PDA

View Full Version : No more duelings:(

kinchar bamin
10-15-2008, 01:43 PM
broke my arm, dammit how am i gonna solder my saber now? well atleast i dont have to o writing at school.

Phiily Manyaan
10-15-2008, 02:10 PM
There is ALWAYS an upside. School sucks hurrendously.

valeon
10-15-2008, 02:55 PM
How the heck did you break your arm man?

Lord Preston
10-15-2008, 02:56 PM
I know a way you can solder. Use your other hand, or stick the soldering iron in your mouth, and solder away.;) Of course, you an also have some do it for you, with you watching of course. And hope you feel better with that arm. You may get some rest at home, but the homework, I can not say. But again, get better.

Novastar
10-15-2008, 04:10 PM
I know he was joking, but... I'm going to have to say "negatory" on the whole soldering iron in the mouth kinda thing... :confused:

I would say do as much online research and reading and study as possible. Watch my staged combat tutorial if you have the NSCFCD... or go online and watch some videos on martial techniques, etc.

There are loads of things to do now as a young person when you're "physically down"... whereas when *I* was a kid, there was no online resources to be had... but I enjoyed books like LOTR.... and games like Ultima IV and V just the same! :)

Jedi-Loreen
10-15-2008, 04:12 PM
How the heck did you break your arm man?

He's a guy. He was probably doing something stupid. :rolleyes:

I know I was doing something stupid when I broke my thumb. :p

I think I'm probably lucky that I never broke anything more major than a digit (I've had broken toes, too), I guess I'm just not as daring as a lot of guys are, and don't do things that are as dangerous.

Angelus Lupus
10-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm not daring either, and I've never broken any bones, even when I got hit by a car as a kid.

Novastar
10-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I've been hit by cars TWICE while on a bicycle... didn't break anything then, but ran after those ARSE-WIPES like mad. That was back in the day.

I broke my collar bone, fractured a rib (back in the day)... recently fractured my spine (C3), and prior to that... messed up my right PCL (my knee). I also severely sliced my middle finger open to where it probably needed stitches, but... I rode out the healing/scar/lump process on my own, lol.

Still... all that is SMALLTIME. You think THESE are injuries? Hah. Look at Jackie Chan. DANG. ;) :confused: :confused: :confused: :o

Lord Dottore Matto
10-16-2008, 01:54 AM
School does not suck, it is a vehicle for your future success in life my youngling friend. Remember what Mr. T said "Hey Fool, stay in school, eat your greens and don't use no drugs...fool!":mrgreen:

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Sorry to hear about you broken arm. It sucks, but it will heal. Take the time to do lots of reading.

I hated every minute that I was in school, and pretty much coasted all the way through.

Now I wish I had the chance to do it all over again. I'd be in a much better position today if I had taken advantage of the opportunity when I had it. I'm trying to educate myself now, as much as I can, but it's not the same.

MaverickJsmith
10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your arm. What everyone says is right, when you're sick or injured. You have lots of extra time. Read a book, watch some movies (like LOTR), hang out with your friends.

There's no reason to stop studying either. I'm taking Japanese and in our first semester there was a girl who was in and out of class because of Illness and she just kept doing the homework and studying. If someone can do that with Japanese, you should be fine man :wink:

Maverick 8)

annon
10-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Maverick-san
nihongo o hanase-mass ka?

Count Malik
10-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Sorry about that arm.:(;) I remember when I was sick (last year) and it was... it just sucked! A whole 2 weeks missed from my 8th grade year. Any how I gotta say I like/love high school but elementry school was boaring... middle school was better 6th med. hard 7th easy 8th very hard 9th fun and easy! So hey without school you wouldn't learn valued things such as math which can sometimes always suck and be hard but without it how will you be able to count how much saber parts cost and how to figure out your battery voltages and lumens, ect... It could be alot worse!:confused::p Heal fast! Too! LOL!

acerocket
10-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I tore the ball off the end of my femur when I was 13. A nice hospital saty/operation and then 3 months off from school. I still had to do the schoolwork and they set me up with a home schooling advisor who brought me homework from all my teachers. When I went back to school finally, I was over 1 month ahead. So I got to spend a month playing doing nothing while the rest of the class caught up to me. I must have read 30 books during that time.

Count Malik
10-16-2008, 07:48 PM
It is always nice to be ahead... until insanity kicks in! LOL!

MaverickJsmith
10-16-2008, 08:12 PM
はい、アンオンさん。 日本語をしています。

Maverick 8)

Translation: Yes annon. I know Japanese.

tinfoilhelmet
10-16-2008, 10:40 PM
continue dueling with yer other arm

kinchar bamin
10-17-2008, 12:16 AM
the thing is i still have to go to school, i write with my laptop. i broke it by swinging on a bar, trying to do a jedi sorta thingy, and i let go, did a backflip and landed pretty hard on my right hand. ouch ! pretty stupid eh?

MaverickJsmith
10-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh dear, sounds nasty @_@

Maverick @_@

chase
10-21-2008, 07:33 AM
You can always learn to do things with your opposite arm. Learn to duel and spin and once your other arm gets back to normal, you will have an advantage for when someone cuts it off in a battle. :D