PDA

View Full Version : blinking

Pirate King
03-20-2006, 09:50 PM
My hasbro blinks for power up and power down. is way I can fix this? some connection on the soundboard I can break, or bypass or something?

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Do-Clo
03-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Sorry guy but that is the way the Hasbro sound board is designed. If you want it not to flash then you will have to add a second switch and connect the led to the battery through a resistor instead of using the sound boardto drive the led. You would end up with a seperate switch for sound and for the led. (I kinda like the flash though)

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Pirate King
03-28-2006, 06:14 PM
So I'd use the 2-switch wiring shown in the schematics forum?

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Do-Clo
03-28-2006, 06:18 PM
How are you planing on powering your led?

Do-Clo

Pirate King
03-28-2006, 06:23 PM
4AAA (6v, non-rechargable)

Do-Clo
03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Are you using a resistor for the led or are you buying a led driver?

Do-Clo

Pirate King
03-28-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm just going to use a resistor. I may convert to a driver when I get more money, but my hobby budget is maxed out.

Do-Clo
03-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Ok then you will need to use a simple on off switch for the led and then use a monetary switch for the sound board. If you use Tim's switches you could mount the switches side by side in a row then if your thumb is big enough you would be able to press both switches at the same time. With a litle practice you should be able to get the power up sound in synch with the led coming on.

Do-Clo

Pirate King
03-28-2006, 07:15 PM
I've actually got an idea for combining the two switches. I think I can fashion a sort of slider-cover that would press both switches at the same time.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/martenthegreat/switchidea.jpg

edit: I know that looks small, can you tell what I'm getting at?

Do-Clo
03-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Not bad but you have to remember that the monetary contact switch for the sound board requires to be pressed and released. If you fashioned your bar to press down on both switches then use a spring under the bar to push it back it should work very good.

Do-Clo

Neymore
03-28-2006, 09:24 PM
thats a realy cool, hey that gives me an idea[:D]

this is neymore, formorley marty123

Pirate King
03-29-2006, 06:57 AM
It wouldn't hold it down, it's rounded on both sides so it would pass over it, just pressing it down for a second.

Do-Clo
03-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Sorry small picture + need new glases (lol)

Do-Clo

scaarmor
03-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Both momentary and good quality off/on switches (like the ones Tim sells here) will pop back up to the top position after being depressed. Meaning you could simply mount your two buttons side by side and just glue a "master button" (a simple piece of metal, platic, etc.-nicely fashioned so it looks good) over the two buttons. Then it would always be a syncronized on/off.

Cain

***A man is known by the enemies he carries, so make the best ones you can.***

***Give me a decent foothold and I will move the world.***

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Pirate King
03-29-2006, 03:00 PM
you would still have to press that right so both buttons would go down, otherwise you could get an effect similar to that of the old-school D-pad directional buttons on a video game controller. On my switch, a rounded thing would press down on both buttons at the same time as it passed.

suit_man
03-29-2006, 03:33 PM
if the switches are mounted close together, that wouldn't be a problem. i am going to use two switches when i mod my el saber (for the fifty billionth time lol) i am going to put them as close together as i can get them and then put a piece of steel across the tops. no hassle, just push the button and go.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

LAN-ED-TUL
03-29-2006, 10:12 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

Sorry small picture + need new glases (lol)

Do-Clo
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

old age pal, he he he, lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...