PDA

View Full Version : Any more its just another day but many call it a birthday.

Hasid Lafre
09-09-2008, 08:30 PM
So yeah I turn 25 in a few hoursbut its really the first birthday that I feel alone. See my grandmother and me shared a birthday and she passed last year and its odd yes but only thoes that share the same birthday with another family member would truly understand. Yes there are other family members that share the same spetember tenth birthday but I was the first to share it with gramah and Iam prolly going to do nothing tomorrow cause I dont want to go to gramahs grave, I dont visit graves cause it just makes things worse for me.

But I already got my shindig out of the way, I went to a nice quant bar that I like and the only one in this town I like and got my drink on I feel pritty good right now but its still there, a day I will never forget and from this point on I will not keep track of dates that matter cause I just want to move on and now dwell cause that just makes things worse for me.

So yeah there it is the soft side of Hasid Lafre.

Clockwork
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry about your loss Hasid, I won't claim to be able to relate. I lost my Great Grandmother last month so I can at least sympathize. Hope your Birthday turns out better than you expect and Happy Birthday from me.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
09-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I can sympathize with you buddy. My wife's mother died of a sudden heart attack on the same day that our son was born. Suddenly the most wonderful day of our lives became the worst day ever. We're glad that she at least got to know that he arrived safely, but she didn't get to see him.

He's had two birthdays now, and it's still not any easier. We still have a hard time with it. I try to keep my wife busy, and surrounded by people she loves on that day, so she can't spend too much time dwelling on it.

Do what you need to do for you, and don't worry about what other people think of the way you cope.

By the way, Happy Birthday! Maybe your brother will buy you some saber parts to play with. (Hint, hint!)

eastern57
09-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I remember you said that you shared a birthday. It takes a lot of time to get over something like that... there's no rush - but you still have lots of livin to do! I'm looking forward to the day when you're no longer "ANNOYED" ;)

Happy Birthday, dude! quarter century - check!

Hasid Lafre
09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
HAHAH, thanks guys. Yeah I hope I have a good day today cause its its crappy Iam going to be really pissed.

ArkaiHalon
09-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Happy Birthday Hasid.

Today is also my son's birthday. He's 5.

xl97
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
woot.. congrats (happy BD) Hasid.. and to you AH.. sharing a cilds birthday is one of life little treasures..

dont let them slip by!!

Hasid Lafre
09-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks, AH tell your little one happy birthday.

Jedi-Loreen
09-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Today is my birthday, too.

My last year to be in my 40's. *sigh*:(

Hasid Lafre
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Happy birthday loreen

Novastar
09-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Happy b-day J-Lo and to you as well Hasid!

I'll share a quick story which is not exactly a "happy" one, so... click to another post if you like---BUT... it will give people some perspective...

Some years ago, my girlfriend's sister had a little boy named Jacob. He's this adorable, quiet and serene child who makes everyone feel at peace... ya know? Never cries, never seems to be all ancy and all that jazz. Good stuff.

Jackie (Jacob's mother) had another child prior--a girl. So she's like 2 or 3 or so at this point I believe. Well... just a while after Jacob was born--their dog passed away... the dog ("Sassy") was old and all... but they think it was heatstroke from being in the backyard, even despite the big old water bowls and all that.

So, it happens, right? Well, they got a cat ("Swipers"!!) since Jackie's daughter wanted a pet and all that... ... it ran away after a few weeks when it got out, and that was the last they ever saw of the little cat
... :(

Another dog entered the picture. I'm not going to go into it. The dog is no longer with us. :(

That's nothing. This is where it gets serious and you begin to appreciate life, its blessings... and its curses. Well, this just about says it all:

http://www.brentwoodpress.com/article.cfm?articleID=18907

On 2/22/07... Jacob passed away--a horrible twist of fate that is better known as "SIDS" (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).

At the time, I honestly had no idea what that was. I'd HEARD of such things, but I had no education on it, no understanding, no backstory... nothing to go on.

If that isn't enough--Dave & Jackie are/were BOTH paramedics. This isn't to say that it's anything but a horrible stake in the heart that few could ever understand. It's like being Superman and not being able to save your own son. WTF?!?! :(

I'm not trying to depress anyone. I only ask the following:

* If you are a parent... if you meet "newcomers" to parenting... tell them to simply do a bit of research so that they KNOW. That's all.

* Remind yourself that because you are alive even one more day... whatever age you are... you are extremely lucky--as we lose youth every day. Some to violence... some to sickness... some at age 13... and some when they haven't even experienced what "365 days = one year" means... :(

* Someday, look close and hard at someone you absolutely don't like... and--even if just for a moment-- ... blur the line between friend & enemy, family & stranger... do something nice. They might need it more than do you.

* Give a child your saber. :) For KEEEEEEPERRRRRS. :)

I'm not saying you have to give them your precious Crystal Focus, or your pimped out Vader costume you threw $8500 at... I'm just saying... be nice, heheh :p

Alright. :) Anyhow. Life is an interesting gift, but also remember: none of us get out "alive". ;) Where we go from there is up to us (I say)--all we can to do is decide what to do with the time we've been given.

Jedi-Loreen
09-11-2008, 03:57 AM
Thanks, a sort of belated same back to you.