PDA

View Full Version : Powerful You All Have Become

Oro Dain
08-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Hey all,

* Bows to all of the Masters present

I have been reading the forums for about 2 weeks now and am very excited about getting started on building my first Saber. It looks like a lot of you have a ton of experience and most of the forums have some sort of tip or trick that I can apply to my saber construction. (very cool)

I look forward to getting started and appreciate all the info you have here to offer new people like me.

Oro Dain

Kal El Rah
08-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Let me be the 1at to welcome you to the boards and your newest addiction:D

Drichar Deis
08-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Everything you need to know is in here, the trick is finding it ;)

Oro Dain
08-28-2008, 12:39 PM
lol!
Yeah I actually ordered a 616 last night in preparation of my build.

It was a lot to take in when I first found the site but now I have a really good idea of what I want and how to do it. You are right, finding the info has proved to be a little of a task but so far I have answered all my questions thx to everyone here.

And yes this is growing into a horribly addictive, obsessive hobby :-D
*flexes...lol

Come on every person who is a fan has dreamed of putting together their own
saber...lol

Lord Preston
08-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the forums! I call him as my second apprentice.

xl97
08-28-2008, 03:36 PM
<shameless plug>

if you dont know..

you can use: www.saberbuilder.com

to mess around with and play with ideas before ordering your parts..

most parts you see there ARE available in the store front (maybe some custom powder coating is needed).. and some would need you to contact a builder or the store front to be custom machined (mostly the ones located in the custom parts section)

</shameless plug>

Lord Dottore Matto
08-28-2008, 04:54 PM
I like this dude! He should officially be promoted past noob status immediately! This is the way to do it!!!

Welcome (that all may have been a little over the top...LMFAO):p

P.S.- Preston, quit trying to claim all of the padawans. Leave some to the true masters like Novastar, Corbin, x, grayven, Jay-Gonn and Jonitus!

Lord Preston
08-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I like this dude! He should officially be promoted past noob status immediately! This is the way to do it!!!

Welcome (that all may have been a little over the top...LMFAO):p

P.S.- Preston, quit trying to claim all of the padawans. Leave some to the true masters like Novastar, Corbin, x, grayven, Jay-Gonn and Jonitus!

Aww, man.:sad:

darth ney
08-28-2008, 06:17 PM
welcome to the new guy/gal i wish u luck in your building of a saber.... make sure you suscribe to a group in your user controll pannel.

Oro Dain
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM
<shameless plug>

if you dont know..

you can use: www.saberbuilder.com

to mess around with and play with ideas before ordering your parts..

most parts you see there ARE available in the store front (maybe some custom powder coating is needed).. and some would need you to contact a builder or the store front to be custom machined (mostly the ones located in the custom parts section)

</shameless plug>

I appreciate the info but I did find the SaberBuilder and had some fun trying to find something that I thought looked cool.

Very much appreciated though =)

First thing...(yes I am a guy)

Second thing... I did see the custom parts (very nice BTW)
I did wonder about how to order them. When I looked over the store a few days ago I did not see the CP's and later found a few posts where it said I would have to call or PM someone if I had questions. I am sure at some point I will have a question or 2 but for now I am just gonna try and read a little more, take a few notes, and then pretend I know what I am talking about when I do ask ;)

Thx guys for the warm welcome.

Oro Dain

Lord Dottore Matto
08-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Aww, man.:sad:

dude, you are a card!:p LMAO

DDanDevious
08-29-2008, 04:30 AM
awesome... someone who actually reads and learns before posting the obligitory "how do I build a saber?" thread. Excellent. You just gained about a billion respect points man.

oh welcome and stuff... and seriously this stuff gets addicting.

DDD

Oro Dain
08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
LOL! well after I am done snooping around for the "so hard to find info"
(even though there is a search function) <.< >.> (and most of the posts are actually labeled.. go figure) I will post everything I am planing on getting and what I want to try and accomplish. I do look forward to bothering the heck out of you guys to :shock:

* Double Training saber salute

Oro Dain

astromech_kuhns
08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
preston make your pick him or the kel dore? il take the kel dore if you dont whant him;)

welcome.:cool: enjoy your stay at this site and good luck building;)

Lord Preston
08-29-2008, 05:15 PM
dude, you are a card!:p LMAO

You know it. I try my best..;)

Lord Preston
08-29-2008, 05:17 PM
preston make your pick him or the kel dore? il take the kel dore if you dont whant him;)

welcome.:cool: enjoy your stay at this site and good luck building;)

I'll stick with Darth Ultious. But as I said earlier, welcome and enjoy your stay.

Oro Dain
08-30-2008, 09:07 AM
OK well things haven't gone as planned lol

The Great news: I got my 616
The Not so good news for me: My 5 year old daughter who loves the movies has become Darth Adrianna and has cut off my arms and legs with "HER" new lightsaber...sigh

Wishes he could bleed to death...lol

This is how it went:
*Oro Dain opens new package delivered by speedy mail type guy,
I excitedly open the box and insert batteries... OH BABY SO CLOSE!
I power the saber up OH YEAH!! I CAN FEEL THE FORC.....ah crap
(*Adrianna walks into the room, her little eyes lock on to the now glowing red lightsaber. Daddy she says is that my new Lightsaber..with a short pause(insert picture of oro looking at camera(if there was one)) I slowly hand it to her, her eyes as big as Deathstars...she then cuts my arms and legs off and tells me I'm dead...as i slowly make my way to the floor to my fake death i close my eyes to listen to the sounds of the Saber in the other room probably taking care of the cats...

Big sigh...

moments later Kerri my wife comes in and says, I guess she got you?

Big sigh...

Yes I mummble with my eyes still closed, You are a good Daddy Jedi Kerri says and gives me a kiss on the cheek and walks out of the room.

Oh well...I guess I'll just have to order another one and try to reclaim my Daddy Jedi dignity

lol, good times

My only question is: Do Jedi cry?

Oro Dain

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
08-30-2008, 11:34 AM
ROFL!

I haven't said hello to you yet.

Welcome! And thanks for the laugh!

astromech_kuhns
08-30-2008, 06:29 PM
wait then i call oro drain:D

oro you can contact me with all your questions through pm if youde like:) cause your my aprentance now!!!

and jedi do cry. i mean preston cries all the time;-) and hes a jedi, also anikan did!

annon
08-30-2008, 07:11 PM
welcome to the fun.
you're definitely a Jedi, and a good daddy...but a Sith would still have his lightsaber :twisted: