PDA

View Full Version : Saw Clone Wars Opening Day.

virus692
08-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I went to see Clone Wars. I brought my sabers and had a lot of fun. it was a cute movie...

The movie theater had an issue with the reel so I got a free ticket to see it again.
And the issue delayed the start So some kids and I dueled in the isles.
I just wish I had a camera... some people got shots with their camera phones but I didn't take names.
the last kid I dueled with got me in the gut good enough to leave a bruise but I am ok...
we all had fun.

I added a pic of the stab wound.
*she stabbed me in the gut any lower I would be talking with a squeak*
*spoiler*

Count Dooku is Evil.

Donnovan Sunrider
08-15-2008, 12:15 PM
See, with an experience like that, what does it matter if the film is good or not?
That's just awesome virus692. I'm sure you made some cool memories for those kids, and they're what it's all about.

Darth Leximus
08-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Right on! I'm takin my daughter at 7:30 and we are both bringin our sabers, should be good times. She's been talkin about it for months, I'm really lookin forward to taking her to her first big screen SW experience!

Hasid Lafre
08-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I skipted the posts and went straight to reply. Iam going to go see it at 7pm central time. I got my tickets already, picked them up yesterday.

sekrogue1985
08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I saw I liked it a lot. The CG was cool, I really liked how they looked. THe Mrs and I are going later tonight she want to see it just didn't want to lose sleep over it. I also got some MR people interested in Luxin' up their stock MRs and a few of them are even going to try out MHS. Funny thing is they've never heard of it or Ultrasabers either...

Overall, I say all who were there but one guy, who walked out right after the opening credit thingy, liked it. Minor dueling happened but not a lot. :(

Barmic Rin
08-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Literally got back ten minutes ago, there was maybe a dozen people in the screen with us.

Was good, & I found out at the end the guy in the seat in front had Vader on the back of his hand. I whip out my Jedi knight one, & the usher accused us of having a geek off!!!!!

Worth seeing in my opinion

ti-el_terall
08-15-2008, 04:12 PM
1st person in theatre.....

of about 10 LOL

I loved it

Jedi554
08-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I just got back from watching Clone Wars. Wasn't that bad of a movie! The animation was pretty good.

LeMoel
08-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Im going tonight at 9! excited

Zurath Kodul
08-15-2008, 05:30 PM
I got home from seeing it about an hour ago.

A girl that went with us now wants to have an Ashoka costume..... anyone have advice on the headpiece? :confused:

JasonEuc
08-15-2008, 05:39 PM
I took the afternoon off to take my son (7 yrs) to the 1:45 showing. Maybe 20-30 people in the theater.

We both really liked it. The CG was done well and actually enjoyed the plot.

Dialog was done much better than H.C. and company.

**** MINOR SPOILER ****

No dialog like: "No, I love you the most... No, I love you the most..." GAG!

Lord Preston
08-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Saw it today. Loved it.8)

DaJoQuim
08-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm going to see this movie saturday.I'm going to be there early as I was invited by the 501st to be there dressed up in costume for the kids to take pictures with lol!!

Darth Leximus
08-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Just got back, and it was really good. Tons of action and no too many kiddy moments. Good times and my daughter loved it too, she is also wanting an Ashoka costume. Luckily shes 6 so I can just buy her one and be done with it. Go see it, SW fans wont be disappointed if you don't go all uber nerd on it.

strengthofrage
08-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Sometimes you just gotta watch a movie and let it be just that, a movie. I am looking forward to going tonight and I hope I see some kids with sabers like you guys did, hopefully that wasn't just an opening night thing :)

Hasid Lafre
08-16-2008, 07:35 AM
I loved the clone wars! everything about it.

Somewhat spoilers I think, mainly about the characters

Clones have more of a soul, Rex got screen time, oddball for screen time, Cody got less screen time but we did get to see him kick some but and I think Rex could take Cody.

Ani wasn't all ******* and annoy like in the live films which makes this movie and the CN CW tv show rank really high up there in my book.

Iam still trying to figure out where snips fits in the saga and how its all going to tie in.

I loved the fact that panda bear got the second least amount of screen time.

gundamaniac
08-16-2008, 06:50 PM
The movie was better than I expected (then again I wasn't expecting much, because it is a. not a movie but the equivalent of a pilot to the tv series and b. the target audience is probably younger). I love the animation style (the characters all look like stylized carvings, like chess pieces! It's very nice...and the coloring, like their faces were carved painted wooden statues with a bit of weathering is very neat). It did it's job, which was to be entertaining and show off a bunch of neat action sequences. It's not supposed to be an artsy high-class deep film, but it is very very entertaining.

That said...I have two complaints which, while somewhat minor, really really irritated me:
1. Skyguy. Skyguy?!?! really?! why skyguy?! SKYGUY!!!!!
2. Zero the Hutt. that....made me want to cry. I now have a new character on which to focus my unreasonable nerd rage and hate...a character who is even worse than Jar Jar Binks, which I didn't think was possible. ::sob:: why, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......

Nightwing
08-17-2008, 10:41 AM
So you guys really liked the movie?
Eeesh.
I really hated it.

LeMoel
08-17-2008, 12:47 PM
i loved the movie, but how do you think it will fare ? in the money portion?

astromech_kuhns
08-17-2008, 01:08 PM
i liked it and i think it will bring in some big bucks but not like the live actions. lots of kids love starwars so theyel want to see it wich means parents will have to come wich means money.

Kolton Kuhns

darthdan
08-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Second on Zero as worst character ever. Also worst movie/animated project. I didn't walk out, because I paid for it and I was determined to see it all, I own all the rest, but this will not be going on the shelf.

Corbin_Das
08-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi all.
I saw it yesterday. I admit, I wasn't expecting much, but overall, it was better than I thought it would be (except for Zero). I wish they had made Zero less flamboyant. He reminded me of a Hutt version of Richard Simmons. Oh well. :)

I felt Ashoka was a decent character. The whole "Skyguy" and "Snips" thing got old, but whatever. The holo-medical droid reminded me of Star Trek a little, but that's OK.

Overall, I liked it... but felt it would have been better suited as a 3 part TV series and/or a DVD bonus with the upcoming Force Unleashed game.

Corbin

Jouster
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Just saw this yesterday. I have to say, as others have said, that this film did exceed my expectations. The voice acting was actually pretty good, especially compared to the prequel films ;)

However, the movie paled in comparison to the "novelization" done by Karen Traviss. I thought her take on the plot was much better executed, and ranks among the top 20 Star Wars books that I've read, which is actually saying something. Therefore, I have to recommend the book over the movie.

gundamaniac
08-18-2008, 01:31 PM
In regards to all this commenting about how the Clone Wars movie is not suitable as a movie....there's a reason for that. It really SHOULDN'T be a movie because this is in actuality essentially the pilot for the Clone Wars tv series which will be airing on Spike. Essentially Lucas saw the way the tv series was progressing, liked what he saw and said, hey, let's take the first episode or two and throw it in theaters as a "movie".

So I went in with the expectation that I was going to watch essentially an episode or two of the tv series, not the expectation that I was going to see some full new chapter of Star Wars. As a movie, the Clone Wars is really not very good at all. But if you look at it the way it's supposed to be, as in a portion of a tv series, then it's actually alright and pretty decent. Aside from the skyguy preppy-teen-in-a-starwars-flick and the stereotypical rampantly gay hutt, the Clone Wars retained what I liked about the Genndy Tartakovsky cartoon network version. I don't understand the crazy hate for the new Clone Wars. While it certainly wasn't ZOMG AWESOME FULL-OF-WIN-AND-GOLD it also certainly wasn't MASSIVE FAIL. It was pretty average. And again, this is the opening to a tv series guys, not a stand alone movie.

Nightwing
08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
...the Clone Wars tv series which will be airing on Spike.Cartoon Network, actually. With reruns on TNT.

There's a rumor going about that the reason for CW's theater premiere was that Cartoon Network wanted a theater release to help promote the series.