PDA

View Full Version : Preview of the new project...Thoughts???

Lord Dottore Matto
10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Just as the title suggests, I'm looking for input. any is helpful I am feeling a little creativity block after seeing that 10W saber! (no room inside for fancy electronics so must be a stunt saber):confused:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/Black%20Chrome%20Talon/100_3461.jpg

swear000
10-02-2008, 11:04 PM
I like it in all honesty. If you really have no room for accent LEDs, then I don't see much that needs to be changed. It actually gives me some inspiration for a $4.00 spray nozzle I found at wallwart. I am going to try modding it into a Dooku style very similar to yours. So, thanks for posting the pic!

You might think about moving the claw on the top and pointing it outward (it will give a hole for an accent LED). EL wire may be something that looks nice.

Count Malik
10-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Still nice tho!:)

MoonDragn
10-03-2008, 06:29 AM
I don't see any reason to change that saber. It is unique in its own way. Fancy isn't always good. If a saber is too busy it detracts from it's usefulness. Especially if it is a stunt saber, all those accents gets in the way on your grip.

That monster of a 10W saber was just amazing but you shouldn't feel you have to match it. It is great because it was all planned out from scratch so everything would fit. If you want to do something like that you should probably start from scratch.

If you really must change this though I could see some accents with paint in certain places to bring out the distinctive parts of the saber.

Kinda like the Luke ROTJ has that copper color near the end.

I like it in all honesty. If you really have no room for accent LEDs, then I don't see much that needs to be changed. It actually gives me some inspiration for a $4.00 spray nozzle I found at wallwart. I am going to try modding it into a Dooku style very similar to yours. So, thanks for posting the pic!

I made a joke somewhere else about using a vacuum cleaner hose... I remember the old vacuum our family used to have, that had aluminum nozzles and was bent at the handle. Well, I finally found an exact one that I remembered and its gonna be my Dooku project.

The only problem is it only has about 1.1" diameter in certain places but the tip is flared out just enough to take a 1.25" sink tube blade holder. It also has a rectangular cutout thats perfect to bolt a switch plate to. The rest will be to figure out how to fit stuff in there. Probably too small for a sound board unless I can find a small enough one.

Got some other nifty ideas for this saber, but you guys will have to wait and see.

Now I just have to figure out how to recharge the batteries on my digital camera so I can take pictures again.

ArkaiHalon
10-03-2008, 06:41 AM
change nothing. That's a great looking saber.

MoonDragn
10-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Heres an example of a curved saber someone else made that I found. Dunno who but it looks unique too. Its got the red down at the bottom that makes it interesting looking.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb98/rpetkau/Curved%20Hilt/IMG_1333.jpg

ArkaiHalon
10-03-2008, 06:48 AM
I believe that's Mad Cow's work. Awesome work at that too

annon
10-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't think you need to change anything. Maybe you should just give it some weathering. You know, make it look like it's seen some action.

Donnovan Sunrider
10-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm in agreement with the others. It doesn't need more fancy stuff, it's a great looking weapon. A little accent paint or weathering would be all I'd say, and even that is optional in my opinion.
You may be able to fit a Hasbro soundboard in there, but I don't know if I'd inflict that on such a pretty sabre.

Lord Dottore Matto
10-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks everyone, the input has been awesome. The example saber is definitely Mad cow's I saw it on his site before. A little back story. this saber has been my nemesis for a few months, some of you may remember the "ring or no ring" saber that I posted? well, this is one and the same saber. I have never been able to come up with something that I am satisfied with. I think that I need to just finish it and let it go to the great saber graveyard in the etherverse (eBay). I really feel as though I NEED to move on and am planning on starting work on a very special project soon (the details of which I shall not divulge. If the person that I am helping with it wants to show it at a later time then he/she can) Once again, I really do appreciate all of you taking the time to help me with this project (twice!)

Hasid Lafre
10-04-2008, 04:31 AM
YEs this is madcows saber, he made that a long time ago thought.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb98/rpetkau/Curved%20Hilt/IMG_1333.jpg

Sairon
10-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Lord Matto I think you should extend the saber. to me it looks to short

Jedi Ranger
10-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I believe that's Mad Cow's work.

That it is!