PDA

View Full Version : vader blade lenght ???

tobu
10-25-2008, 06:00 AM
sorry for my novice question.

Wich lenght of blade I have to buy for a vader 2007 conversion using the TCSS conversion kit to have the same lenght of the original MR saber?

thanks

Count Malik
10-25-2008, 11:15 AM
36" because it takes away 2" when in the saber. So all and all it will have a total length of 34" when in the saber. But it all depends on what feels comfortable to you.;) Thats my 2 cents:D

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Blade length is a very subjective thing that depends on a lot of factors.

Fighting style, hilt length, balance, your physical size, (if you're 5'3", you probably wouldn't want a 40" blade that will hit the ground when you spin it,) and so on.

For me, I'd say that the most important thing is balance. Hold the saber with one hand, where you would hold it to spin it. Adjust the blade length so that it is as close to evenly balanced as possible. Start with the 40" blade and cut off an inch at a time until you're happy with it. (Do this before you put the film in there.)

That's just my opinion. Others may disagree.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-25-2008, 12:52 PM
sorry for my novice question.

Wich lenght of blade I have to buy for a vader 2007 conversion using the TCSS conversion kit to have the same lenght of the original MR saber?

thanks

A 36" TCSS blade will give you a blade that is the same length as the original MR blade.:mrgreen:

tobu
10-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Thank you very much