PDA

View Full Version : Basics with MR sound board

Matakin
10-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Im just a beginning to do solder MR boards to basic Luxeon III kit. Does anybody have a wiring diagram I can use to put together Luxeon III and MR sound boards? Just a basic. Nothing complicated.

FenderBender
10-23-2008, 07:02 AM
Um....not to be rude, but I didnt even have to use the search function to find the diagram/thread for this. There are several threads on the first page of this section that have diagrams, pictures, puppet shows, coloring activities etc................

Lord Dottore Matto
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Dude, my home boy, you are making us SoCals look lazy! PLEASE check the section called "cutaway views and wiring schematics" or just use the search function! Tim (Strydur) even did an official one (which is literally 16 posts below this one)!:rolleyes:

Matakin
10-23-2008, 03:29 PM
I didn't make myself sound clear. Is it possible to solder the sound boards to LEDs without using this.
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/mattkym/DSCN0151.jpg
It seems that this thread, it shows the diagram using Corbin board without using the parts I'm talking about.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=3976

Ghostbat
10-23-2008, 04:28 PM
If you are running the LED off of a driver board then the wiring harness can be safely tossed into your bits box and forgotten about. The MR board will be for sound only and the driver board will take care of the LED.

If you are running without a driver board (or buckpuck or resistor) you need that harness to get the power from the board to the LED. You could solder directly to the pins but that's silly when someone's already provided you with an easy connection.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-23-2008, 04:31 PM
If you don't have the harness, you can solder directly to the pins on the board. Is that what you are asking?

Matakin
10-23-2008, 06:20 PM
That should answer my question cause that for that piece I've mentioned, the wire is about to break off and it's hard to get it back on. So I' thinking of getting rid of that.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Good! Glad we got her sorted out!:p