PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Sink Tubes

Crimsonjedi
08-21-2008, 07:43 AM
So I am looking to get some tubing for some overlays on my saber. I would like to get something like a brushed/media blasted aluminum tube. Something with a matte type finish that is a little stronger than the standard shiny tube. Does anyone have suggestions on where to get it? I have heard of onlinemetal.com. Is that the best place. Also what is a good inner dimension for the tubing when trying to slide it over a powder coated MHS part? Thanks in advance for any help!

amichaels
08-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Greetings! It's not exactly the same thing, but I have several pieces of stainless SCA armor that I wanted to have a brushed look to match my helmet so I sanded them myself. You can use a very fine grain of sandpaper to dull up the finish of something chromed or stainless. It's just time consuming.

Arm on Fire
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM
MHS O.D. is 1.450". I'm not sure of the thickness of the powdercoat, Im sure it varies.
the closest stock tubing that is availible most places is 1 1/2" ID (and its usually a little over that, like 1.510) which is pretty loose over MHS parts. also try www.speedymetals.com

jamesjeffh
08-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Go with speedymetals its cheap they deliver fast and you can order it by the inch instead of having to buy a whole foot

Crimsonjedi
08-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Thanks everybody for your suggestions. I am going to try speedy out and see what happens. Thanks again.