PDA

View Full Version : I need a new hobby...

Valekhai
09-25-2008, 09:56 AM
...like I need a hole in my head. Oh well.
I've been a Star Wars fan for a long time, mostly in my highschool years. Back then my brother and I really wanted our own lightsabers, but none of the options (that we knew about) were appealing. The toys that game out when The Phantom Menace were kinda fun, but they were cheap and crappy and broke when you fought with them. We found out about Parks Sabers, but they were too expensive and you couldn't duel with them (at least back then you couldn't. Not sure if this has changed). We didn't have the tools or talent to go to a hardware store and build our own. Years went by and I saw one of my airsoft buddies with one of those Force-FX lightsabers. It was cool, but he said he had already broken one from fighting with it, so I lost interest.
Then a few months ago I heard two of my friends talking about their lightsabers. I assumed that they were talking about the Force-FX ones, but then I heard them saying words like "build" and "duel," so I assumed they were building their own out of pvc tubes and whatnot. Then one of them showed me his collecting and pointed me to TCSS. I was amazed! Easily-built, easily customizable lightsabers that lit up, made noise, and blades that you could beat the crap out of? I had been waiting years for something like this!
So, within a week, I did some reading, and ordered some parts, and within another week I had my very own lightsaber and have begun plans to build one for my brother for Christmas. And a double-bladed one for me. And maybe one for my brother's wife. And then another one for me.
I must say, I'm happy with my new hobby, but I'm not happy that I've discovered a new way to lighten my wallet :-P

Darth_DevilGuy
09-25-2008, 10:04 AM
yeah it'll do that, welcome to the obsession.

LordMasoch
09-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Heh. Welcome to the new hole in your wallet. Whereabouts are you from? If in the Indiana area, check out the airsoft games at Blast Camp in Hobart. Lots of fun there.

LordBane21
09-25-2008, 10:49 AM
ah star wars. it takes away ur usless life of working and makeing money, and turns it into something productive. Liike making ur own lightsaber. WOOOT!

Lord Dottore Matto
09-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Ah, the classic story...boy sees Star Wars, boy loves Star Wars because of cool light up swords, boy can only get crappy plastic light-up swords, boy moves on, boy grows into man, man gets life, man discovers internet search engine called google, man finds TCSS, man becomes boy again...(and sometimes wife thinks she has become boy's mom...scary!)

BTW...WELCOME!:):p

LordBane21
09-25-2008, 11:23 AM
LMAO that is Funny As hell

Mazarill Slay
09-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Welcome to your new addiction and money spender

Valekhai
09-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Heh. Welcome to the new hole in your wallet. Whereabouts are you from? If in the Indiana area, check out the airsoft games at Blast Camp in Hobart. Lots of fun there.
I'm from the Chicago area. I haven't been out as much this year, but I've been to Blast Camp many a time. Broke my ankle there at the game back in January.
I guess I need to get out more. My name used to be recognized by most of the local players. *sigh* Time to start building a rep again.

Ah, the classic story...boy sees Star Wars, boy loves Star Wars because of cool light up swords, boy can only get crappy plastic light-up swords, boy moves on, boy grows into man, man gets life, man discovers internet search engine called google, man finds TCSS, man becomes boy again...(and sometimes wife thinks she has become boy's mom...scary!)

BTW...WELCOME!:):p
Well put :-D

swear000
09-25-2008, 01:17 PM

That is exactly what happened to me!!!!!

Lord Preston
09-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Well you came to the right place!

Master Dru-Er
09-25-2008, 02:23 PM
There are a few of us around some darker than others. Welcome i'm in Joliet.

jedipadawan777
09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah im about to order my parts. And Im really excited :)

LordMasoch
09-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm from the Chicago area. I haven't been out as much this year, but I've been to Blast Camp many a time. Broke my ankle there at the game back in January.
I guess I need to get out more. My name used to be recognized by most of the local players. *sigh* Time to start building a rep again.

Whereabouts in Chicagoland? I haven't been out at all this year, but your forum name's familiar to me. If you've been on HEAT's board, I'm LaneAtomic.