PDA

View Full Version : The countdown begins...

Proximal
09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
I've been inactive on these boards for about a year due to a lot of personal things but I'm back. I'm just like everyone else here, I'm a geek (or so my wife says). I'm also a huge gamer and have been trying to get into the biz but all attempts have failed thus far. Being a game enthusiast I'd like to officially begin the countdown to, possibly this years best title, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

If you haven't been keeping track of this one then now is the time. If you have an Xbox 360 and have it connected to live, I suggest downloading the demo. You don't have to actually be a gold member (paying subscriber) to download it.

I've been watching this games progress (and the announcement of a KoTOR MMORPG!) for over a year and the time is upon us. The game releases Sep. 16th. Get those preorders in and don't forget that this is ALL PLATFORMS 360, PS3, Wii, DS, and PSP. Obviously the next gen systems benefit the most but at least no one is left out.

Only 12 days!!!

Tom Starkiller
09-05-2008, 02:36 AM
I was in the middle of the demo when my Xbox f*cked up!! :evil:

jamesjeffh
09-05-2008, 07:40 AM
For anybody who is a fan of star wars and plays video games this is a must have I've been waiting on this game for a long time now I watch my son play the demo all the time. I love how you slam people into the walls and leave dents and play baseball with your lightsaber. I've heard there is a versus mode but I guess they are keeping that hush hush because I havent seen any pics on it at all I'd love to hit xbox live with this I'm getting tired of call of duty 4.

Darth_DevilGuy
09-05-2008, 08:56 AM
no PC port makes me ANGRY

Sohryu76
09-05-2008, 10:17 AM
no PC port makes me ANGRY

good... good... let the hate flow through you...

Mazarill Slay
09-05-2008, 10:34 AM
If I could afford to spend 99 republic credits on a soundboard I sure would..

lack of credits is disheartening...

sekrogue1985
09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
seeing how the only next gen i have is a wii i'll be getting it on that. My 360 "red light of doom" me about a half a year ago and i don't feel like shelling out for whatever. I'll also be getting it on the PSP probably cause i also have that but yeah...That demo was sweet made me go play Dark Forces II Jedi KNight, and yes i have an old computer that still works so i can play those old Lucas Arts games. THis one is wow I can't wait. Sadly, I've yet to see if there will be midnight sales here in INDY yet. Probably but yeah...

Gray Exile
09-05-2008, 10:43 PM
I pre-ordered a copy for Wii direct from LucasArts. From what I have seen, this thing is going to be a workout!

Proximal
09-06-2008, 07:06 AM
9 days!!

I'm also a bit bummed about no PC port but, being lucas arts, I could only assume that it will be in the works in the near future.

If you got the ring of death on your 360, why not call xbox and get them to send the coffin out to pick it up? It is under warranty for like 3 years after purchase. I've gone through 3 xbox 360s. So far, the one I have is looking like the winner.

If you don't have any of the above systems, hit up lucasarts.com and see some of the videos.They are amazing.

NickVader
09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
*Has played the demo a few dozen times* This is the game I can't wait for. I can't remember the last time I've been this excited for something...Btw, it only comes out on the 17th where I come from...bummer.

Stevegel
09-08-2008, 07:26 AM
no Pc Port Makes Me Angry

+100 .

sekrogue1985
09-08-2008, 07:37 AM
so who's gonna be dressed up for the release and or just to celebrate i know i am.

Proximal
09-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I don't think I'll take it that far but I'll be floating on cloud nine as soon as next tuesday rolls around. The gamestop employee's love me, lol. I have atleast 3 games on preorder, TFU, Gears of War 2, and Fallout 3.

I'm on a 3 game limit from my wife.

Oro Dain
09-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Another fellow gamer here, and as it looks right now the only way to be able to enjoy the duel mode is on the Wii. The game will play differently on each platform.

From Wikipedia

The game's developers wanted each platform to offer players a distinct, "unleashed" experience. Some gameplay elements were not ported to all platforms because of each platform's differing features -- for example, the Wii's "social experience" led to the design of that version's two-player duel mode.

Although the story and characters are consistent across all platforms, specific details vary between them -- for example, the opening level on Kashyyyk will be a daytime attack on the Xbox 360, while the Wii, PSP and PS2 depictions happen at night with different levels. The Wii, PlayStation 2, and PSP versions -- all developed by Krome Studios -- will allow the player's character to participate in Jedi trials, encountering the spirits of long-dead Jedi.

The Wii version will use the Wii Remote to simulate the ability to wield a lightsaber, while the Nunchuk attachment will simulate Force power use.
In addition to duel mode, the Wii version also includes five levels not included in the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions.

The PlayStation Portable version will feature an exclusive "historic mode" that allows players to reenact five battles and events from the Star Wars films as well as multiplayer for up to four players.

The Nintendo DS version, developed by n-Space, will allow players to use the stylus to input a chain of lightsaber effects combined with Force powers.

THQ's Universomo studio developed mobile phone, iPhone, and N-Gage versions of The Force Unleashed that is "very different" from other platforms', but still tells a story about Darth Vader's secret apprentice.
These games feature a "CellWeaver" gesture system: each enemy has a symbol above its head that corresponds to a "gesture" or button combination that controls the player's character's attack.

Enjoy!

Oro Dain

jamesjeffh
09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
What ?!?! no duels on 360 but that weak wii has em that sucks. I think my blood pressure just went up. The wii already has that clone wars lightsaber battles coming out and nobody else gets the saber goodness this just aint right whatever happened to fair. BOOOOOOOO lucasarts share the love.

Lord Preston
09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Another fellow gamer here, and as it looks right now the only way to be able to enjoy the duel mode is on the Wii. The game will play differently on each platform.

From Wikipedia

The game's developers wanted each platform to offer players a distinct, "unleashed" experience. Some gameplay elements were not ported to all platforms because of each platform's differing features -- for example, the Wii's "social experience" led to the design of that version's two-player duel mode.

Although the story and characters are consistent across all platforms, specific details vary between them -- for example, the opening level on Kashyyyk will be a daytime attack on the Xbox 360, while the Wii, PSP and PS2 depictions happen at night with different levels. The Wii, PlayStation 2, and PSP versions -- all developed by Krome Studios -- will allow the player's character to participate in Jedi trials, encountering the spirits of long-dead Jedi.

The Wii version will use the Wii Remote to simulate the ability to wield a lightsaber, while the Nunchuk attachment will simulate Force power use.
In addition to duel mode, the Wii version also includes five levels not included in the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions.

The PlayStation Portable version will feature an exclusive "historic mode" that allows players to reenact five battles and events from the Star Wars films as well as multiplayer for up to four players.

The Nintendo DS version, developed by n-Space, will allow players to use the stylus to input a chain of lightsaber effects combined with Force powers.

THQ's Universomo studio developed mobile phone, iPhone, and N-Gage versions of The Force Unleashed that is "very different" from other platforms', but still tells a story about Darth Vader's secret apprentice.
These games feature a "CellWeaver" gesture system: each enemy has a symbol above its head that corresponds to a "gesture" or button combination that controls the player's character's attack.

Enjoy!

Oro Dain

I wouldn't believe it. Wikipedia has been know to make too many errors, since any one with an account there could post random crap, and it would be considered valid. Not trying to be mean Oro, just don't rely on them.

Proximal
09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
from all of the interviews, videos, and blogs I've read from lucas arts I'd say wiki is pretty accurate. It is a bummer but just be glad everyone will get to play (except PC so far).

Oro Dain
09-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh no it's cool =)

I have actually read all this from quite a few gamer magazines and am pretty confident on the info. you can goto Video Game trailers and watch the videos with all this info in them as well from the companies making them.

I am not one to post before I have the right info but I do undertsand where you are coming from. I don't usually use the Wiki sites for that reason but it was the first one that came up with the info when i looked it up for the people here. No offense taken.

Oro Dain

Lord Preston
09-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Oh no it's cool =)

I have actually read all this from quite a few gamer magazines and am pretty confident on the info. you can goto Video Game trailers and watch the videos with all this info in them as well from the companies making them.

I am not one to post before I have the right info but I do undertsand where you are coming from. I don't usually use the Wiki sites for that reason but it was the first one that came up with the info when i looked it up for the people here. No offense taken.

Oro Dain

Thanks for being cool about it. Just did not want you to get false information, and ruin your game experience.;) And its great that you get those gamer magazines, as they can provide useful information.

Lord Dottore Matto
09-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I'll be in the middle of a 10 day stretch of 14 Hr days in the hospital that week, I am seriously bummin':(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad:

jamesjeffh
09-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Yeah working in the hospital is the only job on earth where you cant even think of calling in sick ...... thats just plain dumb .

sekrogue1985
09-09-2008, 09:27 AM
I'll be in the middle of a 10 day stretch of 14 Hr days in the hospital that week, I am seriously bummin':(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad:

now that sucks maybe someone you know should like bring you a tv and the game and council to play it on

jamesjeffh
09-09-2008, 09:38 AM
They dont make friends like that anymore ... hell I dont even think my brother would do that for me. He'd be more than likely to use my key and go in my place and take my game while I'm at work.

Darth Leximus
09-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Ok needless to say, I'm really really looking forward to this game! I've got an apprentice costume in the works for halloween even! I've been waiting for this gap in the story to be filled in for a long time and it's finally here!

I also want to say this. I just finished the book today and it was better than I expected it to be. The whole thing was a little rushed, but all in all I like how they tied this story in to the rest of the saga. That's all I'll say until after the game release so as not to ruin anything for anyone. 7 more days!!!!

Proximal
09-09-2008, 05:12 PM
ooo a book, now that is news to me. After the legacy of the force books I took a break. I guess I need to hit the books store tomorrow.

sekrogue1985
09-09-2008, 05:14 PM
They dont make friends like that anymore ... hell I dont even think my brother would do that for me. He'd be more than likely to use my key and go in my place and take my game while I'm at work.

yeah i have several friends that are nurses and what not and seriously...they never get off unless they are the ones using the place....yeah my friends wouldn't dare...they've tried but eyah...lets just say threatening to "geek/nerd/whatever/ out kills them..."

Oro Dain
09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Man! I can't stop playing the demo...

This game is going to be a lot of fun, I just wish they had more XBOX live dueling incorporated with ALL of the games so I don't have to buy to different version for separate platforms.

Ah well..

VeggieJedi
09-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Just got the demo for 360, its awesome!!:cool: played it on Sith Lord mode first time too!!:D we dont get ours until the 19th in the UK though:mad:

Proximal
09-16-2008, 05:00 AM
D-day!!!!!!!!!1

Lord Preston
09-16-2008, 10:39 AM
I got the game! Heck yea!

jamesjeffh
09-18-2008, 10:07 AM
I dont pick up my copy till early tommorow morning. Does anybody whos bought the game have any regrets ? Is it as good as the demo leads you to think it could be ........ I'm hearing mixed reviews but I'm buying anyway.

MoonDragn
09-18-2008, 10:10 AM
I think what we need really is someone to design a game that uses one of the custom lightsabers with an accelerometer/motion sensor technology like a WII controller, and one of those power gloves, and have a real game where you can swing the light saber and use your glove hand for force manipulations.

Darth Leximus
09-18-2008, 10:35 AM
That would be sweet.

As for the game all I say is this...it's one of the most frustrating games I've ever played, and also one of the coolest games I've ever played. One pointer, just destroy all your enemies in the fastest most effective way possible, DO NOT let them knock you down...you will regret it.

Mazarill Slay
09-18-2008, 10:49 AM
*is drooling about this game*

jamesjeffh
09-18-2008, 11:24 AM
If they could make a game that actually puts a lightsaber in your hand and lets you " use the force " with a power glove ............ they'd sell out like it was crystal focus V10 or somethin.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
09-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I rented it last night for the PS2. I thought that I'd rent it first before I shelled out the money to buy it.

After 10 minutes of play, I decided that when I go to return the rental, I'm buying my own copy. What a great game!

I'm still trying to learn all the combos to do the force moves, but I'm getting there. I managed to beat Rahm Kota, and just got sent to the Jedi Temple by Vader.

FenderBender
09-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Ive been playing this game for a couple of days now. In an honest review, I think its wildly creative, some of the plot twists will have you spinning your head and you'll never watch episodes III-VI the same way again (not to mention the script writing and acting were FAR better than any of the prequels). The Force powers and the combos that you can do with them are endles fun and a power trip. Cons are, sometimes you dont lock on the things you want to, you have WAY too slow of recovery time from a knock down and your block doesnt always fly up fast enough. Visually its stunning, story is compelling and its fun as hell, if you dont own it get it. If you dont own a current gen system to play it on, get one then get this game, its worth it.

Jedi554
09-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I just flat out LOVE this game. Period. End of story.

jamesjeffh
09-20-2008, 10:20 PM
I bought the game and loved the second I smashed a wookie through a tree . I love this game. I play with my sone and nephews watching and they keep yelling for me to slam somebody into the wall or throw em through a window. I love how the boss battles are done also after playing against kota I dont see why they didnt have a duel mode in this game I mean the place where you fight screams death match.

Pullo
09-21-2008, 05:07 PM
It is one in the moring as I type this post and I have just completed The force Unleashed. I have just started it again with all my force powers and costumes and so on.... way cool.. I have the Wii Version and That has a duel Mode. You can unlock characters like obi wan and darth maul. And yes with the Wii you do get to swing the remote around like a saber and force push with your left hand holding the nunchuck. As previously stated WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Oro Dain
09-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Yeah as I purchased my 360 version i stood there wondering if I should also grab the Wii version as well, I am going back today to get it.

Playing the game is a lot of fun, there are a ton of upgrades, like finding saber crystals to change the damage properties and there are also ones to change the color of your saber. You can also find different outfits which there are quit a few at least 15 different ones.

You can upgrade force powers, aquire new combos and boost those threw a point system. The finishing moves are rock solid and pretty kick butt.

Get it...love it

Darth_DevilGuy
09-22-2008, 08:47 AM
they're going to make me buy a ****ing console to get this aren't they...

sekrogue1985
09-22-2008, 08:51 AM
they're going to make me buy a ****ing console to get this aren't they...

yes they are DevilGuy.

on another note i played both the wii and 360 version over the weekend and let me say i loved both ways of playing. though i like the wii better cause of the control experience. the 360 is obvious. overall i loved it and i'll probably get it on the PSP cause well i'll be on the road traveling in search of a job and that'll be handy as i wait lol

Barmic Rin
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Played 360 version. Wet my pants.

Bulid saber loosely bades on Starkillers saber with other elements thrown in. Check out the gallery for that and others i've stuck together.

I'm BACK FOLKS!!!!!!

Donnovan Sunrider
09-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Anyone know if there are tie-in books of this game? I'm not going to be buying a game console for this, but I'd be interested in reading the story from it.

Mazarill Slay
09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
yeah there is a book I've already read it XD

I can't wait for this game!

Donnovan Sunrider
09-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Excellent...
Sound the horns! Release the hounds! To the library! Tally-HO!

sekrogue1985
09-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Played 360 version. Wet my pants.

Bulid saber loosely bades on Starkillers saber with other elements thrown in. Check out the gallery for that and others i've stuck together.

I'm BACK FOLKS!!!!!!

cant wait to see it

Count Malik
09-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Such a sweet game!!! I love it (maybe even better than KOTOR) I'm on my second time around. I have it on PSP and its...its...So powerful!!!:D I wish they could make a 2nd game that takes place 2 years after the legacy of the force books (based on the new books coming out in April!) That would be awsome!!:rolleyes::p

Proximal
09-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I have a few complaints but they don't change how much I actually love this game.

Sometimes targeting is off the wall. You target something and it is the absolute wrong thing.

I also pick up items to throw and sometimes they don't hit the correct spot even though I aimed.

It is difficult to break a combo you are currently in, usually activating block does it but in this game you have to just pray.

camera angles can get a bit annoying.

not enough character development for the main character, Starkiller.

aside from that I gave it the same rating that Gameinformer gave it, 8.75

overall quality is top notch, game play is addictive, replay value is immense, storyline has only minor gaps and holes.

kudos to Lucas Arts for a quality game.

I don't think this is better than KOTOR but I'm glad to see one come close and be rendered on all platforms.

jamesjeffh
09-23-2008, 07:23 PM
I know I'm not the only person whos beat the game and noticed the sweet sabers on his hip .... VERY nice. I love the dark side saber though VERY nice with the spikes and the light side saber are the ones hasbro uses for the game as well and I thought they were just being cheap about it and went the easy route

Lord Dottore Matto
09-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Good game, god of war with better graphics, not as good as KOTOR. I like it overall and agree with the 8.75

Darth_DevilGuy
09-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Good game, god of war with better graphics, not as good as KOTOR. I like it overall and agree with the 8.75

you said almost the exact same thing as game informer...

Lord Dottore Matto
09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
you said almost the exact same thing as game informer...

I did read the game informer review last week, that just shows the power of the subconscious mind! I was actually referring to the rating that Proximal quoted in his post (and agreeing with him and the magazine);)

Moordak
09-26-2008, 06:24 AM
Ok, I haven't done it yet, but am I correct in assuming at the end of the game you have a choice of who you want to fight? Trying not to spoil anything for people who haven't played it yet so I'm being vague. I fought the guy you had just fought, but for some reason I think you have a choice between the two to attack.

jamesjeffh
09-26-2008, 06:06 PM
You have a choice left = light side,right = dark side

Who everybodys favorite boss to fight ? I vote for Proxy