PDA

View Full Version : You should all see this...

Novastar
10-24-2008, 03:58 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UXk4nLIv5jo

And I do indeed realize that there are indeed many from the U.K. that enjoy sabers and such, so I can see it being relevant to some of those who live there even moreso than little old me in Cali...

...but this kind of thing???!?!... I just CANNOT STAND FOR THAT.

As far as I can tell... it has NEVER been a crime to take a photo/video in public whilst on public property whilst also not causing a gigantic disturbance.

Remember... if you think these people were being "sensationalists" by trying to "goad" the authorities into ampping up the situation... oh no no no... these people were simply pointing a video camera. The disturbance began the instant the police/authorities began approaching the citizens.

It is also true that not ALL authorities are this under-educated about their own countries' (states/etc.) laws... only the few idiots depicted. But still. It's frightening that you could have an "authority" figure suddenly turn on you--possibly unbeknowst to that person (because they aren't educated/aware)... but what if it were something worse?

Scares me. Not a lot. But enough.

And why am I so surprised with idiots like Bush at the "top" of the U.S., lol. Idiots... idiots... everywhere. :)

VeggieJedi
10-24-2008, 05:53 AM
Good find Nova!
as a Brit that actually kind of shocks me that certain officers think they know the law and harrass the public about it.
Stand up for yourselves people, you know the law better!! :D

Tom Starkiller
10-24-2008, 05:54 AM
I saw this ages ago, if it ever happens to me, I'll just tell them where to go. There's no law against filming in public sectors.

VeggieJedi
10-24-2008, 06:04 AM
hehe, good on you dude! :D

Mcich
10-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Nova, you do know you have just convinced me to go take pictures all over the town I live in now don't you, lol!

but it is ridiculous what Britain is becoming, our police are bloody useless! they have the power hungry support officers, don't get me wrong some of them are really nice, like the woman who came to my job when some guy was accusing us of short changing him, (turns out this guy has a record as long as my right leg I have to add)

I am shocked at what has become of Britain now, it is really upsetting

Angelus Lupus
10-24-2008, 12:58 PM
I'd be tempted to wave my hand at them and say "These are not the trouble makers you are looking for, we can go about our business. Move along."
And if that didn't work I'd explain that it's not illegal.

Tom Starkiller
10-24-2008, 01:32 PM
And if they don't look Brittish, tell them to get the f*ck out of our country. I have nothing against immigrants, except that the government seems to be putting them first, and they're taking over the country.

Angelus Lupus
10-24-2008, 01:40 PM
And another thing, those 'Conmunity Support Officers' aren't even real police. They're just a way they government can fudge statistics by saying they've put X number of 'officers' on the beat.

Tom Starkiller
10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
It's so that they don't have to pay police as much. The "Community support" has no real power. The problem with the police is that they are too bogged down by paper work that the government makes them do. They can't just slap a guy in a cell anymore, they have to do a load of paper work for it, which means that they can't get on the street as much.

Lord Preston
10-24-2008, 02:59 PM
I'd just say "Go sip your tea and crumpets, lad", and continue filming.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Scares me. Not a lot. But enough.

And why am I so surprised with idiots like Bush at the "top" of the U.S., lol. Idiots... idiots... everywhere. :)

Its about to get a whole lot more idiotic in about 2 weeks unfortunately...:(

Tom Starkiller
10-24-2008, 03:05 PM

Yeah, we don't do that.

annon
10-24-2008, 05:06 PM
This is a problem in the old USA as well. A man was arrested in down town Charlotte NC (were I live) about 2 years ago.
What was his crime?
Filming buildings while not being white.
He was Spanish, which made him dark enough to look middle eastern, which in turn made him suspicious. :rolleyes:

Angelus Lupus
10-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Authority figures just don't like people that look suspicious. I remember being stopped by security at uni once, and all I was doing was walking along at past midnight wearing all black, a black hat and shades with my scarf pulled up. Yes it was cold and yes I probably looked like The Shadow. And the shades? well, my sleep patterns went kinda screwy for a while and I ended up nocturnal for about a month, barely saw the sun, but developed great night vision.

Lord Preston
10-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah, we don't do that.
:rolleyes:

VeggieJedi
10-25-2008, 12:21 PM

*sighs* the old British stereotypes again...:roll: although i do like tea and crumpets:p

Novastar
10-26-2008, 12:51 AM
This is a problem in the old USA as well. A man was arrested in down town Charlotte NC (were I live) about 2 years ago.
What was his crime?
Filming buildings while not being white.
He was Spanish, which made him dark enough to look middle eastern, which in turn made him suspicious. :rolleyes:This is exactly what I'm talking about.

A good friend of mine (although this isn't related to photographs)... well, he was in a store with his very young son. His son grabbed something off the shelves remarking "Daddy, I want!". My friend said: "Adrian, we don't do things like this. You cannot just take things, we have to buy them, and we aren't buying this." The child persisted and naturally (being like 5 years old) threw a tantrum and wouldn't let go of the item. My friend told his son, "Adrian... please put it back on the shelf--we're not leaving until you do." Adrian naturally screamed and cried and whined (like a young kid might do, not understanding uh... COMMERCE and BUYING/SELLING, etc., lol!!! Duh!!) My friend just simply waited, since... well... what else could you do to get the child to understand: whining = no result... --> quit whining = resolve things, continue on your way + I didn't really NEED that toy/item to live my life.

Long story short, my friend eventually got his son to do the right thing and leave the item behind...

PROBLEM... well, some older lady "saw" this altercation and alerted the store clerk to the noise and screaming and commotion. This clerk called the police, not knowing what happened, what to do, how to react, and was probably like 18 or 20 or whatever, flustered by an old lady looking upset about a "child screaming".

A cop stopped my friend as he was leaving:

COP: "Hi sir, I'm going to need to see your ID."
My FRIEND: (pause) "Uhm... Why?"
COP: "Sir, I just need to see some identification."
My FRIEND: "I don't need to do that. Is there some reason? Did I commit some crime you'd like to tell me about?"

Now here's the kicker:

COP: (pause) "Ok... we can do this the EASY way... or the HARD way."

He flucking actually SAID that. :confused: :roll:

Ok... so fast forward into the future? Want to know what happened? Well, my friend was ARRESTED. Over time, a complaint was filed, and my friend had to go to court over whether he was FIT TO SEE/RAISE HIS CHILD. His wife was devastated, and it was about as horrible as you can imagine. My friend was not allowed to see his child for several months (by "law", although he snuck visits)... and *BOTH* he and his wife were forced to PAY FOR AND TO ATTEND A MARRIAGE COUNSELING CLASS twice a week, without fail.

Ok. So we'll see if this curse word goes through, but you know what?

****THAT'S ****ING B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****

I'm dead serious, it pisses me off SO much I literally will punch the next person I see if I don't get 5 minutes alone right this minute. It makes my blood boil, it's a SHIPLOAD of FLUCK, and there is no good GODDDDDLAM REASON why something of that magnitude should have EVER happened.

There is more to the story, but... I just want those out there to know: be thankful, be appreciative, be gracious and MINDFUL of what you have... sometimes: it can be taken away without just cause, nature's will, nor disaster beyond your control...

...something wicked and horrible can happen if some old lady meddles into your business and has nothing better to do than to create a TV drama out of what is REAL LIFE.

****IT'S ****ING B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****

:( :( :(

VeggieJedi
10-26-2008, 02:37 AM
:eek:
damn, thats horrible and really unfortunate, damn those meddling old ladies:mad:!

Tom Starkiller
10-26-2008, 06:26 AM
Nova, that does suck!

Over here, parents daren't even smack there kids if they're misbehaving, due to fear that someone will tell the authorities and they'll get arrested for child abuse.

Seriously, the government really pisses me off. They're to uptight on regulations.

Lord Preston
10-26-2008, 07:37 AM
*sighs* the old British stereotypes again...:roll: although i do like tea and crumpets:p

Again, I was joking. Here's a face to prove it.:rolleyes: Seriously, it was a joke.

samurai_rob
10-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I fear it's gonna go this way in the states before too long. Patriot Act, anyone? Orwell hit it right - Big Brother is Watching...

samurai_rob
10-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Any day know, George is gonna devolve the Senate and declare himself Emperor of 'Merica! Mark my words! We need to start organizing our Rebel Alliance now, to get a jump! This will happen before January! I have FORESEEN it !:lol:

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Man, that's total BS!

You have to be so careful these days.

Where I work, there is only one washroom. For customers and staff alike. Five stalls, 2 each labeled MEN and LADIES, and one handicapped, but only one room for all. Whoever thought this was a good idea deserves several severe smacks to the head with a glowing polycarbonate tube, but that's what it is.

Whenever I go in there, I open the door a little, stick my head in, and look for feet under the stall doors. If there is anyone in there, I won't go in. I'll wait outside the door for them to come out. When I do go in, I lock the door so nobody can come in behind me.

People complain all the time that I hog the bathroom, and that there are five stalls, so why do I want the room all to myself. The thing is, that all it would take is someone trying to make a few bucks with a phony lawsuit to follow me in and say that I did something. With only my word against "the victim's", there's no way I could prove I was innocent. Even if it never got to court, the accusation itself would probably be enough to ruin my life.

So, I run the risk of annoying people who need to pee, but it's worth it to cover my butt.

Novastar
10-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Pretty smart Obi-Dar... besides... those who don't do it your way might find themselves a LOT more "annoyed" the day they get served... you know? :roll:

MaverickJsmith
10-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Wow the arrogance of some people, Jesus Hubert Christ. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Nova. He should sue, I swear.

...Oh wait he has a record now, he doesn't stand a chance. This is the kind of bull Nova is talking about with his friend. Once you're screwed, you are. Period.

I wrote a lovely rant one day a few months back about the state of this country, a few in fact. One of them pointing out the stupidity of the authorities. I've been told by a few people I make very good points.

I was born in 1983, and I've lived in this country my entire life so far. And I've watched it change for the worse over the years. Things that commen sense dictates is perfectly innocent and fine in the early nineties , no not in ANY specific time, is perfectly innocent PERIOD, is now enough to get you arrested and your life destroyed forever. I say forever because stigma is permanent now in this country, there's no redemption in the eyes of the public anymore.

People are stupid these days. Period. We can't do anything about it. And stupid people make more stupid people, and stupid police. We have to live with it because we live in this country.

I get the feeling when I finally manage to take a vacation in Japan I'll want to live there more than ever.

Maverick

Lord Preston
10-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Wow the arrogance of some people, Jesus Hubert Christ. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Nova. He should sue, I swear.

...Oh wait he has a record now, he doesn't stand a chance. This is the kind of bull Nova is talking about with his friend. Once you're screwed, you are. Period.

I wrote a lovely rant one day a few months back about the state of this country, a few in fact. One of them pointing out the stupidity of the authorities. I've been told by a few people I make very good points.

I was born in 1983, and I've lived in this country my entire life so far. And I've watched it change for the worse over the years. Things that commen sense dictates is perfectly innocent and fine in the early nineties , no not in ANY specific time, is perfectly innocent PERIOD, is now enough to get you arrested and your life destroyed forever. I say forever because stigma is permanent now in this country, there's no redemption in the eyes of the public anymore.

People are stupid these days. Period. We can't do anything about it. And stupid people make more stupid people, and stupid police. We have to live with it because we live in this country.

I get the feeling when I finally manage to take a vacation in Japan I'll want to live there more than ever.

Maverick

Or just take a boat, find an island thats been undiscoverd, and start life there.

MaverickJsmith
10-26-2008, 04:03 PM
And talk to a volley ball with a permanent marker face?

Maverick 8)

Lord Preston
10-26-2008, 04:07 PM
And talk to a volley ball with a permanent marker face?

Maverick 8)

Wilson! I'm sorry Wilson! Wasn't the movie called Castaway?

Novastar
10-27-2008, 03:03 AM
De-railed again.

Well, the original video in the first post is here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UXk4nLIv5jo

And all I'm saying to folks is... keep an eye out--whether you live in the U.S. or not. This is just the very very tiny 1cm tip of the gigantic monolith iceberg on things our governments and "authorities" will do even though TONS of can be totally illegal. Corporations often get "free passes" too when breaking laws... as the old saying goes:

"It's not cheating unless you get caught..."

Which I think is total BS... but... it's true to some extent--when people have 0 consequences for doing something outright illegal / inhuman / evil / wrong, etc. etc. take your pick.

MaverickJsmith
10-27-2008, 04:02 AM
True and true my friend. If people can get away with something, they will. If they know they can, they'll do it every time.

Maverick 8)