PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Rechargeable batterys (what I need)?

Darth Sorn
10-05-2008, 03:40 AM
Hey guys :)

I need a little help in what I need to order in the way of rechargeable batteries, I've worked out that Tellason is way too much trouble to keep taking apart just to change the batteries so I decided to put a Rechargeable battery pack in it instead. However looking on the forum about what I need to order has kind of confused me, so here is what I've worked out so far;
For a luxeon 3 Red/orange with the ultrasound V2

2.4V-7.2V Nimh Smart charger

4.8V AA 2600mAh NIMH Rechargeable battery pack or 4.8V AAA 1000mAh NIMH Rechargeable battery pack (not sure what one I need to get?)

2.1mm Power Jack

2.1mm plug adapter for smart charger (I think?)

that how far I've got atm but I'm really not sure if it's right or if I’m missing anything, so can someone please help me :confused:
Thx

eastern57
10-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Looks good. The thing with rechargeable battery packs are: it depends on how much space you have in your hilt. That saber looked plenty long, but how much space do you have on the inside? Something think about. Tim has the "will fit/will not fit" in the product description. Obviously, the 2600mah will give you longer run times. but people usually down grade to the 1000mah for space purposes.

I would get a couple of these:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/21mm-Power-plug-P253.aspx
they're a little cheaper, and you can solder it directly to the end of the charger cable... and you can use one to make a cool kill-key ;)

and seriously, dude - spell check ;)

Darth Sorn
10-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Cool thx and soz about me english

loki1251
02-09-2009, 12:50 AM
i have a lux v and a crystal focus 4.0 what is the best way to power it

i was thinking of some kind of rechargable battery pack

Lord Dottore Matto
02-09-2009, 01:13 PM
i have a lux v and a crystal focus 4.0 what is the best way to power it

i was thinking of some kind of rechargable battery pack

Why on earth did you buy a CF if you don't even know the answer to this VERY simple question?

loki1251
02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
because i work 4 days a week and have alot of time on my hands

but dont know alot about saber making and you learn by asking questions

Novastar
02-09-2009, 09:04 PM
7.2v Li-Ion at the bare minimum...

9.6v Ni-Mh would be better.

The 7.2v Li-Ion solution would take less space and cost a bit more... and the 9.6v Ni-Mh solution would take possibly more space, but cost less.

Additionally, you'd need the proper charger, so just make certain you get the appropriate one for the cell types you get.

Jedi-Loreen
02-09-2009, 09:40 PM
because i work 4 days a week and have alot of time on my hands

but dont know alot about saber making and you learn by asking questions

Before you ask questions, you should learn by READING. If you have lots of time on your hands, then you have time to do that. Hooking up and using a Crystal Focus board is not something you should just rush into.

Do lots of reading. Most of the questions you may have will likely have been answered here already. Often multiple times.

And also try the Search function.

Matt Thorn
02-12-2009, 02:40 AM
I'm more interested in how someone who doesn't "know a lot about saber making" got his or her hands on a Crystal Focus to begin with. :shock:

Seriously, welcome to the TCSS forums, loki, and to Rule Number One: Search before you ask. Both of the questions you've posted so far have been tossed into threads like this one that are only tangentially relevant. You also haven't provided enough context for us to answer your questions properly. Your question would have been better placed in the "LED Questions & Answers (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)" forum. And here, as everywhere, "please" and "thank you" go a long way. Take a look at Cobra121212's question here (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?p=121169#post121169). This is pretty much the ideal format for a newbie question. It's polite and friendly, placed in the right forum, and provides all the info needed for helpful responses.

I'm still pretty much a n00b myself, and when I post questions (after exhausting the search function), I always end my posts with "Thanks in advance for any help." ;)

Anyway, good luck with that Crystal Focus, and please: treat it like a Fabergé egg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faberg%C3%A9_egg)! They are hard to come by and all but impossible to replace, though Erv might fix a damaged one for a fee. :p

MasterRoop
02-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Before you ask questions, you should learn by READING. If you have lots of time on your hands, then you have time to do that. Hooking up and using a Crystal Focus board is not something you should just rush into.

Do lots of reading. Most of the questions you may have will likely have been answered here already. Often multiple times.

And also try the Search function.

Lol! you like everyone reading dont you Je-Lo? LOL! JK! :D

loki1251
02-12-2009, 07:46 AM
as for the question as to to were i got a crystal focus i found first one ebay i found my second and third one on craiglist im trying to talk down the price for a forth

Matt Thorn
02-12-2009, 07:58 AM
as for the question as to to were i got a crystal focus i found first one ebay i found my second and third one on craiglist im trying to talk down the price for a forth

:shock: I'm at a loss for words. You're new to saber building. What do you plan to do with all of those!? I'm afraid to ask how much you paid for them.

Lord Dottore Matto
02-12-2009, 11:37 AM

Really????? That is like not knowing how to put the key into the ignition of a car, or even knowing that there is a key, then running out and buying 4 Ferrari's! Slow down man! Build a basic saber or two. Actually go through the process of wiring one up. I am not implying that wiring a CF is beyond you, but unless you solder PCBs for a living, or are an electronics genius, it would be an expensive way to learn the ins and outs of saber sound, especially if you make even a small error!

xwingband
02-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm curious that a CF was posted on craigslist?!?! That sounds more like a new age voodoo thing you might find than the lightsaber sound board, lol.

I mean I know Jim is VeRO'ing the eBay auctions, but who in the world would think a local sale would be better than on a lightsaber or star wars board?

Anavrin
02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm curious that a CF was posted on craigslist?!?! That sounds more like a new age voodoo thing you might find than the lightsaber sound board, lol.

I mean I know Jim is VeRO'ing the eBay auctions, but who in the world would think a local sale would be better than on a lightsaber or star wars board?

You'd be AMAZED the stuff I've found and sold on craigs list.