PDA

View Full Version : How do I convert a master replica scaled model

DARTHMONKEY1706
03-19-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm trying to conver count dooku light saber how?

xwingband
03-19-2006, 03:24 PM
There not big enough for much of anything but EL MIGHT be possible. I don't think an inverter would fit, at least the one from here. If you could buy one elsewhere it'd be a matter of milling/drilling a hole in the top.

Now if you had a Dooku LE that would certainly be big enough, but after paying that much I'd feel horrible cutting into it. If you haven't noticed the conversions we deal with are FX's not the scaled minis.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

james3
03-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Are you talking about a Hasbro? I agree with xwing those minis would be darn near impossible and ya wouldn't want to hack up a high end hilt.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

987654321a
03-19-2006, 06:36 PM
wow thats way too hard, unless if u get an led flashlight in it or somthin. scaled replicas are way too hard!.

The Dark Side will kill you
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com
http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/598a8186b2.gif

gsterley
03-19-2006, 09:44 PM
i was gonna drill out the center of my .45 vader and put in a laser pointer in for giggles. anyone ever done this??

WeirdoTransvestite
03-20-2006, 09:37 AM
That's probably all you can do with those little guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
HK-47: Extrapolation: 98% probability the miniature organic's [Jawa] tribe has been captured by the sand people and he wants us to mount a rescue. Revan: What about the other 2%? HK-47: Explanation: 2% probability that the miniature organic meatbag is just looking for trouble and wants us to blast him, although this may just be wishful thinking on my part, master. -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/WeirdoTransvestite/starwars.gif

Nightwing
03-20-2006, 10:03 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gsterley

i was gonna drill out the center of my .45 vader and put in a laser pointer in for giggles. anyone ever done this??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That actually sounds really cool!

mike-jon-sims
03-20-2006, 11:15 PM
I had a very similar idea to make a small saber. I made a 5 inch hilt on a lathe, hollowed it out, and put a small radio shack led in the emitter with a hollowed out red plastic blade over that. My little experiment was successful so i figure if you can find a way to hollow it out enough it could be posible. However, i dont think it would be worth the time and effort to make the modifications needed. Plus theres the chance the whole thing gets screwed up and then youve got something that looks nothing like the saber you started with.

gsterley
03-21-2006, 06:31 PM
true, its a risk, but im not really attatched to mine. it was free w/ my master replica. besides what else am i gonna do with my time.

GeluKhanGharr
03-21-2006, 07:21 PM
not easy, but you could turn a scaled handle into a working saber, but my question is why? It would be too small even for a child's hand

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg

gsterley
03-21-2006, 08:43 PM
mike-jon was gonna turn it into a working one, i was thinkin of turnin mine into a laser pointer. but i guess the answer i would give would be why not, either idea could be fun.

mike-jon-sims
03-21-2006, 09:02 PM
well if youve got the time and your not attched to it , id say go for it. play around, tincker with it. sometimes its more fun to dive right in not knowing what your gonna end up with.[:)]

LAN-ED-TUL
03-23-2006, 04:38 PM
i agree, if its not that important and valuable to you, then why not do some tinkerin and make it function. you can use small switches to turn it on. and goin el with it would be the best solution. the inverter and batt. pack would be the only real obstacles i see. the blade can be worked out with a jack, or since its size is small anyways, i would make a permanent mounted blade. just use a size relationship formula to resize what the length would be for blade on that size hilt. its what i did with a green acrylic blade i put in my yoda saber. its actual size hilt, and figuring the size of it to blade length, i came up with around 24 inches for blade. unfortuantely, a 9 volt wont fit in hilt and neither will the inverter, so makin a el setup in it actual size was a bit hard to do.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

suit_man
04-19-2006, 08:44 PM
i have thought about doing a tiny el saber for my robosapien. i would use an inverter like i bought when i first got started a year ago, it was only about an inch and 1/4" thisk, but it would only power 3-7 feet, which would be fine for a mini saber.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber