PDA

View Full Version : Drill and Tap Hole

jedipadawan777
09-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Ok for my blade I am going to buy the TCSS custom style blade 34" and 8-32 thread size. So I think I will buy the nylon screws to tighten. But for when I go to buy the hole for the screw to tighten the blade; in the "location for hole" box should I just say 3 quarters up. And do you just tell them your style blade holder and then they drill the hole in that specific blade holder.

LordMasoch
09-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Try and be as specific as you can, otherwise the results may not be what you want. If you're using something like style 1, then I say 3/4 up is fine, as it's just basically a solid block, but if you're using something like style 12 (the angular cut one), do you want that 3/4 up on the longest side? 3/4 up on the shortest side? Somewhere on the middle? try and be as specific as possible, and you'll like the results. :)

Donnovan Sunrider
09-22-2008, 05:00 AM
And you can't use the nylon screws to hold your blade. THose are just to hold the Lux Star to the heat sink. You need a metal screw of some sort to hold the blade in.
My blade holder screw is 8-32 threaded. That seems like a pretty common one.

eastern57
09-22-2008, 05:12 AM
Try and be as specific as you can, otherwise the results may not be what you want. If you're using something like style 1, then I say 3/4 up is fine, as it's just basically a solid block, but if you're using something like style 12 (the angular cut one), do you want that 3/4 up on the longest side? 3/4 up on the shortest side? Somewhere on the middle? try and be as specific as possible, and you'll like the results. :)

Also, if you're buying the BH along with a hilt, or something with a switch hole, you might want to specify "in-line with switch hole" or "opposite side of switch hole", however you want it.... it matters to some people [this guy] and it might be an eye sore to have a screw-head sticking out at a random angle... :rolleyes:

Edit: holy crap, look at my post count... funny :)