PDA

View Full Version : Ok...need a shoulder to cry on and maybe some help.

Shaman
09-22-2008, 02:07 AM
I've all my parts for my hilt, an Ultrasound v1, led, ultrafire batteries, speaker switch. Everything fit fine. Wired everything up, spent an hour and fifteen minutes bashing blades with some mates, and I ran out of power. "No big", I think, and begin to unscrew the pommel. It sticks. Not just a little, like " oh, alittle sticky, clean that up in a second." Oh no...stuck like it was welded together. I figure "Ok, no big, I'll unscrew at the middle!" Start to unscrew there and no big...pieces come apart. A little wiggle and the battery pack is out. Replace Batteries with 2nd set, and start to screw back together. Then I see it. A loose wire. One of the power wires. I look closer.

The solder pad has come off the negative power coupling.

:cry:

I've read the "Dealing with stuck or sticky MHS threads" post, so I'm thinking I'll be ok there.

Help?

swear000
09-22-2008, 07:01 AM
busted solder pads are repairable. Just trim back some tracing to get pure metal and solder a wire to the tracing to whatever it was attached to.

Darth_DevilGuy
09-22-2008, 08:46 AM
have you tried freezing it? I've found that if you put the piece with the mail end, in your case the pommel, in contact with ice while the whole part is in the freezer it will shrink quicker, if you time it right you should be able to unscrew it.