PDA

View Full Version : Can of Tomatoes

JaylinDakaal
08-29-2008, 09:01 PM
No this has nothing to do with tomatoes. People always give their introduction topics a title like "hello" and I feel the need to be different. I do however like tomatoes.

Anyways, I am Jaylin, and I'm new to the idea of saber building. Aside from having a fear of most powertools, this seems like fun. Fortunately I have people who can help me when the drill makes a loud scary noise. I do sometimes break down and do it myself, some things are just too difficult to do with hand tools.

Currently the only saber I own is an MR one, but knowing the kind of person I am, I'll want many over my lifetime. The first one I want to build, and I realize this is a rather large undertaking, is a Mara Jade lightsaber. Any advice on which pieces to use and such is more than welcome.

Sometime in the future (after Mara Jade at the earliest), I'll be wanting to start on a pair of twin sabers. I know some basic aspects that I want, but it'll that some time for me to be able to articulate it enough that I can start making sketches and such.

Erm...that's all I can think to say about me now. Nice to meet you all!

Lord Dottore Matto
08-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Welcome! Read, Read, Read, and don't let the power tools scare you they are your friends!:p

Kal El Rah
08-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Like Dottore Matto said:D

p.s. welcome to your new addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

astromech_kuhns
08-30-2008, 11:15 PM
welcome can of tomatoes dude!

twin sabers rock.;)

eastern57
08-31-2008, 12:15 AM
I like that "can of tomatoes" bit - it's creative... I'm interested to see what kind of product your creative mind will concoct... don't let us down or it's the "rotten tomatoes" for you ;)

k, not really... Welcome!

Jedi-Loreen
08-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Welcome, Jaylin. I recognize your name from the Rebel Legion boards.

Nice to see another female over here. I hope you stick around for a while. I seem to be the only female who posts here with any regularity. :|

JaylinDakaal
08-31-2008, 08:24 PM
I would certainly hope I'm creative, otherwise the Creative Writing portion of my major is a big waste of time lol. Sadly my drawing skills are lacking, so any pictures of designs I post erm...may require a bit of creativity on your part for it to look the way I envisioned it.

I was reading the topic on naming sabers, and after adding my two cents about Jade and the Twin Flames, I was reading responses to the newly named saber that started the topic. Someone said "nevermore" and the image of a saber popped fully formed into my head at the word. I'll have to work on either a really good description so someone can draw it for me, or buy a good eraser and give it a try myself.

Loreen, as long as there's interesting conversation, something to learn, or I have an idea, I'll probably be here. I spend about 90% of my time online, lol. I'm trying to keep up the same name everywhere I go, partly because I already go by several things, and partly because it's easier to recognize someone that way.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I thought about doing a general introduction type thing, you know, hobbies, pets, etc, but instead I'll let people just ask me abou the things they want to know.