PDA

View Full Version : Sound Help

chocolate pain
09-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi ive had one of these blades from ultrasabers and it says it's not possible for it to have sound... has anybody came up with any sound chip or does this site have one that i can use to install sound on this saber? if so may i pleaze have a brief description on how to do so?
http://www.ultrasabers.com/UK_Mant_p/uk-mant.htm

Donnovan Sunrider
09-07-2008, 06:51 PM
How big is the inside of the PVC tube? You might be able to fit a Hasbro or UltraSound board in there if there is enough space inside.

chocolate pain
09-07-2008, 07:09 PM
i dont think there is not much space left in it... could i cut a hole in it and make the sound wires come out of the saber and build something to cover it like a big pocket on the side of it?

Donnovan Sunrider
09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I'd think it would be possible, but circuit boards are fragile. It would need to have a big plastic box to put the board in.

Take a ruler to the tube to see how big it is. The sound boards available are pretty slim.

xwingband
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
It is certainly possible. I've done it. You could stuff an MR in there. Hasbro's fit too. I imagine a Ultrasound board could fit too.

It's not easy, but doable. With how cheap PVC is I'd tend to build my own around a board if I wanted that though.

bigbret50
09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I am planing doing this this week or next depending on when mine comes in. They are backlogged apparently. I will post some pics but plan on doing some major customizations. It is possible.