bad was going on... it is not only their job, but their ethical duty to FIX THE PROBLEM. By any means, in any way.

I don't know all the details, but sometime back in the 80's or 90's, the president of the tylenol company had some scare, and he did not wait for the FDA to say anything, nor for anyone to do anything--he worked his position and did his job: and pulled every single bottle of the product off the shelves around the globe. Until they got to the bottom of everything.

It's too bad that this is *NOT* happening with these products. It's unethical, it's disgusting, it's careless... and it's even less acceptable when the product will mainly find its way into children's mouths / stomachs / blood, etc.

VeggieJedi
10-30-2008, 03:13 AM
i'm not a big fan of candy anyway but i always check the wrapper and if its come from a reputable source because of all the crap thats put into food these days and all the scares... be safe with your candy kids:cool:

...that razor blade thing has made me cringe...

kinchar bamin
10-30-2008, 07:07 AM
where did your friend get the apple? i found a tac in a tofee apple i was eatin, didnt get me though i noticed it and it was like 2 cm away from my mouth. got it at the store, someone obviously pushed it in as they were passing, cant imagine why. kinda wouldnt have minded if i bit into it, would have been able to sue the store :cool: still woulda sucked a bit

Lord Preston
10-30-2008, 11:11 AM
rob probably feels bad now, but it was a joke dude, cool it, the moment you get offended by jokes that don't honestly mean anything is the moment you lose touch.

If you would have read throught the comments, you would have found that we, as Nova has said, have became friends. I have no further comment.

Lord Preston
10-30-2008, 11:12 AM
where did your friend get the apple? i found a tac in a tofee apple i was eatin, didnt get me though i noticed it and it was like 2 cm away from my mouth. got it at the store, someone obviously pushed it in as they were passing, cant imagine why. kinda wouldnt have minded if i bit into it, would have been able to sue the store :cool: still woulda sucked a bit

We got it from some man's house while trick-or-treating. And speaking of that, I'm going even at the age of 15.

Novastar
10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
And all kids that want to go "treatin'" SHOULD go.

No one should ever "cave in" for fear of anything--but there is something VERY large to be said about preparation, forethought, and understanding what's in store when you do... well... most ANYthing in life.

Basically, if you understand your own actions (and most every possible consequence--"good" or "bad")... you should be good. As Bin Adam would say though: "God willing". :)

Lord Preston
10-30-2008, 02:08 PM
And all kids that want to go "treatin'" SHOULD go.

No one should ever "cave in" for fear of anything--but there is something VERY large to be said about preparation, forethought, and understanding what's in store when you do... well... most ANYthing in life.

Basically, if you understand your own actions (and most every possible consequence--"good" or "bad")... you should be good. As Bin Adam would say though: "God willing". :)

I agree 100% Nova.

Darth_DevilGuy
10-31-2008, 11:24 PM
If you would have read throught the comments, you would have found that we, as Nova has said, have became friends. I have no further comment.

I read through it but I had to say it, when you start making people feel bad for innocent gaffs like that you've taken the first step towards losing the first of many freedoms.

The current state of our society is disgustingly over sensitive, most people would rather be comfortable in a cell than fight for their rights, when I see people getting censured like that I can't keep my mouth shut, it may not make me popular but I might just snap some people out of it.

and I agree with nova as well, be careful, but don't cower, never cower.

swear000
11-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I read through it but I had to say it, when you start making people feel bad for innocent gaffs like that you've taken the first step towards losing the first of many freedoms.

The current state of our society is disgustingly over sensitive, most people would rather be comfortable in a cell than fight for their rights, when I see people getting censured like that I can't keep my mouth shut, it may not make me popular but I might just snap some people out of it.

You are 100% right. I have seen many instances in this dog eat eat dog world of people who gave in when they didn't need to just because someone had more rank or some other B.S. (I.E. Cops abusing their power). Needless to say, there are a lot of rich people in this world who do not deserve the wealth they have because they just got it by bullying other people. I just seek a better way and never want to stoop their level.

Lord Preston
11-03-2008, 02:42 PM

I had a right to be angry.

samurai_rob
11-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I really did think Preston was kidding. If I had known he was on the up & up, I would have never said anything to upset him. And as he said - I, too now count him as a friend. When I realized my tactless joke had been taken out of context, I said sorry and made it right. Preston and I spoke at length through PM and he realized that I was only kidding and we were cool - as did everyone else envolved. But I do thank you for coming to my defense.:)