PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies anyone?

Mazarill Slay
10-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Anyone play Star Wars Galaxies or use to?

I started playing back when Jump to Lightspeed launched, but only played for two months then.. Came back around 05 played for another month, then started back in 06 and have been playing since :P

My characters are

Mazarill Slay lvl 90 Commando
Rhoven Slay lvl 30 Medic
Neteu Slay lvl 90 Entertainer/Beastmaster
Rowic Slay lvl 90 Structures Trader

The server I play on is Bloodfin :)

MoonDragn
10-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I played SWG a long long long long time ago in a galaxy... ok it was on earth, but it was a long time ago.

I started out in beta, and the game was enjoyable, but then they started changing the rules around and made what used to be a huge effort to become a Jedi something meaningless. I don't like the new level system and they totally messed with the game so I've never been back.

When I used to play I had a master Armorsmith/commando and a Master creature handler/smuggler.

LordBane21
10-15-2008, 09:07 AM
I played when jedi were meaningless. I hated it. Star Wars MMO arent the best. I am hoping the KOTOR MMO will redeem SWG. If So i will play that. :)

Ghostbat
10-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I played for years on Sunrunner as a Wookie droid engineer called WriWiWeeWoo (boy did that cut down on random spam IMs!). I played up through Jump to Lightspeed until they drastically altered the system to where it wasn't even the same kind of game anymore. I put all my belongings up for auction for almost nothing, logged off, and uninstalled.

I followed a lot of the other expatriots over to second life where was an amazing SW rp community. I worked my way up in a Dark Jedi academy for a half a year, then lead it for the remainder until that community fell apart in a mess of exclusive groups and competing combat systems.

Now I just chase my cat with a lightsaber and cal it good.

MoonDragn
10-15-2008, 09:26 AM
I played for years on Sunrunner as a Wookie droid engineer called WriWiWeeWoo (boy did that cut down on random spam IMs!). I played up through Jump to Lightspeed until they drastically altered the system to where it wasn't even the same kind of game anymore. I put all my belongings up for auction for almost nothing, logged off, and uninstalled.

I followed a lot of the other expatriots over to second life where was an amazing SW rp community. I worked my way up in a Dark Jedi academy for a half a year, then lead it for the remainder until that community fell apart in a mess of exclusive groups and competing combat systems.

Hey! I was on Sunrunner as well. My characters were named Korin and Koryn MoonDragn. They were Alliance chars and I was in a guild called Phoenix Rising. Was in another guild before that but can't remember the name.

Mazarill Slay
10-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Lol yeah it was epic back in the day and I miss it..

Ic you wanted to you could always join the EMU server

www.swgemu.com

Its free you just need to get a copy os swg installed and the EMU launchpad enhanced takes it and modifies it to the old SWG :)

They have almost every profession done but jedi and they are considering not even putting jedi in since Jedi killed the game :/

Back in the day I was a Pistoleer Scout :D

Lord Preston
10-15-2008, 03:05 PM
I used to. Back when NGE were doing their own things. I used to be a Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies. I played on the Bloodfin server, had many friends, ships, weapons, and armor. Then NGE decided to mash their ugly faces in the game. At first, I realy did not care when it became a class-based game. It made things a bit easier for me and my brother Taylor. Then we checked out the citys, and let me tell you it was a ghost town. Barely anyone on to the point of being creepy. So I quit. As of right now (15 years old) I vow never to play that game until I move out of the house, (we can't afford X-box live or Galaxies anymore), so I will just stick with building lightsabers, YouTube, TCSS, and my social life and school. But When they release the new KOTOR, I will be surely getting that, and maybe if LucasArts fixes the old Galaxies, I might consider buying it again. Just maybe.

VeggieJedi
10-16-2008, 05:11 AM

that sounds familiar :lol:

Mazarill Slay
10-16-2008, 08:07 AM
I used to. Back when NGE were doing their own things. I used to be a Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies. I played on the Bloodfin server, had many friends, ships, weapons, and armor. Then NGE decided to mash their ugly faces in the game. At first, I realy did not care when it became a class-based game. It made things a bit easier for me and my brother Taylor. Then we checked out the citys, and let me tell you it was a ghost town. Barely anyone on to the point of being creepy. So I quit. As of right now (15 years old) I vow never to play that game until I move out of the house, (we can't afford X-box live or Galaxies anymore), so I will just stick with building lightsabers, YouTube, TCSS, and my social life and school. But When they release the new KOTOR, I will be surely getting that, and maybe if LucasArts fixes the old Galaxies, I might consider buying it again. Just maybe.

A lot of people left when NGE launched.. tbh I wasn't paying much attention till I logged onto my pistoleer showing I was lvl 50 and was asked what proffession i wanted :/

So I deleted her and decided to start from scratch lol

orakaa
10-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Ahh... I started SWG just before NGE so I didn't really know how the game really was. I played on Kauri server.

I had to leave, and when I came back, NGE was there. I deciced to try the "jedi" way, and tried to keep a low profile, not trying to act "I'm a jedi noob, gonna pwn u".
Tried to mostly use "civil clothes", solo missions on the ground... and in fact I mostly got involved in a pilot carrier. Ahhh, damn, those were the days !!!

The guild I joined was some kind of freelancer guild, offering their services to many, with some reasonable fees.
We had a very skilled engineer, and many good pilots. We used to gather in a briefing room, talk about the mission... and then, we flew in space with 2 x-wing, an YT 1300 with 4 guys on board (2 turrets, a pilot and an engineer regulating shields, engines, power generators, etc.)

With "only this", we went and destroyed so many Star Destroyers... this was epic !!!

Mazarill Slay
10-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Lol wanna know whats more epic

my pilot friend solo's the star destroyer

Barmic Rin
10-17-2008, 08:26 AM
RIP SWG.

Was on bloodfin wth afew friends & family, but switched off the final time once my monthsof work to become force sensitive were wiped out in the NGE & me & my uncle were soloing Ancient Krayts as level 56 combat medics!!!!

Please Bioware, don't make KOTORMMO into SWG V2. You have such a good track record thus far!

orakaa
10-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Very nice indeed.

But what I really liked about that is the teamplay, the REAL starwars experience, acting as a coordinated squadron... Hmmm
I hope they'll implement space carriers in the KOTOR MMORPG

Barmic Rin
10-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Ah, the days of hunting for Bols on Dantooine in decent groups, not having all the noobs run off to theed to watch the thousands of jedi duel each other in the main square...

Memories of a fonder time....

kevykev707
10-26-2008, 09:30 PM
I used to play it. Started off as a TKM/Rifleman, then unlocked the Jedi slot (did 3 profs with holocrons, and did the rest at the village) grinded, and I do mean grinded my way to Lightsaber Master/Master Defender. Switched factions (with the help of some friends) to Imperial, did the quests for the jedi starfighter, switched back to Rebel and a few weeks later, NGE came out and I quit.

Shame too, I had my 4th gen saber filled with flawless perfect tuned krayt pearls and the Sunrider crystal. :(

Vecna
10-27-2008, 07:59 AM
I used to play SWG on the Intrepid Server. I played Pre-CU and NGE. My toons were
Xtasy - MPistoleer/MBounty Hunter (pre CU)
Nothing - MSwordsman/MDoc (pre CU)
Darant - CL90 Spy
Rin-Ri - CL90 Jedi

I loved SWG, it was an awsome game, and then the NGE came along, and well it was different but not too bad. I dont play anymore tho, no-one I know plays anymore so not much point re-subbing.

TheKid
10-29-2008, 07:11 AM
out of curiosity what was the NGE...i started playin a year ago and i dont know what it is....from what you guys say its the best thing...so what exactly did i miss lol

Vecna
10-29-2008, 07:18 AM
out of curiosity what was the NGE...i started playin a year ago and i dont know what it is....from what you guys say its the best thing...so what exactly did i miss lol

well there are 3 eras of SWG so far. They are Pre CU, CU and NGE.
Pre CU - original game with 32 unique proffessions, no levels for characters so you could pick and choose professions providing you have the available experiance and skill points.
CU aka Combat Upgrade - basically exactly as before, but with a revised combat system.
NGE aka New Game Experiance - this is where it all changed. 9 Classes and level based system from 1 - 90.

and thats about it

TheKid
10-29-2008, 07:25 AM
so in other words it went from fun...to complicated....well it took me 9months to get to lvl 90 :P then again...i had zero help im in a guild now that gets lvl 5s to lvl 90 in a course of 2-3 weeks O.o'.....

Vecna
10-29-2008, 07:28 AM
so in other words it went from fun...to complicated....well it took me 9months to get to lvl 90 :P then again...i had zero help im in a guild now that gets lvl 5s to lvl 90 in a course of 2-3 weeks O.o'.....

Nah it went from awsome to good. They dumbed it down a hell of alot with the NGE (basically turned it into starwars wow)

TheKid
10-29-2008, 08:31 AM
hmmm i guess that makes more sense :) i would have loved to be all the awesome professions back then...now im stuck with just Officer