PDA

View Full Version : Vader Conversion Question

Wolverine
03-14-2006, 10:18 PM
-MR Vader Conversion-
Can someone show me a clear picture of the clash sensor, where the blue wire actually is soldered to the mini pc board????
You'd think I should have studied these things when I had them apart. [:I]
I've just finished my 3rd conversion, and had to take the blade holder out, to find out why the clash wasn't working.
...So I find, the blue wire got pulled off, and clean too, I can't see a solder point for a clue. [:(][:I]

james3
03-14-2006, 10:29 PM
If you are looking at the board from the printed side it would be the 3rd from left/ 2nd from right/ left of ydd/ spot 3.
I hope this helps my digicam has dead batts.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Wolverine
03-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks, but no it doesn't. I don't want to pull it apart again, but I can get the board up to the rim of the hilt, so I'm going to try soldering it to the "hot" line up there. But I need a clear picture for reference.

james3
03-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Sorry dude, good luck. If you don't have it by morning I will get a pic done for you since I have one apart right now.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Wolverine
03-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Thanks man,
I finally took it apart, and resoldered it, only to find it's broke. I really had to snap it hard with my fingers right on the sensor, just to get a tiny reaction from it. This was one of those "damaged" sabers "Dealtree" was selling on Ebay. All the other sounds work fine, so it has to be the sensor. If anyone has any from "parts" sabers, or if you know where I can get one please email me.
I checked in the store here, and at Corbin's, with no luck. [:(][:(]

suit_man
03-15-2006, 03:50 PM
i found some swords at k mart that are made to look like "sting" from LOTR and have swinging sounds and stuff. they are three bucks. maybe you could try a sensor from one of those if you can find one.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Umi_Ryuzuki
03-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Yusan makes the darn things, I just can't find a distributor.

http://www.tom-led.com/doce/1-chanp1.htm

The part number is Yusan SW-18020P

The other parts on the main pcb are numbered SW-2000

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

Strydur
03-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Umi..I have looked also...no luck so far

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

LAN-ED-TUL
03-16-2006, 12:12 AM
try one from a generic hasbro. i have 2 extra clash and 2 extra motion sensors off the generic sith saber boards. had 2 fry on me, so im not positive the sensors still work but i saved them and tossed the boards.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Wolverine
03-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Hey Tim,
would this be something you'd stock, if you can find a supply in the future?
It would be great to be able to buy stuff like this right from you,
http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thinking.gif (ie:)...I could've done it with my last order [:(]

Wolverine
03-16-2006, 10:07 PM
OK,
I fianlly took the damn thing apart and put the clash under a SUPER magnifier, and one of the two tiny wires that attach it to the curcuit board broke.[:(!][:(!][:(]
...So, a little solder, a little hot glue...wha-la, it now works!!!
I can finally finish this little project gone BIG [:D][:D][8D]

LAN-ED-TUL
03-17-2006, 03:41 AM
glad to hear ya fixed it. saved ya one big headache.

Wolverine
03-17-2006, 12:10 PM
No actually, it <u>was</u> the big headache, it saved me from buying another saber off Ebay, tossing more money away... [^]
...Damn, I really gotta stay off there for awhile. [:I]

wood7588
03-17-2006, 02:35 PM
I know what you mean Wolverine, Everytime I go there there is always something I have to have. My wife keeps threating to cut me off the checking account. Oh well like they say, One mans trash is anothers treasure.

Ebay that is - Not my wife[:D]

Protein5000
03-17-2006, 08:25 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wood7588

Ebay that is - Not my wife[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hahahaha

Less talk, more action........

LAN-ED-TUL
03-19-2006, 01:27 AM
well i meant the fact of havin to trash it and get another one. lol

GFORCE13
03-19-2006, 04:17 AM
Yeah that would suck, I would definitely have given it a shot and tried to repair it glad it all worked out.[:)][8D]

May the Force
Be with You

Marc E.