PDA

View Full Version : How to diffuse blade

Darth Cruor
08-12-2008, 10:58 PM
This is how I plan to diffuse my blade:

2 wraps of TCSS film
And "X" feet of polypropylene

Will this be good? I'm keen to hear how all you others diffuse your blades.

Novastar
08-13-2008, 12:10 AM
x=4

;)

well... you can use more if you like but 4 ought to do. It's not like the holy hand grenade though. In this case, thou shalt count to FOUR. Two is no good. SIX is... .. RIGHT OUT. ;)

LeMoel
08-13-2008, 12:28 AM
ur going to lose brightness

Jay-gon Jinn
08-13-2008, 02:01 AM
ur going to lose brightness

Why do you say that? Adding polypropylene to a Corbin blade or the standard TCSS diffuser actually adds to the brightnes of the blade.....

DizzyKungFu
08-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Indeed! I agree with Jay-gon Jinn, the poly WAY adds brightness! I did it for a friend's saber that was just double Corbin before and when they got it back, they were amazed at the brightness! It also makes the blade much more even (less hilt flare and less dim area further up the blade).

I agree with Novastar as well, 4 ft. is a good place to start. Although I find that optimal amount varies slighty based on blade length (little more for longer blades and a little less for shorter blades) and blade thickness (still working on the correlation here cuz I don't have many thin-walls), but I'm a perfectionist. ;)

Novastar
08-25-2008, 12:06 AM
ur going to lose brightnessIf anyone wants to challenge the brightness of their saber (of equal or negligibly different electronics and blade types) to mine, I'd be glad to do so. Only factor we'd have different would be the diffusion method, and the comparison could be made.

After spending two years on both the BOP shows and the two Plecter sabers that I've upgraded over 2007 to the present... I've learned that one of the most superior diffusion techniques... is exactly what we've been discussing: GIFT WRAP, lol. :)

I don't recall if I said so before, but... after a moderate to gigantic amount of dueling, if you also have Corbin film in there, it will pretty much become irrelevant due to the blade becoming "sanded" via hit after hit after hit, etc.

Granted, if you do enough wraps of the Corbin film, your center "coring" stripe *MIGHT* still be around even after lots of dueling.

When I say moderate to gigantic, I mean that your blade has handled something like 2500 to 25,000 hits. If you think I'm kidding, think again: the Flange III sabers (ok, the blades) have each gone through 24,000 hits or more.

And that's being conservative in my estimation.