PDA

View Full Version : Fixing the blade into the saber

DougDimmadon
08-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Hello its me again
Doug Dimmadome
i didnt know if it was necessary to create another topic because the one below my question was oready answered but now i have another doubt...im bothering you guys =/ sorry

Ok lets suppose i bought the polyc tube
now i want to fix it into the saber for it doesnt fly to my living room
"use thumbscrews" someone said in the first topic
i know that and thank you for telling me that =)

But how do i do it? I mean....i have to make holes in the blade and in the hilt and put a thumbscrew to bind them together, right? or wrong?
i'm really afraid of my blade doesnt get fixed enough

Could someone "teach" me that? =)
I rly have some trouble concerning vocabulary...english is not my primary language, you know =)
But u dont need to choose words.Dictionaries are quite useful sometimes =D

So if someone can help me...plz help me :mrgreen:
When i get my work done ill post a video and pics here in the forum

Thanks a lot again ;)

xl97
08-07-2008, 09:58 AM
wrong..

the blade holder parts have a 1 in hole so the polyC tube (blade) fits in there nice...

you then drill & tap a hole in the side of the blade holder.. NOT THE POLYC TUBE (blade)..

the thumbscrew screws into the bladeholder, tightening the polyC tube to the other side of the bladeholder, essentially pinching it together...make a tight hold.

does that make more sense?

DougDimmadon
08-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Ok...i just got the beginning

So i dont make holes in the tube...only in the hilt?
And the tube fits in the blade holder perfectly is that right?
And after i use screws to make it holder tighter?

ahh..do i have to make holes in the blade holder? wasnt it supposed to come from shop with the holes?
And ok...the blade holder REALLY holds the blade in place yeah?

amichaels
08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
No, you don't make holes in the blade itself.

The blade holder does not come with a thumbscrew, or a hole for it. You have to buy a thumbscrew and drill and tap the hole for it in the blade holder yourself. After you drill and tap the hole, the thumbscrew pushes the blade against the holder and keeps it in place by pressure alone.

xl97
08-07-2008, 10:34 AM
you can get a blade retnention screw hole made form the shop..but tis a little extra.. since he doesnt knwo where you might want it.. you have to specially request it.

DougDimmadon
08-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Ahhh...now i understood

Well, thank u guys =)