PDA

View Full Version : Blasters Own Lightsabers

Taylor
09-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Ok I had to post this I just need to say that blasters are the best:twisted::razz: Its true I mean come on its always better to have a blaster on your side then a light up sword ;P I could beat you all with my blaster >:P But anyway I really had a question for you guys.. My bro and I were having a disscousin and were talking about jedi using blasters and lightsabers and I was wondering, what would you guys use; a lightsaber or a lightsaber and a BLASTER?

Lord Preston
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Sounds like something Jango Fett said. He swore he would never die by the Jedi sword, but look what happend. Han one believed that blasters could beat a lightsaber, but after time his opinion changed. You cant win this argument, brother, so give it up.:twisted:

Lord Dottore Matto
09-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Sabers. You can defelct blaster bolts with them, you can force throw them, you can spar with them. I'd like to see someone deflect a lightsaber with a blaster!;)

Taylor
09-11-2008, 04:36 PM
:pshhhhhhh *strokes blaster* its ok to deny it I coulfd take anyone on with my blaster:p

and still you have range too and thats something a lightsaber doesn't have!

Lord Preston
09-11-2008, 04:43 PM
*Cuts blaster* Opps.:twisted: And blasters freeze, lock, overheat, and much more.

Darth_DevilGuy
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
really it all depends on whether I get force powers or not, with the force as my ally the saber is clearly superior, the blaster provides no defense but the saber can be used to block or even reflect incoming attacks, without force powers though the saber is much less useful, though I'd still take one along for close combat or hacking my way through blast doors.

sekrogue1985
09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
yeah seriously why bother bringing this? up this is a forum full of saber builders obviously you know where their loyalty lies. However, i admit blasters are fun in their own right and i'm sure some agree. NOw if i had mastery over the force i don't think i would ever see the need for a blaster.

DaJoQuim
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
come on my friend!!You saw how luke's lightsaber cut bobba fett's pop gun in half lol.

swear000
09-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I am not too sure either is better. It all depends on the range. Sabers are made for close combat whereas blasters are more for long range combat.

Taylor
09-11-2008, 06:31 PM
yeah seriously why bother bringing this? up this is a forum full of saber builders obviously you know where their loyalty lies. However, i admit blasters are fun in their own right and i'm sure some agree. NOw if i had mastery over the force i don't think i would ever see the need for a blaster.

It was supposed to be a joke.........:rolleyes:

expect the would you use a lightsaber or a lightsaber and a blaster

annon
09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
blasters only seem to work against jedi if and when you've got two dozen buddys with blasters also (order 66 anyone?) but even then, not a sure thing.

then you have the old clumsy/random vs. elegant/civilized argument ;)

Taylor
09-11-2008, 06:49 PM
blasters only seem to work against jedi if and when you've got two dozen buddys with blasters also (order 66 anyone?) but even then, not a sure thing.

then you have the old clumsy/random vs. elegant/civilized argument ;)

true to me blaster = good ranged weapons easy to use, lots of varites ect
lightsabers=good for melee defensive, and cutting through things

sekrogue1985
09-11-2008, 06:57 PM
It was supposed to be a joke.........:rolleyes:

expect the would you use a lightsaber or a lightsaber and a blaster

I know it's a joke i was just adding more to the fire by pointing out the obvious...but yeah if i ever get ervs blaster core and swap out one of my CFs i'll just built a blaster/saber think the gunblade from FFVIII that kind of thing it would be a beast but yeah dreams...

Taylor
09-11-2008, 07:14 PM
I know it's a joke i was just adding more to the fire by pointing out the obvious...but yeah if i ever get ervs blaster core and swap out one of my CFs i'll just built a blaster/saber think the gunblade from FFVIII that kind of thing it would be a beast but yeah dreams...

oh my humblest aplogies then:( but I always thought that would be cool a lightsaber and a blaster mixed kinda like that knife that also shoots out bullets