PDA

View Full Version : Lightsaber hilt length

jedipadawan777
09-17-2008, 09:53 PM
OK first off, does the saber builder give you the exact scale of measurment to the actual size of the hilt? Second off how long should a decent lightsaber hilt be for someone who is about 5'6.

Braxus
09-17-2008, 10:23 PM
hilt length is all personal preference. You have to keep in mind that you have to plan the inner workings of the saber too and that can also effect you hilt length. that being said.. the average hilt legnth i think is between 10 and 12 inches.
mine is about 12 inches (Pictured in my Signature) and i was barely able to fit everthing. i had to re arange things, resolder with smaller gauge wire, and swap out switches to make enough room for everything. But if it was any longer it would feel too big for my taste. again personal preference.

as for the size scale of the builder its really , really close to exact on most parts, but if your planning to say for example make a custom shroud out of sink tube based on the builder measurements before you actualy get the parts, id wait to get everything in person to get exact measurements.

Anavrin
09-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Grab a broomstick. Grip and play with it. Try out what feels right and measure the space you need for grip. Remember as you're holding it that you need to account for the pommel and emitter, and any greeblies you want. Most folk go with the basic 10-13", but I've seen some hilts over 14", and a few that are shorter than 10". At five six, average will do you well.

But really, it feels dumb measuring with a stick, but it's an effective analogue.

jedipadawan777
09-18-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys.