PDA

View Full Version : Well this takes the...

Malaki Skywalker
09-07-2008, 09:21 AM
I have an Ultra blade, which is now full of hair and dust because of static cling even though I have not tampered with it. How in the world did that get in there?? :confused: Is there some way I can get rid of all the particles inside the blade? :(

Cheers

swear000
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I doubt it without taking the blade apart. I just put one together yesterday (TCSS blade film + polypropylene) and everything wanted to stick to it. Dust in the air was finding it's way to the film. Probably the best thing to do would be take the blade apart and rebuild it using some TCSS blade film and polypropylene. At least you coud save your tube that way. You could probably clean it while you wait for the new film to arrive :p

I thought I read somewhere that it was dangerous to tamper with a lightsaber blade though....lol

Malaki Skywalker
09-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Well, I mainly needed it for my Erv' style V. Ultra blade comparison, so I may try and clean it after, if all else fails, I'll make make do or maybe recycle

Cheers

eastern57
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
If you have a piece of micro-fiber cloth (for cleaning glass or glasses) wrap it around the end of a stretched-out hanger... or something that will go down the length of thee blade. And just like you're cleaning out the barrel of a gun - single strokes at a time.

I recommend some type of micro-fiber so it doesn't leave anything in there, and it picks up dust and such via static as well. no cut t-shirts, no kleenex, no tissues - they're leave more crap in there.

Malaki Skywalker
09-07-2008, 12:13 PM
If you have a piece of micro-fiber cloth (for cleaning glass or glasses) wrap it around the end of a stretched-out hanger... or something that will go down the length of thee blade. And just like you're cleaning out the barrel of a gun - single strokes at a time.

I recommend some type of micro-fiber so it doesn't leave anything in there, and it picks up dust and such via static as well. no cut t-shirts, no kleenex, no tissues - they're leave more crap in there.

Cheers eastern :D Done it in one

eastern57
09-07-2008, 12:36 PM
schweeeeet.....

Jedi-Loreen
09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
You might want to try finding something to put over the opening of your blade when you aren't using it, like a cane tip or chair leg tip, to prevent stuff from getting inside your blade again. ;)

I should do that, myself. :rolleyes:

Hasid Lafre
09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I can agree with the cain tips.