PDA

View Full Version : Allow myself to introduce... myself

BradMan
09-10-2008, 03:58 PM
I've been lurking on the boards and in the shop for about a month and a half now, and I should be starting my saber this week. I'm so glad I found this site because it seems to be what I've been looking for for a long time.

I've wanted my own lightsaber for about 25 years. It all started as a kid running around with a wrapping paper tube and one black glove trying to be Luke Skywalker. I got into Star Wars at the tail end of the marketing for "Return of the Jedi" and therefore my childhood was in the "dark times" before Hasbro started up with new Star Wars toys again in '95. Over the years I've tried to make my own lightsabers out of wood, broken cordless phone antennas, PVC pipes, and eventually had to just settle for the oversized toys.

When Master Replicas started their lightsabers I was really excited at first - and then really disappointed. The replicas looked great, but had no blades or lights and cost $350. The FX sabers looked realistic, had the lights and sounds, but didn't have removable blades.

Then I found Parks Sabers. They had the electronics, they had the removable blades, but I didn't like any of their saber designs enough to fork over the cash. Plus, now that I know more about custom sabers, the electroluminescent blades that Parks Sabers use are a bit outdated technology.

So then I found Random Sabers, and they seemed really cool in allowing you to design your own saber hilt that would allow for electronics. But just as I was thinking about getting started, I saw a note on their site that they wouldn't be accepting new orders for 2 years while they catch up on back orders.

So, thinking I was defeated and without options, I found the Custom Saber Shop. I've played around with the saber builder program, picked out my parts, and should get my order in by the end of the week...

eastern57
09-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Hoy - such an epic tale... seems you found this place just in time... or about time ;)

Welcome to journey's end... and Adventure's beginning... :)

swear000
09-10-2008, 06:29 PM
welcome. You made the right choice. These guys really know a lot about sabers and when you custom build a saber it comes out exactly how you imagine it.

Kal El Rah
09-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Welcome to the TCSS vbb and your new addiction.8)

Lord Preston
09-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Welcome to your new addiction.:D