PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with sound & Effect combo

Funkenstein
10-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I just ordered up everything to make a sink pipe saber for my son for his birthday. I was planning on a possible future upgrade for sound and effects and tonight found a decent deal for a Jedi Joe set on ebay and was wondering would I get the clash effect,flickers power up down efffect and everything as well? or just the sound?

Lord Dottore Matto
10-11-2008, 12:42 AM
If you use it to drive your LED, you will get all of those things to a certain extent. Most of us use a LED driver along with a 616 soundboard to get a bright saber and all of the sounds including the clash.

here is a link to the best wiring diagram for this type of setup:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=4252

Good luck!

Funkenstein
10-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Thanks for that but maybe(hopefully) I am wrong but if I were to get a Crystal focus board dont I get everything in one board? If that is not the case then I guess it could be money well spent otherwise it's about a push with a few dollars either way. Adding the Jedi Joe sound and an additional driver board is roughly the same as a Crystal Focus and I think the Crystal Focus is better for sound effects from what I hear.

Novastar
10-11-2008, 01:08 AM
The Joe Jedi 616 vs. using a Crystal Focus is not even CLOSE to the same thing.

That being said, if you just want the basics with sound--a Force FX board (i.e. Joe jedi 616) is fine.

If you want the premium deal--Crystal Focus all the way. Granted, it's a DIY thing that you need some skill to work on Erv's brilliant electronics... if ya feel me.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-11-2008, 01:30 AM
The Joe Jedi 616 vs. using a Crystal Focus is not even CLOSE to the same thing.

That being said, if you just want the basics with sound--a Force FX board (i.e. Joe jedi 616) is fine.

If you want the premium deal--Crystal Focus all the way. Granted, it's a DIY thing that you need some skill to work on Erv's brilliant electronics... if ya feel me.

Well said, my friend! Are you and I almost the same as Hondurans after all?:rolleyes:

Novastar
10-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Well said, my friend! Are you and I almost the same as Hondurans after all?:rolleyes:What?!?!? :shock: