PDA

View Full Version : Sound Board Size

Anavrin
08-07-2008, 08:48 AM
I've gotten a couple responses about one sound board, but are they all effectively the same size, or do they vary a lot?

Darth_DevilGuy
08-07-2008, 09:49 AM
they vary, but not hugely.

xl97
08-07-2008, 10:00 AM
they DO vary.. and in MY opinion.. they vary alot.. my Hasbro Qui-Gon Sound board, can be piggy backed on top of my Plecter Dimmer board..and BOTH can fit into a film canister.

my 616 is much longer by an inch or so at least.. and I think my MR one is essentially the same as well..

Anavrin
08-07-2008, 10:15 AM
they DO vary.. and in MY opinion.. they vary alot.. my Hasbro Qui-Gon Sound board, can be piggy backed on top of my Plecter Dimmer board..and BOTH can fit into a film canister.

my 616 is much longer by an inch or so at least.. and I think my MR one is essentially the same as well..

Hasbro Qui-gon? You mean from the plastic tube swords? I take it that is a fairly small bit of kit? *plots*

xl97
08-07-2008, 11:31 AM
huh? yes form the plastic 'toy' sabers.. you can gut them for their sound boards.. and use them..

since avilability of other sound baords is quite scare as of now..

Moordak
08-07-2008, 12:09 PM
XL I'm going to assume that Anavrin is British with the reference to "kit". I think kit to those royalty loving Brits :razz: is like our use of terms like equipment or hardware.

It's like over here in "the colonies" we don't refer to 220/110 AC as mains :)

BTW Anavrin I'm just joking. I don't have a problem with British people at all. My ancestors were British and a good friend of mine has a Scottish lineage. I sometimes will make reference to my ancestors oppressing his ancestors.

Anavrin
08-07-2008, 12:26 PM
XL I'm going to assume that Anavrin is British with the reference to "kit". I think kit to those royalty loving Brits :razz: is like our use of terms like equipment or hardware.

It's like over here in "the colonies" we don't refer to 220/110 AC as mains :)

BTW Anavrin I'm just joking. I don't have a problem with British people at all. My ancestors were British and a good friend of mine has a Scottish lineage. I sometimes will make reference to my ancestors oppressing his ancestors.

*laughs* Not British, just... eclectic in my diction. I pick up phrases and accents and the like with nary an issue, which does me well when I'm picking up a role ;) But, yes–kit meaning equipment or such.