PDA

View Full Version : Is this correct?

Darth Cruor
08-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I need someone to look at my terrible MS Paint attempt at a Hasbro wiring schematic and tell me if it's correct, if not, what could I do to simplify it.

Sorry about the disorganized look btw, I threw things in as I thought of them.

Darth Cruor
08-30-2008, 06:09 PM
It looks like the extra power source is going to take up a ton of room, but I don't know how many mA the sound board needs, and driving both LEDs at 3v would be severly underdriving the main LED and overdriving the accent LED.

Darth Cruor
08-30-2008, 06:26 PM
If anyone could tell me the required mA for a Hasbro board, then I could wire it directly to the main power source and save a little more hassle.

Oh yeah, I just realised, in my diagram, wouldn't the resistor for my main LED limit the voltage of the sound board?

Darth Cruor
08-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Ok, final question. If my setup is entirely wrong (which I suspect it is), could someone please kindly post a schematic for the correct wiring of what I'm trying to achieve, which is a recharge port, a rechargeable battery pack, latching switch for main LED, momentary switch for accent LED, and, if possible, Hasbro wired so that it is turned on when the main LED turns on (if not, its own latching switch will be fine), and wired to the main power source. Resistor values would also be appreciated, and wires colour-coded.

Thank you.

Lord Maul
08-30-2008, 06:47 PM
What's wrong with just driving the main LED off a Hasbro board? It will power it well enough. That would make it so I could grasp what is going on in your diagram :p

Jay-gon Jinn
08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
A Hasbro board will run a K2 just fine, even though it will be under powered, if you feed it 4.5v.