PDA

View Full Version : Shipping lead-time?

LordMasoch
09-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Just curious, what does the lead time look like before something is shipped? My order has read "Packing list printed" and "Waiting to ship" for a few days. Granted, part of that was the weekend, and I know you don't ship on the weekend. :)

I know, I know, be patient. But patience is a virtue that runs short in a Jewish family. ;)

Donnovan Sunrider
09-22-2008, 06:43 PM
It depends on what shipping you chose. When I pick USPS, it takes on average two days to reach me.

LordMasoch
09-22-2008, 07:21 PM
But what about lead time? Time it takes for Tim to get it in the mail? I figure it'll take probably 3 days to reach me (Washington to Chicago) USPS, but I was more wondering how long it takes him to actually ship it?

eastern57
09-22-2008, 07:43 PM
TIm is usually good about getting it out on Mon or Tues after a weekend order. You'll get an email that says it's been shipped. And if you're going to make excuses for not having patience - blame your Sith heritage ;)

LordMasoch
09-22-2008, 07:49 PM
lol thanks eastern. Yeah, my sith heritage indeed. I'm still debating whether or not to make my character sith. Does tend to fit my impatient arse well. ;)

Ghostbat
09-23-2008, 08:50 AM
For the record I have always gotten everything I ordered about one day sooner than I thought I would :)

annon
09-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Lead time also depends on what you ordered. If Tim has to do some work it may take a little longer (powder coating, tap holes, etc).
When I say "little" I mean "little". Tim works very fast, which is amazing considering the high quality of his work. :D

LordMasoch
09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Nope, all in-stock items, no custom work, I'll be doing the drill/tap stuff myself. Just find it a little odd that it hasn't shipped yet, when ordered on Friday. I don't blame Tim, I'm sure he's a busy guy. I'm sitting here antsy is all. :P

Darth Leximus
09-23-2008, 01:26 PM
did you happen to order a "complete blade"? Those have to be built and can add a little time onto your order. That has been the only thing to ever slow down an order for me.

LordMasoch
09-23-2008, 01:28 PM
That would do it. How long does it usually slow the order? I figured it would be easier to have the expert build my first blade then learn from the example.

Darth Leximus
09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
That was definately a smart move, those blades can be tricky. I believe it was about 5 days from the time I ordered before he had it shipped. That would of course depend on how busy Tim is with other things, i imagine the recent grab bag fiasco has slowed shipping down quite a bit, those things were flyin out the door. I can say this, I live in chicago as well and once the item is shipped I have never waited more than 3 business days for an order to arrive.

LordMasoch
09-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the tip. Whereabout in Chigagoland are you? Northwest suburbs here.

Darth Leximus
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Southwest here. I'm in LaGrange (waits for sound of crickets chirping) about 25 minutes outta the city down I-55.

LordMasoch
09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
I've got friends out in Lockport area, and I'm at Rocky Horror Picture Show every so often up in Westmont at the Hollywood Blvd. theatre. Great fun. I know where LaGrange is. ;)

Darth Leximus
09-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Dude, that's hilarious. I worked at that theatre for a year and a half when it first opened. I've done everything from serving and bartending to managing that place. The Rocky crew are some of the funniest people I've ever known. I would totally meet you up there some night for it, but they banned anyone who ever quit or got fired from ever coming there again. That's how evil the owners of that place were. That was the funnest, and crappiest job I've ever had, but I made a lot of long time friends.

Get that saber built and stop by for a duel sometime. My brother and I are out there all the time.

LordMasoch
09-24-2008, 08:13 AM
Wow. Evil. I'm pretty sure staff has changed so much since you worked there that you wouldn't be recognized. Should come by sometime. ;)

Darth Leximus
09-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Well I do still have some friends that work there, but not many. And the owners know my wife and I very well. My wife was dating thier son (who was the projectionist) when I started working there, until I stole her from him. So they would definately pick me out of a crowd. Plus I know all the managers still too. I wouldn't make it past the box office.

LordMasoch
09-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Three business day delay. Not bad.

Shipped at 2:49 PM Pacific. Should be here at the latest by Monday. :D

I'm far too excited for my own good.

Darth Leximus
09-25-2008, 06:25 AM
The first time is like christmas my friend, enjoy!