PDA

View Full Version : Extra power wires on Hasbro board?

sithlordfaust
10-18-2008, 05:06 AM
what do you do with the 2 extra cutoff power wires on the force action hasbro sound boards? can I cut em off or are they necessary for anything? and is there anything to be done about that motion sensor? sometimes it just loops.
i bought one the other day to use and my son got a hold of it, so i had to slap some aa's in it and give it to him.
i wasnt too happy with it though.id have thought the sound quality on those would have improved in the 10 or so years since i bought one last. but the motion sound kept looping. and was a bit anoyying. but i dont wanna go soundless and i dont wanna cut up my 616.

Donnovan Sunrider
10-18-2008, 07:15 AM
The secondary power switch wires can be just trimmed close and left alone. All you need is the one momentary switch.

As for the swing noise, I think that's part of the board. I can turn on mine and it will just sit on the table and will have the occasional swing noise until it powers itself off on timer.
If by looping you're getting a swing noise repeated endlessly, I'd double check the wires to make sure that the sensor isn't shorted making the board think that it's being constantly triggered.