PDA

View Full Version : Colored Polypropylene

vargose
09-12-2008, 07:29 AM
I found some colored polypropylene. Could be an interested way to make those difficult colors.

If somebody has already tried it, please debunk away.

http://www.papermart.com/templates/47-0-30.htm

xwingband
09-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Doesn't work very well. It doesn't change the color any better than a filter sitting on top of the LED, and that's with one wrap. If you're thinking of more wraps remember that each time you filter it you are diminishing the light even more.

Then off my head... isn't it easier to keep one blade and many small filters vs. a specific filtered blade?

If you wanted a colored blade when off I guess it'd be good, but you're better served by the traditional way we are filtering our sabers.

swear000
09-12-2008, 10:23 AM
I just got a book of the LEE filers yesterday. They looked good so I put a yellow one on a blue LED. The LED still showed blue though. I may have to use a thicker filter or more layers.

Angelus Lupus
09-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Filtering a coloured LED does no good. The blue LED is only emmiting light in the blue end of the spectrum, so there's not going to be any yellow in it to be let through by the filter. This is different to white LEDs because white light contains all the colours, so you can filter whatever colour you like.

Hasid Lafre
09-12-2008, 03:10 PM
IIRC neophil(sp) did this and used a wrap of gell filters lke the lee filters and a white led, he said that it wasent that great but Iam sure with that and some regular polyP or whathave you will give better results. I like it cause the blade is colored day or night. Theres a topic about it round here somewhere with a pic.

Anavrin
09-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Filtering a coloured LED does no good. The blue LED is only emmiting light in the blue end of the spectrum, so there's not going to be any yellow in it to be let through by the filter. This is different to white LEDs because white light contains all the colours, so you can filter whatever colour you like.

+1

You can't mix additive and subtractive to get a blend of the two. They work off different physics and even different primary colors (RGB vrs CYMK).