PDA

View Full Version : Parks Sabers Phase blades

CADD16
10-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Parks Sabers now has some phase blades up on their website, has anybody seen these or know how they compare to the lux led sabers we use

Malaki Skywalker
10-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Parks Sabers now has some phase blades up on their website, has anybody seen these or know how they compare to the lux led sabers we use

They compare pretty well next to a Lux III, but still no brighter...

CADD16
10-15-2008, 09:05 AM
By the way I'm new to posting so hello everybody, but I've reading in the forum for over a year now. I haven't really needed to ask any questions because I seem to always find what I looking for, with all the knowledge here. Also I'm working on my second saber. This hobby is sure addicting.

Malaki Skywalker
10-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the forum! It sure is a h3ll of an addiction :p

swear000
10-15-2008, 11:22 AM
on a couple of those phasesabers it looks like he figured out how to do the Starkiller handgrip. He put them high instead of low but it still looks like the right way to do it.

eastern57
10-15-2008, 06:15 PM
I've reading in the forum for over a year now. I haven't really needed to ask any questions because I seem to always find what I looking for, with all the knowledge here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up3TIPoVh-M&feature=related

----------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm done :D I have one, it's not brighter, but it's even and it scrolls. It uses 3mm LEDs and the circuitry is in the blade itself. You can PM me if you have more questions about it.

:)

Zero Unit
10-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Finally they make the move to LED. However, they don't look very duelable and this may be, in fact, a step down in terms of duelability. Still, they are designed more for display than dueling, and this is a marked improvement in that respect. I'm just sad that they discontinued the Defiance...that one was my favourite. :(

Malaki Skywalker
10-19-2008, 11:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up3TIPoVh-M&feature=related

----------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm done :D I have one, it's not brighter, but it's even and it scrolls. It uses 3mm LEDs and the circuitry is in the blade itself. You can PM me if you have more questions about it.

:)

I has a question! Video please :p

eastern57
10-20-2008, 12:14 AM
I has a question! Video please :p

Sorry, no vid for this one.

chone66
10-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi there, I am a fan of Parks designs and craftsmanship. I now own 5 of the new Phase blade sabers. Other than the detailed hilts and the elegant 3/4 blades, the Phase blades are much like the MR light scrolls having 96 leds throughout tube. Brightest color is BLUE.... Red is red..... Green disappoints me for it is NOT as bright as it should, still new to Parks... adjustments may improve this. NO sounds... very limited of internal space to none. Most new hilt designs are being made much thinner/smaller closer to like 1:1 ratio. Cool!!!!! Blue is the best!! Take care everyone.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi there, I am a fan of Parks designs and craftsmanship. I now own 5 of the new Phase blade sabers. Other than the detailed hilts and the elegant 3/4 blades, the Phase blades are much like the MR light scrolls having 96 leds throughout tube. Brightest color is BLUE.... Red is red..... Green disappoints me for it is NOT as bright as it should, still new to Parks... adjustments may improve this. NO sounds... very limited of internal space to none. Most new hilt designs are being made much thinner/smaller closer to like 1:1 ratio. Cool!!!!! Blue is the best!! Take care everyone.

WOW, 5 huh? You act quickly!;)

djobitwan7
01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Parks Phase Sabers look real nice. Especially since they have the "EPP (Darth Vader)", "MKIII (Obi Wan's Episode III saber) & the "Graflex (Luke Skywalker Ep 4 saber). All are probably closer to the actual size as well.

What I'd really like to know is.....can we get sound into these things too? There LED type blades seem the same as their EL blades, but brighter. Just not brighter than the LED's used here at the shop. Comparible I'm sure though.

Would I get one of these old ones? Sure, for the price is right. $450 for all 3. Not bad considering you can pick any color you want. Only one color though, but so do we here, unless you use the filters for the White LED blades. I cannot get anything like that anywhere else and no one here has them available for many customers, so I would seriously buy them if i had money to blow. They also seem to have an option for making a saber for you if you are willing to pay a hefty price, but since I have neither any tools for making my own design & have limited electronics experience, I just might take them up if I had money to go around (which I do not).

So, I'll shut up now and hopefully hear from anyone that has put any type of sound into one of these bad boys. If anything, converting seems to be a way to make some money, LOL.

On another separate note. Has anyone heard when some Crystal focus boards will be sold again? I signed at Plecter Labs, but I never hear when they go on sale. I want one badly for my B-day coming up in April. Always hoping I guess. See ya guys.

Count Malik
01-05-2009, 02:17 PM
It is possible... People have converted parks el type sabers to luxeon type sabers and added mr, ultrasound, and CF to them.:cool: So I would say it is possible to convert these phase blades and add sound to them... But also note that it isn't gunna be easy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsY6z0GnHI0 not my video but it something. x-wing converted a Obi-Wan-Kenobi TPM lightsaber from parksabers too. his video is on youtube too. I would say its possible but in there hilts space is the issue, and thats the hard part!;) also I think there are some post on these forums and the fx-saber forums too. So you might wanna look around because there hidden deep within... Hope this helps.

Lord Maul
01-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Parks Phase sabers are impossible to convert. They are WAY thinner than their old EL sabers. No room whatsoever for a luxeon.