PDA

View Full Version : 616 Joe Jedi Board question

Ashron
08-31-2008, 07:47 PM
OK I am kinda stuck I am wiring a Joe Jedi soundboard into a saber. I attached the latching switch to the board beneath the current button, I soldered across all three prongs. However when I tested the sound came on but would not turn off. I have now removed the switch and and works correctly again ( i tested using the switch on the board)Any tips how I can correct this?

Here is a basic schematic.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/676/switchtg0.th.png

Dark Navel
08-31-2008, 08:15 PM
What kind of switch are you using?? I am dead tired but I will post a wiring diagram for you tomorrow..Get rid of the solder bridge and use the top right and the one right below it and wire that to your switch..As stated I'll get a diagram posted for you tommorow..

Phiily Manyaan
08-31-2008, 09:02 PM
You should only need to use one solder point for each wire. Bridging them will a cause a sort of a short and hence your malfunction. If you can make the pins from the original switch separate again and just solder the wires to one pin each. I just finished mine using the same setup and accidentally bridged two of them but got lucky and had no real problem, three could be not so good...

Ashron
09-01-2008, 06:08 PM
I am using the switch Tim sells in the store. I have cleared the bridges. It sounds like I need to solder the wires to the right top and middle prongs. Is this correct?

Logan Cade
09-02-2008, 03:04 PM
I hope this helps:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff204/armonfiredesigns/Furysaber011.jpg

Dark Navel
09-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Take a look at this wiring pic...Correct use the top right prong and the middle right prong and it should work.

Darth_DevilGuy
09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
only two of the pins need to be linked to close the circuit I don't remember the exact configuration but on mine they were on the same row, by linking all three pins you've closed the circuit and bypassed the switch, you have to be careful that the leads on the board that you connect to the leads on your switch don't cross each other, and that you're only attaching to the two leads you need to.

Edit: It should look something like this
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/DevilDude912/circuitDiagram.jpg

Ashron
09-03-2008, 04:43 PM
IT works!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for the help. You guys rock! I should have the saber done in the next few weeks :D

Dark Navel
09-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Glad I could help..I know when I first started I was shooting questions all over the place..come to think of it I still am. Anyways good luck on the saber build and remember 6 volts is the max you want to give this puppy otherwise you'll cook it.;)

eastern57
09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Glad I could help..I know when I first started I was shooting questions all over the place..come to think of it I still am. Anyways good luck on the saber build and remember 6 volts is the max you want to give this puppy otherwise you'll cook it.;)

Yes, DN - look how far you've come ;)