PDA

View Full Version : want to hide sensitive info?

darth ney
09-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Are you like the rest of the world and have medical info,SSN,and other info stored on your pc? want to hide it so it cant be found execpt by you?
I can show you how. all you need is the following

Winrar
the file/files you wish to hide
and a .jpg picture(on ur pc)

ok now what you want to do is put your .jpg picture into your my computer(double click the C drive or the equiv) and place it into the c drive.
Now right click in the c drive folder and create new winrar archive
lable the archive without spaces and try to keep it short.

now drag and drop your secret files(ur sensitive info) into the archive u just made.

next you need to go to start and click on run

once run is open tipe in CMD dont have to be caps.
a window will open, in this window type c..(Cperiodperiod) use the dot but no spaces. then press enter.
type the same thing again,and press enter

now type (copy /b pic.jpg + archive.rar newfile.jpg)"type it just like this with spaces and all"( pic.jpg and archive.rar are examples only,please replace these with the name of the real files, and you MUST use .jpg and.rar)
the window should tell you 1 file copyed or 2 file copyed so on
now before you close cmd.exe look in your c drive you should see a new picture (newfile.jpg) double click it and the pic should open in windows picture and fax viewer. close the pic and right click on it. go to open with and select winrar archiver. you files are now hidden as a jpg immage!!!

comments welcome.

darth ney
09-08-2008, 04:39 PM
And this is one more way to hide a file or folder.

Here is a foolproof trick to hide any file/folder you might not want others to see,without buying expensive software. I successullly tested this technique in Windows XP Service Pack 2, and it worked fine for me.For demonstration I have created a folder "New" in C drive.

Go to cmd.exe as before
type c.. press enter
type c.. press enter
Type in "attrib +h +r +s c:\ New" and press enter. The folder will disappear from view.

to bring it back.

Go to cmd.exe
type c.. press enter
type c.. press enter
Type in "attrib -h -r -s c:\ New" and press enter. The folder will reappear.

The good thing about this approach is that the hidden folder cannot be seen by using show hidden files and folders in folders option. And no one can use this method to un hide files unless they know the name of the desired folder.

NOTE:You got to be careful because if you forget the name of the folder you will not be able to view it yourself.:D comments welcome

valeon
09-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Very clever my friend.

darth ney
09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
thank you. I know a lot of people have info on there pc thatdont need to be seen by others, such as a SSN, and i know it can be hard to keep this info privit.i have a few other ways to hid stuff on a pc, but these are the best two.:D