PDA

View Full Version : Wii-related real-time motion tracking...

Novastar
08-08-2008, 03:16 AM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53944
Scroll down a bit to see the AiLive demonstration video.

Now THIS is a FORCE to be RECKONED with... ;)

This was passed on to me by Erv.

Hasid Lafre
08-08-2008, 03:35 AM
Yes I heard about this a little bit ago and its going to be prolly the most awsome addition to the Wii. I can forsee this being a major addition to the CF.

swear000
08-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Is this the concept behind "Star Wars The Force Unleashed" game soon to be released? I am almost wondering if putting the Wii Remote electronics inside a custom built saber hilt would be a good idea. That way, you could use your custom built lightsaber to play "Star Wars The Force Unleashed" instead of the little crappy plastic one that Nintendo will probably use.

strengthofrage
08-08-2008, 04:40 AM
So long as you aren't particularly attached to your living room lamps and furniture lol.

Hasid Lafre
08-08-2008, 04:43 AM
If people would realize that you dont have to swing them around like a mad man then your living quarters should be perfectly fine.

Novastar
08-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Well... obviously you could take your BLADE out and swing the hilt around like crazy, hahah :D

But seriously... I do not know if this technology was being taken into consideration for Force Unleashed. You never know though.

Hasid Lafre
08-08-2008, 05:53 AM
I remember it was talked about before TFU was even released to the public so who knows.

Go nintendo!

Barmic Rin
08-09-2008, 04:09 PM
We watch with interest....

Sabers, or the Master Sword perhaps....

gundamaniac
08-09-2008, 10:29 PM
oh wow...imagine Zelda with this! Or any sword-swinging swashbuckling game for that matter! Pretty awesome...

Novastar
08-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Holy moses.

I start talking to my g/f about this new Wii upgrade, and she's like: "We should get a Wii... that would be cool! I'd play some video games! It'd be better than movies every now and then..."

:confused:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:confused: :p ;) :D :cool:

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

But holy moses... what IS THAT?!?!

<--- detects ice cracking... ... .... is that???!?!?

oh yes------it is! I am starting to see signs of hell freezing over!!!... amazing!

xl97
08-10-2008, 07:50 AM
I believe ther is even an addition that is coming out (maybe its out?) that plugs into the bottom that adds MORE accurate sensor reading

I have found that it REALLY depends ont he software however.. Mario Galazy has a GREAT used of it, and is pretty accurate.. however other games do not. and they are slow(er) responding

taking the best of the Wii-mote and adding whatever can to the CF would be SICK!..

it already has alot of the things we'd like.. rumble/force feedback swign sensors for up, down, left right, rotate vert, rotate horz, and 'up right/tilt'

TimeRender
08-10-2008, 09:42 AM
I do not know if this technology was being taken into consideration for Force Unleashed. You never know though.

Hate to burst your bubble, but this almost certainly won't be used in TFU since third party developers didn't get any advance notice. See the article.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53834

And Xl97, the addition you mentioned is what this entire thread is about.

swear000
08-10-2008, 10:46 AM
well I don't think it is a big deal though because software can be patched. They should be able to patch the firmware or have a downloadable patch that resides in the Wii memory.

xl97
08-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but this almost certainly won't be used in TFU since third party developers didn't get any advance notice. See the article.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53834

And Xl97, the addition you mentioned is what this entire thread is about.

ahh..well I didnt see one mention of the Wii Motion Plus so I figured it was just the Wii-mote regular, and the CF...

TimeRender
08-10-2008, 08:13 PM
No software patch is going to allow a pre-existing game to make use of this kind of motion detection. This sort of thing is so fundamental that it will have to be something that an entire game engine is designed around. Assigning basic actions to specific controller movements is one thing. That's what allowed games like Zelda and Resident Evil to be ported to the wii. This is something very different.

Darth Leximus
08-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Holy moses.

I start talking to my g/f about this new Wii upgrade, and she's like: "We should get a Wii... that would be cool! I'd play some video games! It'd be better than movies every now and then..."

:confused:

:confused: :p ;) :D :cool:

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

But holy moses... what IS THAT?!?!

<--- detects ice cracking... ... .... is that???!?!?

oh yes------it is! I am starting to see signs of hell freezing over!!!... amazing!

Same thing happened to me Nova, and it actually worked. Us getting a Wii lead to her playing guitar hero, and eventually even into Halo and COD4! I never thought I'd see the day, but it happened!

Novastar
08-11-2008, 09:01 AM
It's starting to scare me when marketing tactics can... well... YOU KNOW: Sell ice to eskimos, or essentially sell it to someone who DOESN'T want something! :)

Although... I don't even know how much a Wii is. Or if I'd have time to play it, or if it's worth more clutter around the TV/movie area, hahah

DDanDevious
08-11-2008, 09:12 AM
sick.

I read about this before and it looks really cool... I can always use more sensitivity. Least thats what the wife says.

There is going to be a Clone Wars era dueling game coming out for the Wii or so I have read. That is exactly the kind of game this is made for.

DDD

Darth Leximus
08-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Nova the wii goes for @ $150 games go from $20-$50. It's fun if you are not a hardcore gamer or a graphics whore. Fun is really the name of the game when it comes to wii. It's great for parties and can be decent exercise if you really get into it.

Novastar
08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks D-Lex... I'll keep it in mind! I thought maybe it was $300 or something, heheh

ANd graphics... I can get that from my PC... I tend to never like playing in anything less that 1600 x 1200--especially something like Oblivion (although I haven't touched it in about a year, lol--too busy)...

xl97
08-11-2008, 09:51 AM
I'll second that comment..

FUN is the purpose IMHO, even when NOT playing..its still fun to watch others move around..and you 'get into it'..

I have been really impressed with the gameplay that Mario Galaxy had..

plus with Wii sports, its fun to bowl, play tennis or box even.. although boxing may get you annoyed some what, as it IS a game still... ;)