PDA

View Full Version : Meanigs Behind the colors.

LordBane21
09-28-2008, 08:53 PM
I am lookign for the meaning behind the color that are put into a light saber. I saw some where that each color has its own meaning. And I am looking for the meaning behind each color. If anyone knows them please post.

Nightwing
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
There really isn't one, though the Knights of the Old Republic game semi-stated that Green was linked to the Jedi Consular class, yellow was for Jedi Sentinels, and Blue was for Jedi Guardians.

Roughly, that means:
Blue = lightsaber/physical attack mastery
Green = Master force power user
Yellow = Neutral

However, these classes don't exist anywhere other than KOTOR, and it's been shown in many cases since that Jedi often simply picked their favorite color.
Blue and Green are by far the most common colors for jedi, with Purple being exclusive to Mace Windu. Red, of course, is exclusive to Sith.
Outside of the films, however, any jedi can have any color, from silver to yellow. Red, however, is only very rarely used for a light-side charcater.

LordBane21
09-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Ah I found it.

I think its cool. But i will let u all decide.

Blue=Associated with Depth and Stability. Its symbolizes trust, wisdom, confidence, and truth.

Orange=Reresents energy and enthusiam. It also symbolizes strenght and endurance. People with orange lightsabers are curiouse about life, and the world around them. fascination catches them at every turn, and they are creative enough to understand life's potential.

Green=It's the color of nature. It symbolizes, growth, and harmony. Green has strong emotional correspondence with saftey. It also is commonly associated with wealth and happiness, so someone with a green lightsaber is a fortunate soul.

Purple=Is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, and mystery. It denotes high spirituality and religiuos aspiration. it represents Peac and Purification. Also has a sense of intuitive understanding and a feeling of intimacy with the world.

Yellow=the color of honor and loyalty. It symbolizes caution and forbodong in either direction of the blade, meaning that the owner is relativly cautious...but also to be cautious of them. Since yellow stand for Honor as well as Cowerdice, One should always think before attacking somone with the yellow saber.

Red=Is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strenght, power, and determination as well as passion and desire. You have seen the strenght and power of the dark side and u have an un-quenchable thirst for more.

Barmic Rin
09-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Leia had a red saber for a while.

It's unconfirmed the rumour that luke's Dark empire saber he built under the emperor was a deep orange. I guess there's always an exception to the rule....

Darth_DevilGuy
09-29-2008, 01:34 PM
well according to EU info from Wookiepedia, ancient jedi used blades of every hue, however began to shun the use of red sabers after the schism which led to the founding of the sith.

up until the new sith wars they continued to use many different focusing crystals and thus ended up with many different blade colors. The new sith wars ended with the battle of Russan which led to the Russan reformation where the jedi took on the role that they played up until the clone wars, at this time they began to standardize the crystals they used, while there was no prohibition against the use of non standard crystals, it seems that most jedi used blue or green crystals from illum.

Barmic Rin
09-29-2008, 01:42 PM
If anyone asks, i'll use that explanation for my nieces pink one, DDGuy. LOL!!!

Angelus Lupus
09-29-2008, 01:46 PM
I know this explanation of colours isn't official, but I like the meanings. Yellow seems to fit, which is odd, because I'd never have thought I'd end up going for a yellow blade.

Barmic Rin
09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I thought you were going green... Show's how long i've been waiting for you to finish yours! LOL!! Lup, we'll sort that meet soon, promise!!!

I like the explanations, though it doesn't take into account Silver, White, Cyan or shades of colours.
I wanna see the explanation for the near black-blue Aleema Rar has besides "makes you want to go abit nutty & talk to giant bugs whilst preaching a twisted 'universal balance' logic".

Angelus Lupus
09-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I thought you were going green...

You saying I'm going mouldy? :D
Seriously though, Ithought I was going green when I first started. I think I'm going to have to have more than one saber so I have the choice. I might save the yellow for the mostly MHS personal design I'm cooking up.

Barmic Rin
09-29-2008, 02:00 PM
PM sent in 2 min.

Mazarill Slay
09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
LOL!! my first saber was Orange :P

I do myself distracted by fasinating things...

Titoshi
09-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Sith always used red sabers because they created their own crystals(synthetic crystals) as part of their light saber trial/test. In order to create the red crystal they would have to be present in a blast furnace with the chemicals required to create it to control the molecular bonds and actual crystalline structure. It would usually take about a week of hanging out in a 1300 degree room with out food , water, all of that stuff. But the crystals (2 at a time usually) should come out with all the facets lining up perfectly, eliminating the need to cut them like with a jedi saber. That is why It is such a big deal when a fallen jedi actually creates a sith saber, because it is a huge pain in the ass.

Barmic Rin
09-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm sure there was an old republic sith that had natural reds.. I'll have a look & see....

Mazarill Slay
09-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Sith always used red sabers because they created their own crystals(synthetic crystals) as part of their light saber trial/test. In order to create the red crystal they would have to be present in a blast furnace with the chemicals required to create it to control the molecular bonds and actual crystalline structure. It would usually take about a week of hanging out in a 1300 degree room with out food , water, all of that stuff. But the crystals (2 at a time usually) should come out with all the facets lining up perfectly, eliminating the need to cut them like with a jedi saber. That is why It is such a big deal when a fallen jedi actually creates a sith saber, because it is a huge pain in the ass.

Thank you for that info I had no idea!!

joshrock
09-29-2008, 02:48 PM
in KOTOR 2 there was a powerful Red crystal that was restricted to Darkside use it was called a Qixoni Crystal and it was found on a planet just before its sun went supernova according To Visas Marr. also in the Path of destruction book Bane was given a lightsaber that was red and later replaced the crystal with a Synthetic because it was more powerful... so I;m assuming that was natural too

Darth_DevilGuy
09-29-2008, 03:04 PM
I wanna see the explanation for the near black-blue Aleema Rar has besides "makes you want to go abit nutty & talk to giant bugs whilst preaching a twisted 'universal balance' logic".
If I remember right Aleema Rar was during the NJO era, during that time jedi used forged synth crystals or other items such as jacen solo using a krayt dragon pearl, due to palpatine having destroyed all known sources of traditional crystals.

annon
09-29-2008, 04:27 PM
In Jedi vs Sith: the essential guide to the force
it says the Sith started using red exclusively at the battle of Russan so they could distinguish themselves from the jedi on the battlefield.
Makes sense in a practical sort of way.

DJMoonbass
03-01-2009, 02:02 PM
I thought you were going green... Show's how long i've been waiting for you to finish yours! LOL!! Lup, we'll sort that meet soon, promise!!!

I like the explanations, though it doesn't take into account Silver, White, Cyan or shades of colours.

I was fascinated by Alema Rars. Blue center with a black hue. Also on the game force unleashed there was a solid black corrupt blade where it wasnt even alligned right. And what of Veridian from Knights of the old republic II? i went veridian on that. I was originally going to go with cyan for my color. then it changed from purple to yellow. and now i am stuck on silver. and im staying there. What does silver mean?

My philosophy:

Silver: A deep purity surounds this user. Untainted by any desires of darkness or personally ambition. This wielder lives to serve others and the force itself. constantly moving, searching for answers on galactic tranquility and spends most of ones time in deep though and trance, one with the force. the purity of the blade deeply reflects the soul, heart, and mind of the wielder.

Malaki Skywalker
03-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Whats up with all the thread revivals? :confused:

DJMoonbass
03-01-2009, 02:11 PM
what do you mean thread revivals???

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-01-2009, 02:40 PM
This thread has been dormant for 6 months. Check the date on the last post before you revive old threads.

Vallen Kel-Romarr
03-01-2009, 08:14 PM
This thread has been dormant for 6 months. Check the date on the last post before you revive old threads.

Hang on, if someone has something to contribute to a discussion, especially one that some people may not have seen before, isn't it ok to re-post in that thread?

I mean, otherwise, they post a new thread and get jumped on for posting about something that's already been talked about? See the new "Clone Wars" thread from today in this forum...

Are you saying that if something's been talked about before and isn't an "active" topic, it can never be discussed again?

I'm not advocating SPAMming an old thread with simply a "me too" or someone necro-ing his or her own thread for the sake of trying to get people interested in it again, but just people who missed a topic the first time around and have something to say.

If you know it's an "old" topic that you think has already had every possible facet discussed, then you don't have to read it. It seems counter-productive to attack other people for trying to get involved in the community here.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I wasn't attacking. My post was meant in the spirit of,

"Check the expiry date on your milk before you drink it."

It was just a gentle reminder. In fact, I sensed more hostility in your post than there was in mine.

As far as whether to revive an old thread or not, you make some valid points. This calls for wisdom, and a pause for reflection before you hit the reply button.

In this case, the post in question was relevant and on topic. Perhaps I picked the wrong instance of necro-posting to put my reminder in, but it still applies in general.

Vallen Kel-Romarr
03-01-2009, 11:17 PM
It was just a gentle reminder. In fact, I sensed more hostility in your post than there was in mine.

Hmm. There wasn't any "hostility" intended, but you may have sensed frustration that's been building for a while, now. My apologies.
</threadjack>

Ideal
03-01-2009, 11:38 PM
both of you have valid points. it should be noted however that mods have already said something to him about resurrecting threads.

overall i do agree with Vallen, if you have something to add to the conversation, then add it, but i tend to view threads as real life conversations, if you come in with a comment way after the fact, people WILL look at you like you're crazy. thats the problem with the internet, there is no way to segue back into a previous conversation, you just have to throw it out there

Eco
03-02-2009, 12:12 AM
While I'm throwing myself onto the chopping block by introducing something that's not related to the original topic at all: It's refreshing to finally be a part of a board where disputes are handled in a mature manner by both parties, rather than with 1337 speak insults.
:D

Ideal
03-02-2009, 01:39 AM
While I'm throwing myself onto the chopping block by introducing something that's not related to the original topic at all: It's refreshing to finally be a part of a board where disputes are handled in a mature manner by both parties, rather than with 1337 speak insults.
:D

that really is a hard thing to find isnt it? i left 2 boards and use a 3rd far less regularly because of it. at this point the only 2 boards i find worth going to are this one and fantasticexclusive (and a buddy of mine's board, but thats different)