PDA

View Full Version : After planning I have decided

Mazarill Slay
09-29-2008, 08:00 AM
After much reading on these boards I have chosen my final design.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/maxamis148/Saber3copy.jpg
I won't do sound right off the bat though I hope to later.
It will be a Luxeon III red LED, I wanted to do powder coating of a flat black on the main hilt and blade holder, but the sink tube sleeve would not fit if it was powder coated, and the hilt I don't currently have the money for powder coating and will probably send it in later..

Or I might keep the metal look and substitute the rings with O-Rings as the design shows.

Anywho I am pleased with my first design and I will be ordering parts this weekend after I get my paycheck :P

Also I chose a guarded button and the machined clip.

Sairon
09-29-2008, 04:05 PM
you could still get it powder coated, you just would need to tell Tim that you want to powder coat your saber but also want to put sinktube overlay on top of the powder coat, so that he could machine it down small enough for that to work.

swear000
09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
ummm...awesome!!

Mazarill Slay
09-30-2008, 08:09 AM
That is a good idea Sairon..

I didn't know he did that :P

Sairon
09-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Actually I just thought of it because Jay-gon had to get mhs parts machined down so that a bigger gauge sinktube could fit over. So I thought why couldn't tim do the same for pc so that sink tubes could go over top:)

just make sure you contact him about that.

Vecna
10-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Looks nice that, I would deffinatly recommend sound tho, I wasnt going to bother with it to start with, but changed my mind in the end

Mazarill Slay
10-01-2008, 11:22 AM
i cannot afford sound, that will come later though i am sure