PDA

View Full Version : New FX From Master Replicas!

Darth Vane
09-10-2008, 11:17 AM
ok first and formost it is not another lightsaber. but they have come out with some thing along the lines!

for those fans of halo i present the Halo 3 FX Energy Sword!

http://masterreplicas.com//store/halo/halo/9232/

taken from there site:

Master Replicas is proud to present an authentically detailed reproduction of the Covenant Energy Sword! Featuring five different electronic sound effects and a pulsating energy blade. You are now equipped to bring the excitement of epic battle to life!

• Authentically detailed!
• High quality die cast hilt!
• Pulsating Energy Blade!
• 9 Electronic Sound Effects!

Darth Vane
09-10-2008, 11:20 AM
just found a video of it!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=42517526

it looks amazing!

now all we need is for ultra to hook us up! lol

Darth_DevilGuy
09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
dude that thing is HUGE

Darth Vane
09-10-2008, 01:04 PM
i know! i want one so bad! jasmine toys was going to make a laser tag one to go with the plasma rifle and pistol but due to some stuff they never produced it. thank god Master replicas is making a better one!

xl97
09-10-2008, 01:17 PM
umm.. maybe Im being begative/biased.. but that looks lke a grip with some lighted plastic? (shaped like the sword/blade part)

Phiily Manyaan
09-10-2008, 02:37 PM
i know! i want one so bad! jasmine toys was going to make a laser tag one to go with the plasma rifle and pistol but due to some stuff they never produced it. thank god Master replicas is making a better one!

I believe they did for a short time I've seen quite a few on eBay and places like amazon.com.

Zero Unit
09-10-2008, 04:08 PM
The LED scrolling is out of place on this sword, since that is not at all how it activates in the game.

Also, it looks too toyish, especially because of the rounded edges.

Darth Vane
09-10-2008, 04:47 PM
true but it still looks cool

and i bet ultra ( wink wink) could make pointed blades. lol

i dont see how it is possibel though....

37H4N
09-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Oh man that is so cool! I had to go back and watch it like ten times!

If it weren't $200 then maybe but I don't know what I'd do with it. I mean lightsabers you can duel with and do whatever but the energy sword is more of a shelf prop.

110% Awesomeness tho!

DaJoQuim
09-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I really don't know what to think of it;but,it's cool.

Novastar
09-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Reminds me a bit of the "Nano Deus Tachi" sounds I made for CF... :) I had forgotten how similar that font is to the Halo sounds...

Personally I think it would be cooler if they had a "core" central color and then the edges being a bit different. Also, I imagine the thing has the same systemic problem as the FX sabers... weakness to shock due to multiple tiny LEDs...

It would be pretty awesome to see a "Luxeon-style" version with maybe a total of 4 Luxes... 2 for the front tines, 2 for the back. But that would be TOUGH.

Kal El Rah
09-11-2008, 04:53 AM
I agree with you Nova. I see alot of broken LED strips happening real fast.:(

Darth Vane
09-11-2008, 08:19 AM
well when they came out with the FX sabers they were meant for shelf props but look at what we got know!

plus i would not surprise me if some one made a luxeon set up with these.

it would be cool to have a "halo" sound font for the Cf (cough *nova* cough) lol

and were are you going to were it is 200$? there site says its 120$ like the sabers.

Darth Vane
09-11-2008, 08:24 AM
woopsy never mind just checked the site again lol.

the only thing i can think of getting it pretty cheap would be trying ebay after it is released.

Novastar
09-11-2008, 08:29 PM
it would be cool to have a "halo" sound font for the Cf (cough *nova* cough) lolIt's on the list of "to do" for a v2 compendium if I'm able to create one... :)

Darth Vane
09-12-2008, 08:41 AM
SWEET! would love to see one.

i have a few ideas on what you could add to the fetures.(horrible speller i know)

1. instant on
2. heavy blade flicker
3. for the blaster block: plasma rifel or pistol sounds.
4. for the blade lock up: plasma pistol charge with the LED Being Overdrivin
5. for the force push. the sound of the spartan laser charging and firing( mabey sounds cool)
6. for the sound when it turns off, use the part from halo 3 when Cheif says "wake me when you need me..."

thats what i would do if i could make sound fonts for sabers...

what do you think?

Phiily Manyaan
09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
The LED scrolling is out of place on this sword, since that is not at all how it activates in the game.

Also, it looks too toyish, especially because of the rounded edges.

I believe it does activate that way in the game, at least in halo 3. I think in the game it is just faster than a lightsaber activation in the SW films. It's correct.

Chowser
09-12-2008, 02:52 PM
It is pretty huge, I know the Elites and Spartans are bigger than normal humans, but I didn't think it would require two hands to hold the thing.

Darth Vane
09-12-2008, 03:12 PM
well i think a girl is holding it. that could be why it looks its so huge becuase of her or his small hands.( no offense to any female members )

MaverickJsmith
09-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Well hot damn, whadya know. Guess I'll have to make some Mjolnir armor now.

Maverick

Darth Vane
09-14-2008, 07:02 AM
lol now that would be cool!

Darth Vane
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM
found a new video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGNb2PKB7rE

this thing just keeps getting better and better!

Angelus Lupus
10-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Hmm, the blade looks pretty crappy. I mean you can see the LED string pretty clearly there, and it doesn't light up to the tips.
Personally I'd rather get hold of the sounds from it and make a CF soundfont for my saber.

ThreeQuadFive
10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I have to agree with Angelus.

The blade is pretty subpar, and granted its not a final release ( I don't think) for the price they charge, and how hyped it is, they should deliver a duelable and decent blade that doesn't look like cheesy hasbro plastic. They really should use a lux or two in there anyways.

Who wants to build a better setup to show up MR FX? :D

Darth Vane
10-11-2008, 07:51 AM
well it is the prototype so i hope the blades will be thicker. and if you can if the blades arnt pointed put in some of those new bullet shaped tips from here on them!

Lord Preston
10-11-2008, 10:30 AM
This looks so awsome! But I still perfer lightsabers.

Darth Vane
10-13-2008, 08:24 AM
light sabers are better in every way. but i am a huge Halo fan and when Jasman toys decided to not make there energy sword i was realy dissapointed. so maney people bought one but none were released. mabey iff we are lucky they will make more fx halo weapons!