PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while, but I have some news.

Firebird21
10-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey guys, those of you that remember me... It's been too long, but I've been extremely busy lately with my new teaching job, college, tripling the size of my house, rebuilding a 350hp 327 for the firebird and...

getting ready for our first kid! Due April 3rd.
:D

So how all y'all been lately?
What's new in the world of saberbuilding?

virus692
10-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Erv is V4 of toast... long time no see..

Firebird21
10-19-2008, 05:59 PM
V4?! Holy crap! What does that thing do? Brew beer too? http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_beer.gif

My V1 in my MHS Luke is acting up, I'm going to have to ask him about it.

virus692
10-19-2008, 06:02 PM
You Have a lot of reading Plus you missed grab bags .... I got one... MHS on the Cheap *drool*

Lord Maul
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
The 'bird is back! Elrond.406 is too...Who brought who? :confused:

Congrats on the baby. Madcow's having one too.

V4?! Holy crap! What does that thing do? Brew beer too? http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_beer.gif

:lol: not quite, unfortunately. Let see...6 sound fonts, iSaber, snitzload of new accent LED drive functions, you name it man.

virus692
10-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Congrats on the baby. Madcow's having one too.

Hope it is not contagious.

Jedi-Loreen
10-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Hope it is not contagious.

I don't know, maybe it is.

If you're married and not ready for a kid yet, better be extra careful. ;)

At least I know I won't be on that list.

Darth Morbius
10-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Firebird... Firebird...

"Now that is a name I have not seen in a Long Time.... A Long time..."

Lord Maul forgot to mention the "Toast Episode IV" is smaller in width, and has a tiny little Micro SD card in it. Lots of nifty high pads for LED accent lighting, and bakes great sith cookies! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Lots of nifty new MHS parts have come down the pipeline, and TCSS rocks even more than I remember it rocking.:cool:

Count Malik
10-19-2008, 07:39 PM
CF v4 selling out in like 5 min., Novastar's sound compodium CD, new mhs parts (LEDs to such as luxeon rebles, and 10w LEDs! LOL!) Ultra sound v2.0, new speaker mount.

Madcow
10-19-2008, 08:01 PM
No way!
We're due for our first padawan April 29th!

Congrats FB!
I forsee a whole new thread of baby pics ahead.

MC

Hasid Lafre
10-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Hay FB long time no chat!

eastern57
10-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Glad to meet you, Firebird21 - your reputation precedes you ;)

Congratulations on a fully operational saber.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Ditto what Eastern said! A working saber is of paramount importance! I always am glad to welcome a new dad into the "dad club"! :p

sekrogue1985
10-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Glad to meet you, Firebird21 - your reputation precedes you ;)

Congratulations on a fully operational saber.

congrats and utter lolness to this quote fully operational saber lol can't help it just too funny

MaverickJsmith
10-20-2008, 09:26 AM
This lightsaber is now armed and fully Operational. *pulls off belt*

Hacking at will! *whoosh wooooosh wooshwoosh*

Bwahahaha!

I couldn't resist :D

Maverick 8)

And by the way yes, welcome back firebird. You have missed much.

Firebird21
10-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Wow... you guys are something else. lol

Glad to meet you new guys, don't worry, what every reputation I have I'm sure I've earned it.

What I'm rather supprised to see is that, after almost a year, I'm still in the top 8 posters. What is up with you guys? I thought I'd be bumped out of the top ten at least by now...

If I had the free time I had back then I'd show you guys a thing or to about post counts! Muahahaha!!!.....

eastern57
10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
We've been trying to designate a new official post-whore... but the really new guys seem to think we're scolding them... :rolleyes:

oh well... :)

Lord Maul
10-20-2008, 08:03 PM
The top 10 hasn't changed very much in a while. The big posters have a 800 post lead, it's hard to make up ground :mrgreen:

The derailment squad needs to be brought back to life. I know Nightwing still reads the boards. So does Virus. Who else was in it...James and a few others I think :-?

Do-Clo
10-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey Firebird

Good to hear from you and congads on your first little one. You had better dust off the plans and start building another train. :mrgreen:
Don't make me send a squad of storm troopers to your house to motivate you.

Glad to meet you new guys, don't worry, what every reputation I have I'm sure I've earned it.

What I'm rather supprised to see is that, after almost a year, I'm still in the top 8 posters. What is up with you guys? I thought I'd be bumped out of the top ten at least by now...

If I had the free time I had back then I'd show you guys a thing or to about post counts! Muahahaha!!!.....

Lord Dottore Matto
10-20-2008, 10:00 PM

Don't worry I'll catch ya after I finish my next 30 sabers. That'll happen some time...next month! Muuuuuahahahahahahahaha!:lol:

987654321a
10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
WB Bud!

It was getting kinda lonely here without you.

Firebird21
10-21-2008, 03:22 AM
The train is coming back in the spring. He's "too old" for thomas anymore. I was figguring on this so I get it back, do some maintnence on it and keep it for myself.

Maybe I'll let my kid use it too...

Novastar
10-21-2008, 02:33 PM
WB Firebird... I'd be glad to help troubleshoot your CF... and hey--there's a Sound Font CD out now that I created. Check it out here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXqVDgz3woQ

In addition to that, I've got like a ga-jillon more vids out there, many of which are on making basic sabers and also a totally "complete" CF wiring guide:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KR9r_lGYGoQ

So, enjoy... have a smile on your face from watching 'em... and good luck with the newborn!! woo-hoooo!

Firebird21
10-21-2008, 06:51 PM
The problem I'm haveing with my CFv1 is that everything seems to work fine but the LED is very dim. It happened all of a sudden last halloween and I haven't had the time to fix it. I disassembled it and found no broken wires or solder joints and I made sure the battery was fully charged, (that was my first thought).

I have not looked any further into it than that. It may still be something stupid, but so far all things are pointing to the board...

Lord Maul
10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
That's weird. Maybe the LED is dying... Then again are LEDs like light bulbs? The time between working and dead is virtually nothing.

Hasid Lafre
10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Test another led I agree with.

eastern57
10-21-2008, 07:43 PM
The problem I'm haveing with my CFv1 is that everything seems to work fine but the LED is very dim. It happened all of a sudden last halloween and I haven't had the time to fix it. I disassembled it and found no broken wires or solder joints and I made sure the battery was fully charged, (that was my first thought).

I have not looked any further into it than that. It may still be something stupid, but so far all things are pointing to the board...

Ordinarily, when the battery starts losing juice, the sound will start to get scratchy before you notice the LED dim. Not your problem, just fyi.

But... it almost sounds like the current settings spontaneously dropped. Not to say it's common or even feasible - but with rough use (frequent setting changes, not rebooting board or card, bad file loads) some of the earlier versions have been known to partially erase some of the firmware coding... which creates problems ranging from the CF not recognizing sound files to sporadic LED behavior to complete inoperablity. Any of that apply?

Once Novastar reads the new posts, he'll be able to offer more/different perspective...

:)

SaberGirl
10-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Sounds like you have been VERY busy! =) Congratulations on the little bundle!

Firebird21
10-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the tips guys.

Thank you SaberGirl, how's your youngling doing these days? It appears Tim is doing well...

Novastar
10-22-2008, 06:50 PM
The problem I'm haveing with my CFv1 is that everything seems to work fine but the LED is very dim. It happened all of a sudden last halloween and I haven't had the time to fix it. I disassembled it and found no broken wires or solder joints and I made sure the battery was fully charged, (that was my first thought).Agreed that you should try a different LED... this kind of thing has happened to me in the past, but only from MR conversions I did. This one Amber LED was getting kinda "blinky" on me, and it had nothing to do with the wiring/soldering. Faulty LED and/or it got damaged by my install/the optics(???)

It's true though that if the coil is damaged or grounding against something, it might be a problem too. I would take it all apart and test it without being in the hilt... then another LED. If the problem is still there, you might have a close look at the copper coil. After that... hmm, might be time to check in with Erv and have him see about the cost of an upgrade... plus, you could get 16-bit sounds and my CD, heheh! :)

SaberGirl
10-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the tips guys.

Thank you SaberGirl, how's your youngling doing these days? It appears Tim is doing well...

All is well with the younglings. little one is growing way too fast. Make sure you enjoy the quiet while it lasts LOL :)

Firebird21
03-01-2009, 03:43 PM
So...

Everything is still going well. We finally moved into the house, and are 5 weeks from the due date. However, she's so big (in the stomach) that I don't think she's going to make it that long!

I have a few ultrasound videos, but they're on my phone. I'll try to get them posted but I can't promise anyting. Give me a few min...

Lord Maul
03-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Glad to see you back Firebird.

Ultrasound in the signature, nice touch. Fix that index link though :p

Firebird21
03-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Look a little closer at that ultrasound LM...

This one was 2 weeks ago...
Ultra Sound Linky (www.yankeetoys.org/lee/ultrasound1.3g2)

It's straight off my phone, so let me know if anyone has problems playing it. I belive it requires Quick Time.

Lord Maul
03-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Ahahahaha that's funny stuff.

VLC plays that video fine.