PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with lens

Darth Threkk
09-30-2008, 11:49 AM
I know this keeps coming up but i really can't find the answer.

I can not get the lens holder and the actual lens to fit together. I am really lost now it will not stay flush with lens holder so my blade holder will not screw on all the way.

I have been trying all the things i could find on this site. I have been looking for some help for 2 days.

annon
09-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Is the lens holder siting in the LED star correctly?

Novastar
09-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I have had this problem as well in the past... I *THINK* it may come from when certain optic lenses get "mixed" with the wrong holders.

In other words, if a HOLDER is for "Lux III"... it may NOT necessarily be workable with a LENS for a "Lux K2".

The problem is: the bloody lenses look nearly IDENTICAL. Chaps my hide. Manufacturers, die, die, die. :)

LAN-ED-TUL
10-01-2008, 02:15 AM
yeah i had a prob once with a 5degree lens not fitin in the L3 holder, i got a 10 degree lens and it fit perfectly. i think Nova's right, they look so similar its sometimes hard to tell till you try and puttem together.

Darth Threkk
10-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Ya i have the 5 deg lens with the correct holder for the L3. Damn well then look like i have to wait a little more to get complete my first saber. I want it to be done!!!! I have the rest of the stuff together. But this could fix my problem.

Thank you everyone.

I hope to have my first saber completed soon thanks to you.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
10-01-2008, 04:33 PM
This was discussed elsewhere recently. The lens is just a hair too thick to snap into the little tabs. I had luck filing the edge of the lens down a little. Sometimes there is a little excess plastic under the tabs you can trim out too. If all else fails, you can cut the tabs right off and use a little hot glue or 5 minute epoxy to glue the lens in. Whatever you do, don't use Crazy glue on it. It will fog up the lens.

Jouster
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
I know this is a little old, but:

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/4198/dscn1262resizedwe4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You can just make two vertical notches on each side of the lens holder, as you can see above, right next to the plastic "arms" that hold the lens in place.
These notches allow the holder's arms to expand in diameter, which allows the larger diameter 5 degree lens to fit properly.

Jedi-Loreen
10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Ah, very slick. I'll have to remember that, if anyone I know decides to do a 3/4" blade. :)

Lord Dottore Matto
10-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Jouster, nice idea and great pix!