PDA

View Full Version : opinion on the ICS m203

goldsaberwarrior
10-01-2008, 07:44 PM
My team finaly has enough people to play some hardcore games now. I'm looking into an ICS m203 for my m4. Any opinions on this 203 or any others I may want to consider would be cool.

Hasid Lafre
10-02-2008, 12:56 AM
We do have an airsoft topic.

But teh general consencious is ICS is a pritty damn good company all around for anything armalite. Hell there split gearboxes make things way easyer.

SWAT Strachan
10-02-2008, 02:55 PM
It's a very good M203. The main action is metal but the tube is still ABS plastic, which is good as it won't scrape your shells when you load them. The safety works fine (except on mine, I dropped it http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/images/icons/icon11.gif), and it'll attach to any gun with an under-barrel RIS rail.

However, if you're going to put it on an M4 You'll need to mount it a couple of slots further forward than you'd think, you'll find that if you do mount it as far back as you can (almost touching the magwell), the delta ring will stop it mounting straight, and the barrel will be off by about 5°. Nothing major, but something to keep an eye on. If you want it for a SCAR though, you're better off getting the Star EGLM.

Hasid Lafre
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
The scars that come with a 203 are pure ***!

SWAT Strachan
10-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Oh one other thing, if your M4 has rails mounted on to the original plastic hand grips you can forget about mounting an M203 to it. The sheer size and weight of a 203 will pop the grip off of the gun as quick as anything. It is highly recommended that you upgrade your M4 with a full RIS system, not a cheap add-on rail. G&P do some very good RIS kits, I should know, I have two :mrgreen:.

goldsaberwarrior
10-03-2008, 09:25 PM
My m4 has a full integrated RIS. It's an A&K m4. It'll work I'm pretty sure. I just needed to know what some people thought about it.