PDA

View Full Version : Costume for 08' Halloween!!!!

Master Jedi Owen
10-19-2008, 08:33 PM
New here and I wanted to share with you all what i've been working on the past view months....

This is my new and improved jedi costume for '08!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/cs6a-zero/halloween/Picture022.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/cs6a-zero/halloween/Picture027.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/cs6a-zero/halloween/Picture012.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj156/cs6a-zero/halloween/Picture007.jpg

the materal( ill try to get a close up next time) i used gives it the weathered look that obi had in ROTS so it looks kinda wrinkled when you see it in person.

The belt is a new deal i picked up from Ultra Sabers and I have to say, I am very pleased with it. Since im a bigger set fellow, I had to add an extention to the belt(not shown) to make it from a 44' waist to a 46/47 waist.

Saber is a broken fx rotj luke saber I've had. I hollowed it out completely but left the battery pack in so i didnt have see through saber from top to bottom. I also tapped and driller a Covertec knob on it so I didnt have to worry about the d ring or it falling off.

Boots are pirate which i picked up at a local halloween store for $35 bucks( on sale from $44 lol) but they work and give the costume that extra push in detail.

Cloak is a lighter/thinner materal but due to the dark color, you can barely see through it! Also the materal is stretch based and is very durable.

thanks for looking and comments are also welcomed!

Kris

duncan29793
10-19-2008, 08:34 PM
very cool. did you go with the simple rectangle tabbard or did you do the Y cut? I am using a thicker vinyl and found the Y cut allowed it to form better. Next will be the cloth tabbards and I am not sure which way to go.

Master Jedi Owen
10-19-2008, 08:47 PM
very cool. did you go with the simple rectangle tabbard or did you do the Y cut? I am using a thicker vinyl and found the Y cut allowed it to form better. Next will be the cloth tabbards and I am not sure which way to go.

its the standard full tabard which goes under the sash front and back like qui gon jinn's does in ep1

duncan29793
10-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Sorry, I think my question got lost in typing. Is your tabbard cut in the shape of a 2 long straight rectangles that is draped over your shoulders or more curved rectangles, so when put on they look like a Y?

Master Jedi Owen
10-20-2008, 08:02 AM
they have a slight curve to them at the ends so yea like the y shape lol

sekrogue1985
10-20-2008, 08:37 AM
looking good. like how you got that nice V with your Tabbards.

Titoshi
10-20-2008, 01:51 PM
I like that your tabbards look stitched under the obi. It really drives me crazy when people spend so much time and effort and money on costumes, but they overlook a little detail like that and the tabbards are either crooked or
criss-crossed or on different sides of their body. I am not picking on anyone in-particular either, so please, don't anyone get upset. I just think it is a nice finishing touch. very nice work.

Master Jedi Owen
10-20-2008, 05:03 PM
looking good. like how you got that nice V with your Tabbards.

I like that your tabbards look stitched under the obi. It really drives me crazy when people spend so much time and effort and money on costumes, but they overlook a little detail like that and the tabbards are either crooked or
criss-crossed or on different sides of their body. I am not picking on anyone in-particular either, so please, don't anyone get upset. I just think it is a nice finishing touch. very nice work.

there is a trick i pulled to get them nice and straight all the way down is under the obi, I put a hook and eye on both front and back which holds them together.... call me a cheater but it works and looks nice!:D

DaJoQuim
10-20-2008, 05:06 PM
You have a great looking outfit master owen!!

Master Jedi Owen
10-20-2008, 05:10 PM
You have a great looking outfit master owen!!

thank you sir...took forever but it is now COMPLETE!!!! lol

Wolverine
10-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Looks good!

......For a Jedi http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

chase
10-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Looks great. The color fits you. My costume is almost the same color, darker pants though.

Also...I'm going to pick at it...not to be a jerk, mind you.

If you want PERFECT Jedi costume...the saber goes on the left hip. Its a form of being passive. How? I have no idea....

MoonDragn
10-21-2008, 08:06 AM
I went the cheater route, I brought one somebody else made. It looks almost like what you made, slightly different color but similar scheme.

sekrogue1985
10-21-2008, 08:16 AM
my mother in law made mine...seriously that hardest thing i ever had to do in my life... :P

Master Jedi Owen
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Looks great. The color fits you. My costume is almost the same color, darker pants though.

Also...I'm going to pick at it...not to be a jerk, mind you.

If you want PERFECT Jedi costume...the saber goes on the left hip. Its a form of being passive. How? I have no idea....

thanks....i was wondering which side i should do it....i only did the right side since im right handed and it makes it easier to grab off the clip

I went the cheater route, I brought one somebody else made. It looks almost like what you made, slightly different color but similar scheme. i thought about buying one for the longest time but making it myself was fun...this was the first thing i've ever sew'n together lol

my mother in law made mine...seriously that hardest thing i ever had to do in my life... :P

true dat, true dat

ArkaiHalon
10-21-2008, 11:17 AM
the saber goes on the left hip. Its a form of being passive. How? I have no idea....

By being cross draw, the saber is not as easily grabbed,thus creating a reminder that violence should be the last resort. It also keeps the saber visible when reaching to shake hands, which is done right handed.

Good looking costume Owen.

duncan29793
10-21-2008, 11:55 AM
as for why the saber is on the left, I have several thoughts. Lucas used samurai as inspiration for the jedi robes. Samurai wore their swords on the left to allow for a clean and smooth drawing of the weapons, and as a result followed their layout.

In terms of left being the side, this is true in some martial arts they claim the left side is the passive side. My only thought on that is that it could be that most people are right handed thus more apt to strike out with that side first.