PDA

View Full Version : Input needed "ring or no ring"

Lord Dottore Matto
08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi guys, I am buliding a new saber and need some input. I posted it at judgesabersmith.com so rather than retyping the whole thing here, I will just provide the link.

http://judgesabersmith.com/index.php?topic=120.0

The gist is that I want opinions of the "ring" placement and/or should I leave it out all together? If the link does not work someone post that it does not and I'll copy the whole post over here. BTW, I posted it like this because js.com is a great forum if you have not already checked it out!!!

I'll also post the link to the photobucket album for you lazier types!:rolleyes:

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/Ravensclaw/

xl97
08-27-2008, 05:53 AM
for sure keep it..

are those claws rubber? how stable are they if so?

I also dig the 'choke' or grooved center section you got..custom made?

joshrock
08-27-2008, 07:10 AM
I'd leave it off myslef.... but in the same token it does give it a uniqueness. I love the "leather" grip part. is that actual leather?

annon
08-27-2008, 09:12 AM
I think you should keep the ring. It may look real cool with the blade.

Donnovan Sunrider
08-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Going by the pics in the album, I assume you're referencing the ring above the emitter. I'm not really gonna sign up for another board just to see one thread. If I can't look it over first, I rarely sign up.

I like the ring too. Not that many sabers use that kind of look, and it gives it an interesting appearance. Particularly when a blade is lit in the hilt, that should look really nice.

Hasid Lafre
08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Ring, the rest is just filler for the post to actually work.

Lord Dottore Matto
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
for sure keep it..

are those claws rubber? how stable are they if so?

I also dig the 'choke' or grooved center section you got..custom made?

Yeah, the choke was scavenged from a saber I bought from Airsoftmode. The claws are resin plastic (the same stuff that MPP shrouds are made of. They are durable, but not as much so as aluminum. They are VERY stable when attached to the saber.

Lord Dottore Matto
08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I'd leave it off myslef.... but in the same token it does give it a uniqueness. I love the "leather" grip part. is that actual leather?

Yes it is snakeskin on a plastic grip, then attached to the hilt.

Dandura
08-27-2008, 12:33 PM
I like how you call it a "Junk Saber" That thing is beautiful are you kidding me?!

gundamaniac
08-28-2008, 05:40 PM
For the love of the Force, keep the ring where it is in the picture! I like that placement very VERY much and it looks rather blah in the pictures without the ring (in comparison to the pictures WITH the ring). A very nice saber (with the ring =P)

Voice
08-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Either keep the ring, or shorten the claws. I'd keep the ring.

gundamaniac
08-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Voice is wise! Keep the ring!