PDA

View Full Version : Another soundboard question...

chocolate pain
09-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Ok heres the deal... I have a vagabond hilt from ultrasabers and it "is not sound capable" but anything is possible... i've researched why it can't have sound and the only theory i have right now is that their is a "Micropuck Driver" that will not take the soundboard... plz correct me if any of my information is wrong, but i think it means there is not enough power in my "AA battery pack" to power a soundboard... if i am correct does anybody have ideas on how i could make more power for one or point me in the direction i need to go. Thanx ^^

Jay-gon Jinn
09-30-2008, 05:51 PM
you do know there is a whole forum devoted to nothing but sound for a saber?
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25

To answer your question though, the Vagabond just doesn't have much room in the hilt for anything else besides the battery pack, the switch, and the resistor (yes, you read that right, it uses a resistor). Add to that the led module and the blade holder and there just isn't space inside the hilt for a sound board, so it's not a question of battery power or a micro puck not being able to handle a board. I happen to know a micro puck will handle the output from an MR board and a Hasbro just fine. FYI, the micro puck is also best suited for driving a Lux I led at 350ma, not a Lux III like the Vagabond uses.

Kal El Rah
10-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Hi Guys,

As I look at this Saber I can see how to add sound, 1st take off the stupid Cane plug and add an extension piece of Black PVC the length needed for a soundboard+speaker,2nd get a US 2.0 for sound and well the rest is take out all the junk and wire it up like a normal DIY saber kit. It may look longer, but hey most sabers being built here are an average of 12" long anyway.

Remember You get what you pay for; a quote from when I worked at a Speed Shop; "How fast do you want to go, How much money you got to spend".