PDA

View Full Version : Mace Windu Question

Usernames suck
03-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Can you use a blue luxeon and the Mace blade to make it a brighter purple? PICS PLEASE!!!

The opression of the Sith will never return, you have lost - mace windu

LAN-ED-TUL
03-13-2006, 11:29 PM
possibly with a reddish filter might get ya a mace color. i have a blue in my luke esb graflex i built and also some filters from tim. i was gonna try throwin in a reddish filter myself and see what i get.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Usernames suck
03-14-2006, 04:02 PM
But I thought the diffuser in the Mace blade had a red tint to it cause the leds inside it are blue.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-14-2006, 09:02 PM
my bad, i forgot you said mace blade, duh!

Usernames suck
03-15-2006, 02:54 PM
So it would work then?

Do-Clo
03-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Your idea may work but without knowing the type of red filter inside the mace blade it would be hard to say for sure. Worst thing that could is be that you have to use a red filter disk to get the color you want.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Devilstar2k2
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM
I'd be worried that the bottom of the blade would be blue where its brighter, but purplish toward the end of the blade.

But then again, that could be kinda cool... I say go for it. [;)]

Do-Clo
03-15-2006, 09:23 PM
If one was really determined they could replaced the leds in the MR blade with uV leds and then you would have a very deep purple color but that is a lot of work.

Do-Clo

LAN-ED-TUL
03-16-2006, 05:08 AM
yeah, if ya felt like unsoldering and resoldering 64 of those lil beggers..

Do-Clo
03-16-2006, 06:41 AM
I may consider trying that since I will have a spare MR blade to work with. The leds are cheap enough and it will just take time to change them out.

Do-Clo

LAN-ED-TUL
03-16-2006, 05:20 PM
well, i do have the MR vader blade that i have left from the vader conversion. only thing is i cut the wires off right at the edge of strip. if i reused it i hope i could still solder the wires back on end to use it. if i could get those uv leds cheap, it might be worth tryin out.