PDA

View Full Version : A simple dark jedi type costume, need ideas.

Hasid Lafre
09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Ok so I want something for Halloween but don't want the traditional tunic and such that everyone does, I am looking for something that I could get off the shelf, The main influences Iam look at is very hellraiser type, lots of strapping, little bit of chain and stuff hanging off like it was attached to something but never replaced.

I got a basic Idea but I dont want to spend the 60$ for the pants at hottopic but the shirt of sorts I guess you could say a black straight jacket but I dont think you can buy them anymore. I know you could get them in some stores a while back but I haven't seen them around for a while.

So any ideas?

kinchar bamin
09-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Do you want tabbards? cos tabbards with sorta ancient lookin writing look Great! a good pear of gloves helps or vambraces, and maybe sorta like a tribal tatoo under your eye, thats what im doin 4 haloween. make the top sleeveles for a sorta strong but silent effect cos thats wat dark jedi are like, rite? Oh ya and HUGE BOOTS!

chase
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Under Armour shirts work well with that kind of thing. Get one a size bigger so it doesn't suck the life out of your lungs. My brother got some good fabric gauntlets at hot topic. Black cargo pants would probably work well. Check local Halloween stores for accesories. If you wanted, you can probably find cheap black vambraces or bracers on some websites for around 35-40 bucks. Chains and stuff are easy to find.

Donnovan Sunrider
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
And remember that thrift stores are your friend at Halloween!

Barmic Rin
09-22-2008, 01:36 PM
I say take a look at the FF advent children costumes on Ebay as a base, but go with gloves/gauntlets with sleeveless T-shirt would work.

And start practicing your 'I eat kittens' look now for the full effect when the trick or treaters come a'knocking!!

ArkaiHalon
09-22-2008, 01:51 PM
it's amazing what about 10 feet of nylon braid rope will look like wrapped around your forearms. and if your any good with knots, a little spray pant can make it look like chain with NO weight.

Mazarill Slay
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I had a pair of mountain dirtbike pants, that are baggy and made of a material that looks very sci-fi ish so it look sweet with my baggy top and hot topic gloves that had buckles running up mah arm, and i topped it off with a chopped down paintball mask.

Hasid Lafre
09-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Sleeveless shirts or sleeveless anything are out of the question, I don't have the build for them, I would look like a tard.

But I was rummaging around ebay and i found this seller, now they have an excelent history, one negative and a couple nuterals or whathave you. basicly teh bad this person got is cause the buyers were ar-tards.

http://stores.ebay.com/Monkey-Dungeon_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQ tZkm

I got some pants that will work for the time being but I need a shirt/jacket/what have you.

So iam going to get this little number.

http://i15.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/a5/83/e4_1.JPG

Iam getting the 4x cause it may shrink on me just like every clothing item I own does. Hell my mando flight suit is a 4x and I know its going to shrink down to a 3.5X.

That way it will also give me some wiggle room for altercations and its cheaper than the 3X, LMAO!

But after halloween I want to get some material for more straps, Going for the look of sorts like the straps are holding the "shirt" to my body.

Mazarill Slay
09-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Now thats hott..

Hott topic also has cool stuff

Hasid Lafre
09-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah but the one around here is in there emo zone.

Mazarill Slay
09-25-2008, 10:45 AM
And? To be one with the dark side you must accept that darkside first.. :P

jk jk I wouldn't go to it if mine was in a emo zone XD

Darth_DevilGuy
09-25-2008, 12:17 PM
And? To be one with the dark side you must accept that darkside first.. :P

jk jk I wouldn't go to it if mine was in a emo zone XD

emo isn't dark, I'll show you dark mother****er.

Mazarill Slay
09-25-2008, 01:39 PM
.. Please keep your pants on...

Hasid Lafre
09-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Emo its like goth but for pussies.

Barmic Rin
09-29-2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=diet%20goth

Emo is all the under 13's at a My Chemical romance concert.

Too rebellious to wash, but too scared to cut themselves.....

Has, get the jacket, but I say use Arkai's idead of the strapping around the arms, that could really work!!

ThreeQuadFive
09-29-2008, 01:25 PM
emo Its Like Goth But For Pussies.

Roflmao!

Titoshi
09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
nice jacket, the buckles and straps looks sweet. Not to further derail, but does anyone remember when Emo wasn't goth for pussies and Goth weren't ravers in all black? Ah, to be young and dress very badly again. Check these out, if you wear a size 12 or under, and can maybe get the sole shaved down(band saw maybe) these would rock sith style, and they are affordable
http://www.bootdungeon.com/neptune-100-gothic-knee-high-boots-by-demonia-shoes-p-1216.html

Mazarill Slay
09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Those are cool boots Titoshi!

lol I would deffinatly shave the soles down a bit...

Barmic Rin
09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Ah... memories.....

The lil emo's near me are now starting to evolve into some sort of sub culture that dress like the goonies, but with the Trivium hoodies, pink stipres in their hair & snake bite piercings.

I'm still looking out for the chinese kid in the trench coat.....

Hasid Lafre
09-29-2008, 03:08 PM
WE got one of them that comes to eletroshock sometimes when I got sometimes sometimes.

ArkaiHalon
09-29-2008, 04:19 PM
20 internetz to Hasid for making me spit diet coke on my laptop with his opinon on Emo.

Hasid Lafre
09-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Lmao!

Mazarill Slay
09-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Rofl!!! thats priceless

Hasid Lafre
09-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh and FYI on electroshock, Its a goth industrial type music club night on Fridays and we get everything from the trendy emo kids to the trendy goth kids, then you got the older ones who dress in a more suit and tie type goth fassion. ah we also got a couple TV/TS, they don't bother me and are actually some of the coolest people Ive met, the other one is a bit shy, odd thou.

Any way, we also had a brit, full blooded accent and all brit there one night. I forget where he said he was from thou.

Oh and we also got the strange goths that think emo and goth is a good combo in the fashion world.

Oh there's this bartender chick, whose very hot BTW but shes got them spike duel racing stripes down her back which is kinda creepy but shes got a great body and an cute face. To bad shes taken or I would try some Sidneyious charm.....then proceed to get my ass beat buy the security and tossed out on my face.

And yeah every now and then a really strange asian guy/girl comes in.

The place the night happens at is split in 2 buildings of sorts and on the other side is the ghetto night and this one black chick was outside smoking(city wide ban on smoking in buildings) with some of the other clubbers and some of the folks from out side of the club and she was going off on killing whitey and man it was hilarious cause she was the only one out of about 20 people outside freaking out in the fashion of kill whitey.

So yeah, lots of strange ones out there.

MoonDragn
10-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Hmmm do I dress too goth?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/MoonDragn/1111537090_l.jpg