PDA

View Full Version : L.E.D. Differences

Jedi_Klown
10-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I couldn't find any other thread like this so i made my own...

Is there any differneces between... the Luxeon III Star,Luxeon K2 Star, and the Luxeon V Star.. Is there any brighness difference.. and what is the quality of them in order..

Hasid Lafre
10-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Again jesus christ!

xwingband
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/resistor.aspx

That is available via the front page of the store this forum is attached to.

eastern57
10-15-2008, 06:07 PM
again jesus christ!

lmfao!!!

FenderBender
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
I used to think that some of the responses for these posts were kinda harsh, but now that Ive been here almost everyday........

I feel Im slipping to the dark side........

Jedi-Loreen
10-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Think about how some of us who have been here for years feel!

Some of these newbies who don't know how to read the forums and look for their own answers can definitely drive you to the Dark Side. :rolleyes:

Or maybe just drive you to drink. :p

*hic*

Novastar
10-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm going to be completely honest here, and as hard as it may be to believe... I READ THE ENTIRE (and I mean ENTIRE) "LED Blade Q&A's" thread that Ultra founded (way back in the day) from theforce.net prior to ever posting a single question.

It's way more now, but back then--it was STILL *PAGES* of information. I did this for two reasons--one, not to waste people's time and two, because I was putting together Balance of Power.

Joe (Corbin Das) can probably attest to the fact that I still had some newbie questions, but... I really did do my homework, and was GRATEFUL that dozens had offered their time, knowledge and critical thinking to past problems that I didn't need to "re-ask".

What am I saying? I'm saying simply: If you are reading this... PLEASE. PLEASE, please, please do *ALL* saber-makers, saber-geeks, and saber-freaks a favor and just read a little bit FIRST... prior to asking questions. I understand that some forums and threads out there are just blabber-this / blabber-that... but the TCSS one (and the way the TF.N one used to be) are not!

It's not to say any question is bad, but... if we want to grow the thread and community--the questions need to be less repetitive and more... "building upon the last".... if you get my drift.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-16-2008, 01:30 AM
Well said Nova! I read these forums for two months before I ever posted. I built my first 14 sabers before I ever posted, and even now I always spend some time actually searching more than ONCE before I ask a question! Many others have done the same and more! I realllllllllllly am happy to help anyone in any way that I can (as are those far more experienced than I)! You know how I know as much as I do? I didn't try to reinvent the wheel, I read what the other very smart people here had figured out already! EVERYONE here is supportive except for in ONE circumstance. It is obvious when someone has NOT READ! Man don't keep getting flamed, just spend a few minutes each time that you come here and read on something that interests you and you will become a valued member of the community which is what, I believe, everyone wants! I've seen people get flamed way worse than you (hasid is losing it!) take everyone's advice and then, when you post you will get constructive, supportive responses (and hasid won't remember how mad he actually is)!

"you can do it!":p

VeggieJedi
10-16-2008, 05:03 AM
i'm a saber newbie and even I found that information before i even signed up to this place!

swear000
10-16-2008, 05:18 AM
I know some people are busy but at the very least, they should start here:

The Custom Saber Shop Forums > Start here > New to the saber scene? Start Here

Tom Starkiller
10-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Again jesus christ!

Yes, what can I do for you?

You know... I have a very vague feeling that I've seen this kind of thread somewhere. Anyone else get that? :P

Lord Dottore Matto
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes, what can I do for you?

You know... I have a very vague feeling that I've seen this kind of thread somewhere. Anyone else get that? :P

Unfortunately, I have been getting that feeling too frequently lately...:sad:

Lord Maul
10-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Here's a friendly tip. Read the Thread Index. The link is even in my sig. I'd bet my left testicle that there is at least one thread that talks about LEDs in there.