PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions

Jhadious Aran
10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
hey all, not really sure where to post this thread so i figured i would post it here. i need some "outside" opinions on a comparison. to my eye's my lux5 looks the same brightness as my MR luke anh saber, however it could very well just be me as my eye's may see it different due to some eye problems i have. so i figured i would ask you all to have a look and tell me what you think. there is the major flare on the lux5 and my camera kinda sucks for recording video so try and suffer through it lol. but here's the link and i appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GkG8_SvX4I

swear000
10-09-2008, 03:47 AM
is it just polypropylene in the blade or TCSS blade film + polypropylene? Your eyes probably see the same wavelength of blue light from both sabers.

Ghostbat
10-09-2008, 08:48 AM
There are a lot of X-factors here including the limitations of video, and how the human eyes see blue light, but from personal experience my Annakin MR had a very similar apparent brightness pre and post conversion to Luxeon.

Jhadious Aran
10-09-2008, 03:06 PM
is it just polypropylene in the blade or TCSS blade film + polypropylene? Your eyes probably see the same wavelength of blue light from both sabers.

it's the tcss film + poly. yeah i was figuring it was the spectrum of blue to the eyes. since you can only go so far "light wise" with a blue whereas greens and yellows and reds have a much wider variation. but thank you all for looking :)

Sairon
10-09-2008, 03:14 PM
you need a vid with both sabers one at the same time so we can tell which one is better. plus you should change your camera settings a bit so it doesn't have so much color wash. from my experinces I have seen a lux 5 vs a obi mr saber and the lux 5 blew it away, it looked like the mr saber was almost of, like it was very low battery.

Phiily Manyaan
10-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Your Lux 5, while looked the same at the blade on video, was casting much more glow onto your shirt. As with any real-life technology, there are limitations, especially when its one tiny LED. I wouldn't sweat it, it looked really cool.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Even on this vid, the lux 5 looks brighter. How are you driving the 5? That makes a difference.:?:

eastern57
10-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Your Lux 5, while looked the same at the blade on video, was casting much more glow onto your shirt....

my observation as well.

-----------------------

Jihad, try this: place them both on the floor, starting about two feet apart, parallel. Take a picture and look at the halo around the blades. If the halos blend, move them further apart - maybe 3 to 4 feet, and try again. Know what I mean?

The camera is better at picking up that halo, AND better at pickin up blue. My guess is that you'll be surprised how much brighter the luxV actually is. :)

EDIT: this is what I mean -- even though the green blade looks brighter - look at the halo around the blue. See?

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/eastern57/Misc/DSC03940.jpg